One More Time....When Was America Great And When Did It Stop?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Eric Holder goes on MAGA attack: 'Exactly when did you think America was great?'

When did America stop being great to where we have to make it "great again"?? I have never got an answer to that question from a Trumper without them first clutching their pearls and falling on their fainting couch in faux outrage. It's a very simple question, if you feel America was great, then you must be able to point to that time period when it was great -- you must also be able to point to the time period when it stopped... Did it stop in the 2008?, was it in the 90's? -- did it stop in the 80's? 1960's?, the 50's? the roaring 20's? when?

From the article: "...Obama-era attorney general Eric Holder posed the question to MAGA-chanting Trump supporters: "Exactly when did you think America was great? -- .....the Democrats took shots at America's past as part of an effort to criticize President Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan."

How is simply asking the question, when was America great? -- how is that "taking shots at America's past -- but claiming America isn't great now isn't taking shots at America's present? What is so wrong with accepting that America was already great and the whole purpose and intent of this country is to always strive to be greater -- Trump could have easily said "Make America Greater"

However, something tells me it wouldn't have the same appeal as "MAGA" -- maybe because the people he was trying to appeal to don't believe in the concept of making America greater for everyone -- they believe in the concept of "RETURNING AMERICA BACK" to something that was only seen as great for a select few of Americans and if it wasn't so great for other Americans, so what, they aren't real Americans anyway -- but if this isn't the case -- then you should be able to tell us.....when was America great to where it needs to be made great again?

I've asked this same question and the answers have been evasive.

The most direct answers I got (and those were few) was prior to the Civil War and the 1950. Both refer to racism. Slavery and Jim Crow.

The more indirect answers referred to Obama. That could indicate a hatred of a black President or a hatred of Democrats in general. Either way it's all pretty ugly

I wouldn’t take the MAGA thing so seriously. It’s a slogan. Trump was running against the Dems and the Dems had held the White house for the past 8 years which he was trying to paint and a scorched earth disaster. Making America Great Again means nothing more than taking power back from the Dems

Taking the MAGA slogan and relating it to Jim Crow is giving Trump way too much credit. He doesn’t strike me as the type that thinks that deep. He is an attack dog and he likes playing with people’s emotions. Trust me, he loves seeing his opponents try to call him racist for the MAGA thing because it only makes them sound overdramatic and irrational. Don’t play his games.

In this age of simplistic hyperbole, we now confuse "great" with "perfect". It could be argued that America has been "great" since the Constitutional Convention.

Trump's "MAGA" inferred that we were no longer great again, and tapped into a growing anxiety of people who saw their country significantly changing.

Before him, it was the Left who listed a litany of things they don't like about America. That list is long, it hasn't changed, and is not difficult to identify.

So I guess this means that, as our narcissistic, self-inflicted divisions continue to increase, we'll continue to go back and forth on the meaning of "great".

i think America was Great up to about the 60s but was also going down hill at that time with constant making of and MORE new laws , rules and regulations at national and local levels . Thats what i remember anyway . Before that and from the 20s [my parents lifetime] up to the 60s early 70s was a Great time in America Biff .

Eric Holder goes on MAGA attack: 'Exactly when did you think America was great?'

When did America stop being great to where we have to make it "great again"?? I have never got an answer to that question from a Trumper without them first clutching their pearls and falling on their fainting couch in faux outrage. It's a very simple question, if you feel America was great, then you must be able to point to that time period when it was great -- you must also be able to point to the time period when it stopped... Did it stop in the 2008?, was it in the 90's? -- did it stop in the 80's? 1960's?, the 50's? the roaring 20's? when?

From the article: "...Obama-era attorney general Eric Holder posed the question to MAGA-chanting Trump supporters: "Exactly when did you think America was great? -- .....the Democrats took shots at America's past as part of an effort to criticize President Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan."

How is simply asking the question, when was America great? -- how is that "taking shots at America's past -- but claiming America isn't great now isn't taking shots at America's present? What is so wrong with accepting that America was already great and the whole purpose and intent of this country is to always strive to be greater -- Trump could have easily said "Make America Greater"

However, something tells me it wouldn't have the same appeal as "MAGA" -- maybe because the people he was trying to appeal to don't believe in the concept of making America greater for everyone -- they believe in the concept of "RETURNING AMERICA BACK" to something that was only seen as great for a select few of Americans and if it wasn't so great for other Americans, so what, they aren't real Americans anyway -- but if this isn't the case -- then you should be able to tell us.....when was America great to where it needs to be made great again?

It was great in 1776 and it never stopped being great.

When did America stop being great to where we have to make it "great again"??
I will gladly show you..

Now we on the right know, that when the 1/2 white faggot from Chicago, promised to fundamentally transform America into a 3rd world nation and almost succeeded, MAGA was the only choice over 4 more years of the queer with the sick bitch who kept falling down, promising more. So Make America Great Again, was the only option, and today, we arent disappointed.

Such people like Dimwitocraps are the stupidest people on this planet..

It probably stopped latest around the 60s when we decided to let in endless waves of invaders.

It probably stopped latest around the 60s when we decided to let in endless waves of invaders.

This right here. That's also around the time we started normalizing degeneracy and letting black people get all uppity.

America was great when the productive people out numbered the welfare queens.

America started to suck when there were enough worthless greedy assholes to have the numbers to vote in Liberals to use the government to steal on their behalf.

America was great up until Obama left office

We used to care about others, were respected around the world and we could be trusted

And how have all these invaders as you call them taken away our greatness?
------------------------------- they change the fabric of American society with their votes and unAmerican thinking and way plus Laws , rules and regulations are made to accomodate them Slade .

Forum List

Back