On Grover Norquist

So Windbag, what kind of conservative are you? Fiscal conservative (like me)? Social conservative (not me)? Neo conservative (not me)? Tea Party conservative (not me)? ) and then there's the idiot fringe (not me) but they dominate in the echo chamber.

So Windbag, what kind of conservative are you? Fiscal conservative (like me)? Social conservative (not me)? Neo conservative (not me)? Tea Party conservative (not me)? ) and then there's the idiot fringe (not me) but they dominate in the echo chamber.

your the idiot fringe San Francisco variety......dont try kidding anyone.....you might have US and that new girl who was here building your ego fooled......but most everyone else......:lol:....yea right.....:lol:......not the fringe......:lol:

The thread is about Grover Norquist. As is the usual case any thread which challenges their dogma is rapidly filled by the echo chamber with silly comments, efforts to divert attention from any substantive debate. Sad isn't it?

fuck you and your dam echo Chamber.....all we hear out of you is that fucking San Francisco Echo Chamber......in every one of your Posts......people like you Wry is the reason this State has gone down the tubes.....THANKS A FUCKING LOT......now go put your fucking Crocks on and go to Starbucks and have a Latte....and if you get the chance....leave the fucking State.....go to Idaho or someplace like that.....im sure they would be glad to see a Rube dressed like you up there.....

I'll be going to Sun Valley later this year. By then you might have sobered up a bit.

holy shit you 'spang' enough to leave the state? man oh man....the sidewalk must be hard on your ass, so I guess you deserve the break....

Tucker Carlson on Grover Norquist:

"Of course there are still apologists on the Right who pose as journalists. You point to Grover Norquist as one of them. You're right, Norquist is a mean-spirited, humorless, dishonest little creep. But in my experience, there aren't many Grovers in positions of prominence on the Right, and virtually none in conservative journalism. Which is why I wrote a piece about him in the first place, because he's an embarrassing anomaly, the leering, drunken uncle everyone else wishes would stay home. Norquist is repulsive, granted, but there aren't nearly enough of him to start a purge trial."

source: Right-Wing Journalism (3) - By Tucker Carlson and David Brock - Slate Magazine

The timely aspect here is this week when Tom Coburn, a conservative's conservative,

basically told Grover Norquist to go fuck himself.

True. But a few briefly brave Republicans challenged Limbaugh in the past, only to recant and kiss his ass the next day.
Coburn may have challenged Norquist to achieve a bit of cover for his connection to the Ensign affair.

They have finnally realised that it would be the death of the republican party if they kept following GNs idiot plan.

Tucker Carlson on Grover Norquist:

"Of course there are still apologists on the Right who pose as journalists. You point to Grover Norquist as one of them. You're right, Norquist is a mean-spirited, humorless, dishonest little creep. But in my experience, there aren't many Grovers in positions of prominence on the Right, and virtually none in conservative journalism. Which is why I wrote a piece about him in the first place, because he's an embarrassing anomaly, the leering, drunken uncle everyone else wishes would stay home. Norquist is repulsive, granted, but there aren't nearly enough of him to start a purge trial."

source: Right-Wing Journalism (3) - By Tucker Carlson and David Brock - Slate Magazine

Tucker Carlson and David Brock are a couple now?

ooh la la :lol:

The timely aspect here is this week when Tom Coburn, a conservative's conservative,

basically told Grover Norquist to go fuck himself.

True. But a few briefly brave Republicans challenged Limbaugh in the past, only to recant and kiss his ass the next day.
Coburn may have challenged Norquist to achieve a bit of cover for his connection to the Ensign affair.

They have finnally realised that it would be the death of the republican party if they kept following GNs idiot plan.

I'm not sure the GOP will survive their shift to the right anyway. Moderate Republicans, those once referred to as Rockefeller Republicans, have been derided as RINO's. The party is no longer the party of Lincoln or even TR, it has become something new and extreme, notwithstanding the (more extreme) New Right's bogus and silly argument that R's & D's are the same.

California, also derided by the New Right, usually leads the nation. Prop 13 was the precursor for the Tea Party movement and before that a populist conservative, Ronald Reagan, was elected Governor. Last November the Democrats swept all Constitutional offices on the state level. 2012 will determine if 2006/2008 national elections were an anomaly or if 2010 was. The extreme rhetoric of the New Right which is now the voice of the GOP offers an opportunity for Democratic success and if the Republicans continue to stay the course set by Norquist a 2006 tsunami is once again possible.

And now the state of Cali will become even more liberal.

The new redistricting will give some new dem seats to the table.

You can pretend Norquist does not run the party biut he did for many years.

The NO tax raising EVER was all his idea and the republican party STILL uses this historially failed idea.

Well untill the other day.

It's always back to ol Grover or McCarthy. Like clockwork.
And...and...and...Karl Rove!...and...and...and...George BOOOOOOSH!...and...and...and...Alger Hiss!...and...and...and...Halliburton!...and...and...and...Big Oil....and...and...and....Dick Cheney running the shadow gubmint in the basement of Wal-Mart!!!!! :tinfoil:

And...and...and...Karl Rove!...and...and...and...George BOOOOOOSH!...and...and...and...Alger Hiss!...and...and...and...Halliburton!...and...and...and...Big Oil....and...and...and....Dick Cheney running the shadow gubmint in the basement of Wal-Mart!!!!! :tinfoil:

I waited tables in the Cheney W-M Führer bunker, dude, the food? cake, allllll day lonnnnng...

Do you try for insipid or does it come naturally?

That's almost insightful.
The Red Scare is once again in vogue and the don't tax and spend like drunken Marines - which the GOP lead Congress and GWB parlayed into the greatest expansion of the Federal Government, is once again back to Norquist and an effort to shrink government so it can be drowned in a bathtub.

I'm not sure the GOP will survive their shift to the right anyway. Moderate Republicans, those once referred to as Rockefeller Republicans, have been derided as RINO's. The party is no longer the party of Lincoln or even TR, it has become something new and extreme, notwithstanding the (more extreme) New Right's bogus and silly argument that R's & D's are the same.

California, also derided by the New Right, usually leads the nation. Prop 13 was the precursor for the Tea Party movement and before that a populist conservative, Ronald Reagan, was elected Governor. Last November the Democrats swept all Constitutional offices on the state level. 2012 will determine if 2006/2008 national elections were an anomaly or if 2010 was. The extreme rhetoric of the New Right which is now the voice of the GOP offers an opportunity for Democratic success and if the Republicans continue to stay the course set by Norquist a 2006 tsunami is once again possible.

The Republicans lost 3 or 4 Senate seats they could have won in 2010 by moving too far to the right.

The Republicans lost 3 or 4 Senate seats they could have won in 2010 by moving too far to the right.

That would be your opinion....they picked up quite a few Senate seats, a massive amount of seats in Congress, and quite a few Governor seats. I would say a job well done by them and it wasn't an accident that it happened.

Isn't it funny how the left's advice for the GOP is always, "Move to the left!" :lol:

We have one Democratic Party. We don't need two.

Holy shit!

(calm down Wry, remember a broken clock is correct once in a while)

Phew, that's true.

Well daveboy after a brief internal debate I must conclude you have finally offered an opinion (while not original, actually something FDR believed and wrote in "Roosevelt's Purge: How FDR Fought to change the Democratic Party") and something on which we can agree (though the concept scares me, but I digress).

Of course then you go ahead and build a straw man.

Yep, two parties, each with clearly defined platforms offering Americans a clear choice. That I support. Sadly, one party today has a hidden agenda, and that party is the Republican Party as it exists today. A party which distrusts the people and therefore democracy; a party which has chosen a different path from the one America has followed for over two centuries; a new path, a path where policies are developed by, for and implemented by the richest Americans.

Last edited:
He is one of the rare people I see on TV who turns my stomach? There is something about him that is sickening. Eric Cantor is another. Sometimes when I turn to cspan channel surfing, if I don't know the person speaking, I guess their party by facial expressions and tone, overall negativity and a saturnine pose are always the republicans.

"Every Wednesday morning, a group of conspirators meets to plot out how to most effectively attack the federal government. This is not a group of rag-tag terrorists – they wear $2,000 suits and occupy powerful positions in society. But their ideas are politically radical and they do pose a real threat to the normal workings of government in the U.S. They are a group of leading conservatives who believe that government is a malevolent force in society and they have a fierce determination to drastically cut it back. They are convinced that the central problem in our country is too much government – too many social programs, too many regulations, and too much taxation – and they are committed to doing something about it." Government is Good - The Anti-Government Campaign

"Corporate propaganda directed outwards, that is, to the public at large, has two main objectives: to identify the free enterprise system in popular consciousness with every cherished value, and to identify interventionist governments and strong unions (the only agencies capable of checking a complete domination of society by corporations) with tyranny, oppression and even subversion. The techniques used to achieve these results are variously called 'public relations', 'corporate communications' and 'economic education'." Alex Carey 'Taking the Risk out of Democracy' [see also Democracy after Citizens United | MIT World ]

Forum List

Back