On Grover Norquist

And now the state of Cali will become even more liberal.

The new redistricting will give some new dem seats to the table.

yea and California will continue to decline because of it.....and just think we have people who think like you and San Francisco Wry to thank for it......we will be forever in your debt....

Isn't it funny how the left's advice for the GOP is always, "Move to the left!" :lol:

We have one Democratic Party. We don't need two.

to be fair Dave....dont the right always tell the Democrats to move to the right?....we also have one Republican Party and dont need two of them......

Yep, two parties, each with clearly defined platforms offering Americans a clear choice. That I support. Sadly, one party today has a hidden agenda, and that party is the Republican Party as it exists today. A party which distrusts the people and therefore democracy; a party which has chosen a different path from the one America has followed for over two centuries; a new path, a path where policies are developed by, for and implemented by the richest Americans.

because the Democrats DONT have a hidden agenda.....which is also controlled by the Rich.....geezus they have you well trained....

But much like all demagogues he lives by platitudes which have little basis in reality but do stir the emotions. Which is a theme I've used regularly to characterize the echo chamber on this message board - those I call idiots when they piss me off. Their 'arguments' or usually parroted phrases of the platitudes and unproven truths offered by Norquist and others on the Right.

i hope you include yourself in that chamber.....because when ever you post we down here in the Southland hear a deafening Echo coming out of the Bay area.....

The Republicans lost 3 or 4 Senate seats they could have won in 2010 by moving too far to the right.

That would be your opinion....they picked up quite a few Senate seats, a massive amount of seats in Congress, and quite a few Governor seats. I would say a job well done by them and it wasn't an accident that it happened.
The GOP will lose some of those governorships, like Florida and Wisconsin, as examples. They went to far right.

and if they have....they deserve to lose them....

Isn't it funny how the left's advice for the GOP is always, "Move to the left!" :lol:

You got it....

which one is the friendly lib?:eusa_whistle:

05-The-Enemy-Within.jpg

The-Enemy-Within-star-trek-the-original-series-16372269-694-530.jpg

is that San Francisco Wry on the top getting "Pissed off" at the Echo Chamber?.....

to be fair Dave....dont the right always tell the Democrats to move to the right?....we also have one Republican Party and dont need two of them......
Very true.

It's ironic that Stuffed Shirt on Wry Bread decries the echo chamber...but that's exactly what he wants. :lol:

I'm not sure the GOP will survive their shift to the right anyway. Moderate Republicans, those once referred to as Rockefeller Republicans, have been derided as RINO's. The party is no longer the party of Lincoln or even TR, it has become something new and extreme, notwithstanding the (more extreme) New Right's bogus and silly argument that R's & D's are the same.

California, also derided by the New Right, usually leads the nation. Prop 13 was the precursor for the Tea Party movement and before that a populist conservative, Ronald Reagan, was elected Governor. Last November the Democrats swept all Constitutional offices on the state level. 2012 will determine if 2006/2008 national elections were an anomaly or if 2010 was. The extreme rhetoric of the New Right which is now the voice of the GOP offers an opportunity for Democratic success and if the Republicans continue to stay the course set by Norquist a 2006 tsunami is once again possible.

The Republicans lost 3 or 4 Senate seats they could have won in 2010 by moving too far to the right.

That would be your opinion....they picked up quite a few Senate seats, a massive amount of seats in Congress, and quite a few Governor seats. I would say a job well done by them and it wasn't an accident that it happened.

It happened because 1) that's what happens in midterms and 2) because the economy didn't pick up.

It happened because 1) that's what happens in midterms and 2) because the economy didn't pick up.
Then they did what they do best. After promising jobs, they spent the time so far figuring out how to screw the old and infirm, and giving it to the rich.
Then there were the attacks on women's health care and talk of abortion.

Then they did what they do best. After promising jobs, they spent the time so far figuring out how to screw the old and infirm, and giving it to the rich.

but Jerry Brown doing the same thing doesnt matter....

If I didn't know what a partisan you are I would put this comment down as one of the more ignorant I've read - and spending time on this message board where ignorance is commonplace that says alot.

But maybe I've judged you too soon or unfairly, I suppose you might have some evidence for your opinon on Gov. Browns attack on women's health, the aged and infirm. Please share it and I'll offer a humble and sincere mea culpa.

Last edited:

If I didn't know what a partisan you are I would put this comment down as one of the more ignorant I've read - and spending time on this message board where ignorance is commonplace that says alot.

But maybe I've judged you too soon or unfairly, I suppose you might have some evidence for your opinon on Gov. Browns attack on women's health, the aged and infirm. Please share it and I'll offer a humble and sincere mea culpa.

geezus you live in this State and your news up there did not show this stuff?....

http://www.hhsnetworkca.org/2011/02/18/disabled-fight-jerry-browns-budget/

Santa Maria adult care center hopes to survive budget cuts

State budget cuts hit close to home - San Bernardino County Sun

Santa Cruz adult health day care centers threatened by Medi-Cal cuts - San Jose Mercury News

Jerry Brown Budget Cuts | California budget: Gov. Jerry Brown approves cuts to services for poor, sick and elderly - Los Angeles Times

he could have stood up for these people and refused to cut things for them.....just left things for them as they are.....but he did not.....we the healthy can take a hit here or there.....these people have a hard enough time as it is.....

geezus you live in this State and your news up there did not show this stuff?....

Disabled Fight Jerry Brown’s Budget | HHS Network CA

Santa Cruz adult health day care centers threatened by Medi-Cal cuts - San Jose Mercury News

Jerry Brown Budget Cuts | California budget: Gov. Jerry Brown approves cuts to services for poor, sick and elderly - Los Angeles Times

he could have stood up for these people and refused to cut things for them.....just left things for them as they are.....but he did not.....we the healthy can take a hit here or there.....these people have a hard enough time as it is.....
Humble and sincere mea culpa in 5...4...3...2...never. :lol:

What has Grover Norquist done to deserve the Two Minute Hate?

Holy shit.

Really?

He wants to defund the United States Government.

I've been following this guy for years.

He also wants gays to have civil rights, which would be a lot easier of the federal government did not pass laws about marriage. Imagine that, a man with principles and consistency.

"We're going to crush labor as a political entity"
Grover Norquist

:lol:

a) bush had a boffo 1st midterm....and obama told them all, "hey you got me"!!!

b) oh gee is that why? the economy blew? yea no kidding, and?

It's always back to ol Grover or McCarthy. Like clockwork.

That's almost insightful.
The Red Scare is once again in vogue and the don't tax and spend like drunken Marines - which the GOP lead Congress and GWB parlayed into the greatest expansion of the Federal Government, is once again back to Norquist and an effort to shrink government so it can be drowned in a bathtub.

No, FDR still leads in the government expansion/social engineering/social program dept. I very seriously doubt he will ever be taken over.

Disabled Fight Jerry Brown’s Budget | HHS Network CA

It's father's day, I was out with the family, a BBQ in Sonoma, so this is my first opportunity to respond. Suggesting Gov. Brown is callous like the New Right is way disingenuous; Brown needs to cut across the board because the Republican caucus has witheld support for putting to the voters a plan to continue taxes passed three years ago. The cuts you've highlighted are but a sample of what will be cut if the Repulican caucus continues to a act irresponsibly.

In effect he is allowing the people of CA & across the nation to see the consequences of the GOP and Tea Party's plan to 'fix' in one year a problem created over decades. If the GOP leadership in Congress pursues such a plan the consequences will assure the GOP's place as a once great party which overreached and disappeared as a major player in American politics. That is not good for America, I hope saner minds than those we saw at last monday's debate prevail.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back