Olympic viewership is way down because the circus is dead.

Not possible, I am old, so apparently I hate fags according to your recent post. Guess you need to pick a point and stick with it. Oh, and I have a key to that closet, don't make me lock it.

A lot of fags hate fags because they are a fag.

Of course, I'm only relating this to a curling context, a fucking AWESOME sport!

Its bowling on ice, bowling is not a sport either.

264.jpg

I was thinking about the poor showing at the Olympics earlier today. My thought was fewer young Americans seem to have the drive to stick with something hard for a long time. Hence we have fewer quality athletes to send. Contrast that with South Korea hiring foreign coaches to bring them into competition and we got what we saw.

That, or all TV ratings are down.

I report, you decide.

Even the American Olympic Committee knows we under performed. They estimated 25 to 37 medals this time out, we got 23. Worse yet, we invented the snow board.

Not possible, I am old, so apparently I hate fags according to your recent post. Guess you need to pick a point and stick with it. Oh, and I have a key to that closet, don't make me lock it.

Of course, I'm only relating this to a curling context, a fucking AWESOME sport!

Cornhole on ice without the beer

I envision the birth of curling to be in a closed Canadian bowling alley parking lot with a bunch of large river rocks as the curbs....

...beer was a contributing factor.

Cornhole on ice without the beer

Not possible, Canadians invented it, there had to be beer.

`
The Olympics have gone the way of (so called) professional sports in the US. Am entertainment venue. This year, it's also become a platform for politics. I see Ivanka trump is in Pyeongchang for daddy. Nobody really cares she is. What a sham.
`

The long blurred line between acrobats doing tricks and athletes competing in actual events has produced another disappointing Winter Olympics with viewership way down. In 1924 figure Skating became a permanent sport in the Olympics but because it involves acrobats doing tricks on skates it requires panels of judges holding up scores.

Unlike real sports where a winner can be determined by the fastest, the strongest or the better trained, figure skating is more like show business where opinion and popularity ultimately decide a winner. Four guys hurtling down a hill in a bobsled only have to get to the bottom the fastest. No one cares if they are cute or wear costumes with rhinestones.

The winter Olympics has also been invaded by a lot of other phony sports involving what used to called “hot dog skiing” where acrobats on skis flip around doing tricks after they have launched themselves from fake hills and then get a score. Snowboards do the same thing.

Watching people do tricks is not the same as real athletes competing in real events and the 1924 decision to allow judged events in the Olympics has metastasized into state of affairs that lowers both the summer and winter Olympics to the level of a circus sideshow that detracts from genuine athletic competition.

The people are growing tired of the plebeian cheapness of judged events in the Olympics which is probably why so few are still watching. PT Barnum had his day and that day is gone. The only thing missing in the modern Olympics are the midgets and clowns.

Advertisers love the bogus events because they can make millions selling equipment and gear to people who dream of the spotlight but when no one is watching the spotlight will soon be a flashlight. The Olympics are not the old Ed Sullivan Show where performers ran across the stage spinning plates on the ends of poles.

In order to save the summer and winter Olympics all events that require judges holding up scores should be immediately jettisoned. That includes gymnastics in the summer Olympics which is the sad equivalent of figure skating.

If the falsified Hollywood mentality of the Olympics continues much longer fewer and fewer real athletes will want to take part because the games will just be mockery of what they were supposed to be.

The circus is dead for a reason.

Yet the three highest sports for viewers were all judged sports.

Personally I enjoyed the heck out of the Olympics this time, even with NBC sucking even more than normal.

I love curling, the strategy involved is so much fun to watch. I had never watched the biathlon much in years past, and it was fascinating to watch. My wife is a big fan of figure skating and I liked the speed skating, so there were some fights over the remote from time to time.

The worst moment by NBC was the women's' downhill. Vonn's big rival ran 5th and Vonn was 7th down the hill. After the 5 racer (can't recall her name) went NBC spent the next two minutes showing Vonn in the starting block and never once showed the 6th skier.

.....of all the things to get worked up about...........

I'm sure Ray must be quite the athlete, himself, eh? I mean, to devote not just one but two different threads dissing them and all.

Perhaps he can do us all a solid and post some videos of his incredible prowess.

`
The Olympics have gone the way of (so called) professional sports in the US. Am entertainment venue. This year, it's also become a platform for politics. I see Ivanka trump is in Pyeongchang for daddy. Nobody really cares she is. What a sham.
`

Amazing that in our country today "President's daughter" is a fucking job description. It is insulting to the rest of the world to send her to the closing.

`
`

Amazing that in our country today "President's daughter" is a fucking job description. It is insulting to the rest of the world to send her to the closing.

You probably peed your pants when Kim Jong Un's sister was there.

The American Olympic committee decided to scrap merit and ability in favor of making the teams darker and gayer. We ended up with teams of losers that no one cares about. Then, these losers got politically correct and even fewer people wanted to hear from them.

Too bad. So sad. Next time shut up and dribble.
Not to mention this Olympics was filled with a bunch of Prina Dona sore losers.

Nothing to admire there. Bunch of cry babies.

The long blurred line between acrobats doing tricks and athletes competing in actual events has produced another disappointing Winter Olympics with viewership way down. In 1924 figure Skating became a permanent sport in the Olympics but because it involves acrobats doing tricks on skates it requires panels of judges holding up scores.

Unlike real sports where a winner can be determined by the fastest, the strongest or the better trained, figure skating is more like show business where opinion and popularity ultimately decide a winner. Four guys hurtling down a hill in a bobsled only have to get to the bottom the fastest. No one cares if they are cute or wear costumes with rhinestones.

The winter Olympics has also been invaded by a lot of other phony sports involving what used to called “hot dog skiing” where acrobats on skis flip around doing tricks after they have launched themselves from fake hills and then get a score. Snowboards do the same thing.

Watching people do tricks is not the same as real athletes competing in real events and the 1924 decision to allow judged events in the Olympics has metastasized into state of affairs that lowers both the summer and winter Olympics to the level of a circus sideshow that detracts from genuine athletic competition.

The people are growing tired of the plebeian cheapness of judged events in the Olympics which is probably why so few are still watching. PT Barnum had his day and that day is gone. The only thing missing in the modern Olympics are the midgets and clowns.

Advertisers love the bogus events because they can make millions selling equipment and gear to people who dream of the spotlight but when no one is watching the spotlight will soon be a flashlight. The Olympics are not the old Ed Sullivan Show where performers ran across the stage spinning plates on the ends of poles.

In order to save the summer and winter Olympics all events that require judges holding up scores should be immediately jettisoned. That includes gymnastics in the summer Olympics which is the sad equivalent of figure skating.

If the falsified Hollywood mentality of the Olympics continues much longer fewer and fewer real athletes will want to take part because the games will just be mockery of what they were supposed to be.

Personally I enjoyed the heck out of the Olympics this time, even with NBC sucking even more than normal.

I love curling, the strategy involved is so much fun to watch. I had never watched the biathlon much in years past, and it was fascinating to watch. My wife is a big fan of figure skating and I liked the speed skating, so there were some fights over the remote from time to time.

The worst moment by NBC was the women's' downhill. Vonn's big rival ran 5th and Vonn was 7th down the hill. After the 5 racer (can't recall her name) went NBC spent the next two minutes showing Vonn in the starting block and never once showed the 6th skier.

I hope they come up with a summer version of curling. Let's see what could be more exciting than watching people clean the ice? Hey maybe we could them sand a floor!

I hope they come up with a summer version of curling. Let's see what could be more exciting than watching people clean the ice? Hey maybe we could them sand a floor!

Curling is sort of like baseball...and as the meme goes...

B8zxXvGCQAAmWXs.png

Forum List

Back