One More Time....When Was America Great And When Did It Stop?

look , you like being regulated , thats cool because there are going to be lots more regulations coming your way . And i use my examples as examples showing the trend of more rules , laws , regulations that the USA has been going since the early 60s Biff .

Last edited:
more laws and regulation like my examples in posts number 31 and 32 just lead to LESS FREEDOM for Americans Biff .

Eric Holder goes on MAGA attack: 'Exactly when did you think America was great?'

When did America stop being great to where we have to make it "great again"?? I have never got an answer to that question from a Trumper without them first clutching their pearls and falling on their fainting couch in faux outrage. It's a very simple question, if you feel America was great, then you must be able to point to that time period when it was great -- you must also be able to point to the time period when it stopped... Did it stop in the 2008?, was it in the 90's? -- did it stop in the 80's? 1960's?, the 50's? the roaring 20's? when?

From the article: "...Obama-era attorney general Eric Holder posed the question to MAGA-chanting Trump supporters: "Exactly when did you think America was great? -- .....the Democrats took shots at America's past as part of an effort to criticize President Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan."

How is simply asking the question, when was America great? -- how is that "taking shots at America's past -- but claiming America isn't great now isn't taking shots at America's present? What is so wrong with accepting that America was already great and the whole purpose and intent of this country is to always strive to be greater -- Trump could have easily said "Make America Greater"

However, something tells me it wouldn't have the same appeal as "MAGA" -- maybe because the people he was trying to appeal to don't believe in the concept of making America greater for everyone -- they believe in the concept of "RETURNING AMERICA BACK" to something that was only seen as great for a select few of Americans and if it wasn't so great for other Americans, so what, they aren't real Americans anyway -- but if this isn't the case -- then you should be able to tell us.....when was America great to where it needs to be made great again?

I've asked this same question and the answers have been evasive.

The most direct answers I got (and those were few) was prior to the Civil War and the 1950. Both refer to racism. Slavery and Jim Crow.

The more indirect answers referred to Obama. That could indicate a hatred of a black President or a hatred of Democrats in general. Either way it's all pretty ugly

I wouldn’t take the MAGA thing so seriously. It’s a slogan. Trump was running against the Dems and the Dems had held the White house for the past 8 years which he was trying to paint and a scorched earth disaster. Making America Great Again means nothing more than taking power back from the Dems

Taking the MAGA slogan and relating it to Jim Crow is giving Trump way too much credit. He doesn’t strike me as the type that thinks that deep. He is an attack dog and he likes playing with people’s emotions. Trust me, he loves seeing his opponents try to call him racist for the MAGA thing because it only makes them sound overdramatic and irrational. Don’t play his games.

It’s odd that you people can pretend that you don’t know when America was BETTER and why it was better. This shit isn’t complicated, all one has to do is have the courage to acknowledge facts and statistics...scared programmed pussies won’t dare pull their heads from their asses and allow themselves to wrap their heads around it though. Grab your straightjackets, I’m about to enlighten you nutless pukes.....
America was BETTER when it was Whiter...FACT!
America will be BETTER with less BROWN people...FACT!
NO nation is GREAT that is predominantly BROWN...FACT!

Now cue the scared bitches....scream “RACIST”!
I know, I know, I’m a total dick for exposing this revolutionary find....THANKS
and even when you get to have your masturbatory fantasy of having all non-whites removed from this country -- there are women, gays, handicapped, children, etc -- who still would oppose your fantasy of America being great in the 1800's, 1920's etc

The problem with bitch ass people like you is that -- America is not yours, it is Ours...so fuck what you whining about

Haha...you asked, I told you...your feelings got hurt...what a pussy..Funny shit. Stop playing stupid bud...America was great when it was White...TA-DA!
A whiter America is a safer, more productive, cleaner America...this is easy shit for third graders.

Eric Holder goes on MAGA attack: 'Exactly when did you think America was great?'

When did America stop being great to where we have to make it "great again"?? I have never got an answer to that question from a Trumper without them first clutching their pearls and falling on their fainting couch in faux outrage. It's a very simple question, if you feel America was great, then you must be able to point to that time period when it was great -- you must also be able to point to the time period when it stopped... Did it stop in the 2008?, was it in the 90's? -- did it stop in the 80's? 1960's?, the 50's? the roaring 20's? when?

From the article: "...Obama-era attorney general Eric Holder posed the question to MAGA-chanting Trump supporters: "Exactly when did you think America was great? -- .....the Democrats took shots at America's past as part of an effort to criticize President Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan."

How is simply asking the question, when was America great? -- how is that "taking shots at America's past -- but claiming America isn't great now isn't taking shots at America's present? What is so wrong with accepting that America was already great and the whole purpose and intent of this country is to always strive to be greater -- Trump could have easily said "Make America Greater"

However, something tells me it wouldn't have the same appeal as "MAGA" -- maybe because the people he was trying to appeal to don't believe in the concept of making America greater for everyone -- they believe in the concept of "RETURNING AMERICA BACK" to something that was only seen as great for a select few of Americans and if it wasn't so great for other Americans, so what, they aren't real Americans anyway -- but if this isn't the case -- then you should be able to tell us.....when was America great to where it needs to be made great again?

The most direct answers I got (and those were few) was prior to the Civil War and the 1950. Both refer to racism. Slavery and Jim Crow.

The more indirect answers referred to Obama. That could indicate a hatred of a black President or a hatred of Democrats in general. Either way it's all pretty ugly

I wouldn’t take the MAGA thing so seriously. It’s a slogan. Trump was running against the Dems and the Dems had held the White house for the past 8 years which he was trying to paint and a scorched earth disaster. Making America Great Again means nothing more than taking power back from the Dems

Taking the MAGA slogan and relating it to Jim Crow is giving Trump way too much credit. He doesn’t strike me as the type that thinks that deep. He is an attack dog and he likes playing with people’s emotions. Trust me, he loves seeing his opponents try to call him racist for the MAGA thing because it only makes them sound overdramatic and irrational. Don’t play his games.

It’s odd that you people can pretend that you don’t know when America was BETTER and why it was better. This shit isn’t complicated, all one has to do is have the courage to acknowledge facts and statistics...scared programmed pussies won’t dare pull their heads from their asses and allow themselves to wrap their heads around it though. Grab your straightjackets, I’m about to enlighten you nutless pukes.....

and even when you get to have your masturbatory fantasy of having all non-whites removed from this country -- there are women, gays, handicapped, children, etc -- who still would oppose your fantasy of America being great in the 1800's, 1920's etc

The problem with bitch ass people like you is that -- America is not yours, it is Ours...so fuck what you whining about
there are women, gays, handicapped, children, etc -- who still would oppose your fantasy of America being great in the 1800's, 1920's etc
libtards always bring up the past when it was Democrats who were being racist and women abusers , yet when you approach them on those subjects, they deny, deny, deny that it was Democrats doing such dirty deeds. Libturds are such stupid people.

Haha...you asked, I told you...your feelings got hurt...what a pussy..Funny shit. Stop playing stupid bud...America was great when it was White...TA-DA!
A whiter America is a safer, more productive, cleaner America...this is easy shit for third graders.
Stop playing stupid bud.
They arent playing, they "actually" are that stupid, because the left made them that way. Easier to control stupid people, than it is educated people.

bnxr.jpg

BIFF and his type plus his future bloodline deserve what they get BLoser .

It's great when we fight wars to win and didn't allow politics to control our military targeting.
It was great when we were the king of trade and other countries didn't take advantage of us. Soon it'll hopefully be that way again.
It was great when we didn't take any shit and we lead instead of followed.
It is better when we avoid wars that are none of our business

Notice when so-called "Trumpers" answer this question -- they always begin with racist and homophobic slurs...

Slurs that could said freely back when they claim America was great -- slurs that if said back then, wouldn't be considered slurs at all...in fact, you could freely call blacks "nggrs", tell women their place is in the kitchen and call gay people "fags" -- and you can still be looked at as a decent human being by society -- in fact, you can limit the rights of those people you like to throw slurs at so much -- and still be looked at as a decent human being by society...

So this whining about "political correctness" -- is just folks being upset that they cant freely do this to other people anymore and still be seen as a decent human being by society ....and to that I say, so?
Back in the day when the Democrats were always throwing out racist slurs and hanging black people, it took a majority of Republicans to bring the civil rights act of 1964 to pass, yet those Democrats were blocking the doors with dogs and fire hoses. Only today, with PC, do you see Democrats again throwing racial slurs like "Clean and Articulate black guy, or put them back in chains, yet dumbass people let it slide. As for faggots, when you put your dick in another man's ass and call it normal, only mentally ill people think it is normal...
Actually, it was Southerners of both parties doing that

It was Northerners of both parties that stopped them

It's great when we fight wars to win and didn't allow politics to control our military targeting.
It was great when we were the king of trade and other countries didn't take advantage of us. Soon it'll hopefully be that way again.
------------------------------ WAR's whether needed or not needed are a matter of Opinion RWinger .

It’s a campaign slogan. Don’t over think it or over analyze it. The simple explanation is if you’re unhappy with the last 8 years, Trump will be different. Actually Reagan used the slogan too along with “are you better off than you were 4 years ago” in 1980. Since Carter had a horrible 4 years it was pretty effective.

Kennedy used “a time for greatness” in 1960. Did that mean America had never been great before?

Just chill out over the slogan and come up with a winning slogan for the dem nominee in 2020.

Hellary 2020 - “Clinton, United, Noble, True

Mooch Obama- “A Superior Sister”

Grumpy Sanders- “Communism, Real And Plausible”

Creepy Joe- “ Build Up Tomorrow Today

I think those would get their message out.
So in other words, just come up with a slogan that doesn't really mean shit -- because people are easily fooled that way?

Maybe you right......but that doesn't make Americans look all that great if you have such little regard for their intelligence...

Hellary called Trump supporters a basket of deplorable so....

Do you like Kamala Harris? I got a great campaign slogan for her.

Kamala Harris- “With Honor Our Republic Endures”

Imagine a crowd shouting that acronym before her speeches.

there are women, gays, handicapped, children, etc -- who still would oppose your fantasy of America being great in the 1800's, 1920's etc
libtards always bring up the past when it was Democrats who were being racist and women abusers , yet when you approach them on those subjects, they deny, deny, deny that it was Democrats doing such dirty deeds. Libturds are such stupid people.
And idiots like you always pretend to not know the difference between conservative and liberal because they know they were on the wrong side of history then...

And how do I know this? because those same conservatives are on the wrong side of history now, making the same arguments their racist idols were making then....

It’s a campaign slogan. Don’t over think it or over analyze it. The simple explanation is if you’re unhappy with the last 8 years, Trump will be different. Actually Reagan used the slogan too along with “are you better off than you were 4 years ago” in 1980. Since Carter had a horrible 4 years it was pretty effective.

Kennedy used “a time for greatness” in 1960. Did that mean America had never been great before?

Just chill out over the slogan and come up with a winning slogan for the dem nominee in 2020.

Hellary 2020 - “Clinton, United, Noble, True

Mooch Obama- “A Superior Sister”

Grumpy Sanders- “Communism, Real And Plausible”

Creepy Joe- “ Build Up Tomorrow Today

I think those would get their message out.
So in other words, just come up with a slogan that doesn't really mean shit -- because people are easily fooled that way?

Maybe you right......but that doesn't make Americans look all that great if you have such little regard for their intelligence...

Hellary called Trump supporters a basket of deplorable so....

Do you like Kamala Harris? I got a great campaign slogan for her.

Kamala Harris- “With Honor Our Republic Endures”

Imagine a crowd shouting that acronym before her speeches.
I don't like most politicians....

Only folks like you have this need to "like" politicians...I don't....

And idiots like you always pretend to not know the difference between conservative and liberal because they know they were on the wrong side of history then...

And how do I know this? because those same conservatives are on the wrong side of history now, making the same arguments their racist idols were making then....
Ah yes, the infamous liberal switch. Deny, den, deny. Always cant cope with the Democrat lies....

Taking the MAGA slogan and relating it to Jim Crow is giving Trump way too much credit. He doesn’t strike me as the type that thinks that deep. He is an attack dog and he likes playing with people’s emotions.

I think that's the main point. MAGA was never a concept of American greatness; it was meant to target Trump's base's sentiments, and their fear of loss of "greatness". In order to figure out what MAGA meant best look at how it was "understood" (let's be charitable) by Trump's White base in light of the very recent past in 2016.

Remember the irate howls when Michelle proclaimed she was never as proud of America as she was the day her husband was elected President? As a pretty direct rejoinder, Trump's White base elected to MAGA. That invokes two wildly different concepts of greatness - two wildly different concepts of America, really - with the American Birth Defect sitting right in the middle, gloating over the conflagration.

------------------------------ WAR's whether needed or not needed are a matter of Opinion RWinger .
True

But dead bodies are not a matter of opinion

It probably stopped latest around the 60s when we decided to let in endless waves of invaders.

This right here. That's also around the time we started normalizing degeneracy and letting black people get all uppity.
Both of which are good things... ya know... Liberty

Degeneracy is a good thing?
Black and gay rights are good things. I don’t consider them degenerate

Forum List

Back