One in three primary school children think eggs are laid by cows

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
laying-cow-isolated-over-white-46801655.jpg

Of course they do. Why else would eggs be sold in the dairy section?

One in ten youngsters aged six to 11 say they have never tasted a cherry tomato

Three in ten youngsters did not even know that tuna comes from a fish

Another poll from 2017 found one in three thought cheese came from plants

When I stopped laughing, I had to ask myself what the hell is going on with British schools? We complain about our but I wonder when I read something like this.

More @ One in three primary school children think eggs are laid by cows, survey finds | Daily Mail Online

I know kids that have never seen chicken on the bone.....teach your children parents because the schools are not....

I know kids that have never seen chicken on the bone.....teach your children parents because the schools are not....
Years ago, my mother and I visited Sturbridge Village and as we were touring the barn with all the barn equipment hanging on the walls, my mother pointed to something and said "That's a --- I remember us having one of those when I was a girl." There was a little boy in front of us who heard that and turned to look at her with eyes big as saucers--a real live dinosaur pilgrim standing right behind him! His expression was so stunned that it still makes me laugh.

Anyway, I never knew pigs had hair until I was nearly grown--probably 18 anyway--and I had never lived in a city at that point. You don't know this stuff unless you live on a farm and why would you? I think it's cute that the kids guessed eggs come from cows--the dairy section thing makes sense.
LOL

Years ago, my mother and I visited Sturbridge Village and as we were touring the barn with all the barn equipment hanging on the walls, my mother pointed to something and said "That's a --- I remember us having one of those when I was a girl." There was a little boy in front of us who heard that and turned to look at her with eyes big as saucers--a real live dinosaur pilgrim standing right behind him! His expression was so stunned that it still makes me laugh.

Anyway, I never knew pigs had hair until I was nearly grown--probably 18 anyway--and I had never lived in a city at that point. You don't know this stuff unless you live on a farm and why would you? I think it's cute that the kids guessed eggs come from cows--the dairy section thing makes sense.
LOL
That's funny....but OL chicken on a bone freaks kids out today...lol...I guess they think if its not in nugget form it can't be chicken....

Although the female crow is called a quora, people usually call the females crows because the female crows look for the most part like a male crow. Female crows do lay eggs. It's a non-mammal thing.

LOL
That's funny....but OL chicken on a bone freaks kids out today...lol...I guess they think if its not in nugget form it can't be chicken....
I think it's awful that adults don't cook anymore. But I'm a terrific mother-in-law; I keep my mouth shut. There are permanent teeth marks in my tongue from biting it so hard.

LOL
I think it's awful that adults don't cook anymore. But I'm a terrific mother-in-law; I keep my mouth shut. There are permanent teeth marks in my tongue from biting it so hard.
You and me both OL....

When I stopped laughing, I had to ask myself what the hell is going on with British schools? We complain about our but I wonder when I read something like this.

More @ One in three primary school children think eggs are laid by cows, survey finds | Daily Mail Online
I suppose these same children believe that they were brought into this world by a stork.lol

LOL
Your modesty is noted.

Maybe these children could benefit from a few field trips to the local supermarket.
Or take up the fundamentals of grocery shopping 101.

I never said that...I was conversing with Ol lady about today's family structure...you have quoted me out of context....

LOL
I think it's awful that adults don't cook anymore. ...d.

Who says they don’t?

You know, people who live in the city and have never been to the country usually have some pretty strange ideas about where things come from and how they are done.

Me? I grew up in Montana, and didn't know what store bought meat was most of my childhood. When I was living with my Grandparents and my aunt Sandy and uncle Bill (was orphaned at 8, and got shifted around a bit), we got a calf in the spring, and slaughtered it in the fall. We also hunted and venison was a staple. As far as chickens? We raised and slaughtered our own, was also where we got our eggs.

One of the funniest incidents that I can recall was when I went away to boot camp after high school. I changed planes after leaving Montana, and was sitting to a nice older lady. She asked where I was going, and I told her that I was headed to boot camp in Orlando. She asked where I was from, and I told her Montana.

She than asked me if we still had a problem with the Indians still raiding the towns. She also asked if we had indoor plumbing yet, and this was in 1982.

Yep, people in the city have strange views about people in the country.

LOL

:uhh:

Forum List

Back