On Grover Norquist

Grover Norquist is where Republicans go to subordinate their oath of office to an oath to a lobbyist.

Wow! Interesting thought. I've never thought about it in quite that way.

It was nice to see him in the news yesterday as he tried to exert his force in the Senate and it looks like a loss for him, even though that's what it looked like to me. LOL

I found this article interesting.

Frustrated deficit hawk rips Norquist - TheHill.com

Thanks for trying to keep the discussion on a fairly intelligent level and thanks for the links.

What I just cannot understand is how Norquist got so much power that every GOP member in congress signed a vow put out by his organization. I just find that baffling.

I also find it baffling that whenever asked what programs the right would like to see abolished nobody comes up with very much. I noticed that Bachmann said she would abolish the EPA if given the chance and frankly that leave me shaking my head when I think about E Coli and lead on toys and comtaminated dog food. Are Americans going to be on their own when buying from overseas? I just don't get it.

Thank you. I too fail to get it. People like Rabbi and Daveman offer nothing but platitudes of unproven center-right dogma and a plethora of ad hominem attacks.

I should add the joy of this message board for me is to know many more read the posts then respond. The usual extreme partisans always comment and never with substance, I hope and suspect othersread and think for a wide range of opinions is necessary in our society and culture. Only extremists hope for one size fits all. The RW abhore China, but seem to want our our country to have a cultural revolution as did China in 1965. Reactionary leaders always point to the good old days.

I dropped by here the other day and it was like reading a middle school bathroom wall with all the name calling. If the point of that is to drive people away they sure succeeded with me that night. So it was especially nice to read your post first thing today. I just don't bother to read the other posts, there's certainly nothing very intelligent about them.

When I post at message boards I always hope that I catch the eye of a lurker and make them think. Thinking is very much underrated by the right. So I really do know what you mean. That is also why I try and be polite. Let the other side be rude, it just shows the kind of people they are.

And one other thing, I love sharing what I read with other folks and I always appreciate it when they take the time to post interesting links. So you can expect to see links from me and I'll look forward to your good posts too. :razz:

gay_thread.jpg

Thanks for trying to keep the discussion on a fairly intelligent level and thanks for the links.

What I just cannot understand is how Norquist got so much power that every GOP member in congress signed a vow put out by his organization. I just find that baffling.

I also find it baffling that whenever asked what programs the right would like to see abolished nobody comes up with very much. I noticed that Bachmann said she would abolish the EPA if given the chance and frankly that leave me shaking my head when I think about E Coli and lead on toys and comtaminated dog food. Are Americans going to be on their own when buying from overseas? I just don't get it.

There are layers to the government that overlap other layers, nothing will be lost, only less people fulfilling the job. That IS the problem with our balooned government.

So what you're saying is that you believe that if the federal gubmint doesn't tend to those matters, nobody will....Right?

That's exactly what they think. No one will fund arts. No one will fund medical care. No one will provide food or housing or clothing. All charity will cease. Never mind the FedGov is the most inefficient provider of all these things, frequently resulting in the opposite of whatever they want done.

They forget that public libraries and museums were funded long before the government stepped in.

Thank you. I too fail to get it. People like Rabbi and Daveman offer nothing but platitudes of unproven center-right dogma and a plethora of ad hominem attacks.

I should add the joy of this message board for me is to know many more read the posts then respond. The usual extreme partisans always comment and never with substance, I hope and suspect othersread and think for a wide range of opinions is necessary in our society and culture. Only extremists hope for one size fits all. The RW abhore China, but seem to want our our country to have a cultural revolution as did China in 1965. Reactionary leaders always point to the good old days.

I dropped by here the other day and it was like reading a middle school bathroom wall with all the name calling. If the point of that is to drive people away they sure succeeded with me that night. So it was especially nice to read your post first thing today. I just don't bother to read the other posts, there's certainly nothing very intelligent about them.

When I post at message boards I always hope that I catch the eye of a lurker and make them think. Thinking is very much underrated by the right. So I really do know what you mean. That is also why I try and be polite. Let the other side be rude, it just shows the kind of people they are.

And one other thing, I love sharing what I read with other folks and I always appreciate it when they take the time to post interesting links. So you can expect to see links from me and I'll look forward to your good posts too. :razz:

If that is the way you think you should go back to lurking. The people who really think understand that everyone can occasionally be stupid and blind, and look for that blindness in themselves. Everyone else just assumes the other side is always stupid.

By labeling the right as the side that does not think you actually out yourself.

Let check in with AutoRantic Virtual Moonbat...

GROVER NORQUIST is REVOLTING! Fiscal CONSERVATISM, INDEED!!!! Since 1992, THOUSANDS of SHIITE baby SEALS HAVE BEEN FUSTIGATED IN Cuba!! As a DISABLED HOMOSEXUAL, OF course I am SOPHISTIC!! If YOU aren't FRENCH ABOUT the lies of THIS Boy KING, then really YOU ARE a RECHIMPLICKER!!!!! What ABOUT DESALINIZATION and EMBRYONIC RESEARCH for THE 28,127 INSURGENT bunny RABBITS WHO are ROBBED in BROOKLYN every single DAY by our EMPEROR AND his ARMY of CRIMINAL CHAMBERMAIDS!!!!!!?

My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub.
Grover Norquist

Read more: Grover Norquist Quotes - BrainyQuote

Discuss
Sacrilege! Heresy! Outcast unclean! Burn the witch! :eek:

Right, Wry?

Please go away dave, you never have anything to contribute and you are a bore.

You really are a little sissy bedwetter, aren't you?

Man up, pansy. You don't like what I say, you can scroll past it or put me on ignore. But like a typical lazy shit leftist, you expect other people to do your work for you.

Ain't happening, Skippy. You'll just have to suck it up.

:lol: This is how you see yourself, isn't it?

28m1enb.jpg

Grover Norquist is where Republicans go to subordinate their oath of office to an oath to a lobbyist.

Wow! Interesting thought. I've never thought about it in quite that way.

It was nice to see him in the news yesterday as he tried to exert his force in the Senate and it looks like a loss for him, even though that's what it looked like to me. LOL

I found this article interesting.

Frustrated deficit hawk rips Norquist - TheHill.com

Credit to Lawrence O'Donnell on the Last Word for framing the oath thing that way.

I think Wry's wearing women's socks. :lol:

so is Soros....

And that minimizes the danger Grover poses to America?
This thread was about Grover.

The thread is about Grover Norquist. As is the usual case any thread which challenges their dogma is rapidly filled by the echo chamber with silly comments, efforts to divert attention from any substantive debate. Sad isn't it?
Quite. I say, what is the world coming to, old bean? How DARE these peasants question their betters! Oh, I DO so miss the days when you could thrash a man with your cane for impertinence!
28m1enb.jpg

Forum List

Back