Olympic viewership is way down because the circus is dead.

It’s the white people olympics . A bunch of sports no one has ever done and a bunch of “athletes” who’s greatest natural talent is growing up near a mountain .
WTF

Why do so many of you tools see everything through racial lenses?

Just pointing out facts . It’s mostly a bunch of sports that you find in colder, whiter parts of the world .

It’s the white people olympics . A bunch of sports no one has ever done and a bunch of “athletes” who’s greatest natural talent is growing up near a mountain .
WTF

Why do so many of you tools see everything through racial lenses?

Just pointing out facts . It’s mostly a bunch of sports that you find in colder, whiter parts of the world .
The only thing you pointed out is that you are a race baiting pos.

So the cons hate winter Olympics too LOL.
So far they boycotting:
NFL
Movies
Tv
Newspapers
Books
NBA
Music
The pope
Mexican food
Etc....

Sucks to be a con.

Last edited:
OCCASIONALLY, just occasionally, there is JUSTICE in the Olympics.

Greg

I was thinking about the poor showing at the Olympics earlier today. My thought was fewer young Americans seem to have the drive to stick with something hard for a long time. Hence we have fewer quality athletes to send. Contrast that with South Korea hiring foreign coaches to bring them into competition and we got what we saw.

That, or all TV ratings are down.

I report, you decide.

certainly, the 14 hour time difference had no effect

it's because the teams are darker and gayer

who doesn't remember the extremely macho figureskaters of the past?

dick button, brian boitano

men's men all

Winter Olympics are never as exciting as the Summer Olympics in my opinion I did get to see the replay of the women's gold medal hockey game between the U.S. and Canada today that was very good.

The long blurred line between acrobats doing tricks and athletes competing in actual events has produced another disappointing Winter Olympics with viewership way down. In 1924 figure Skating became a permanent sport in the Olympics but because it involves acrobats doing tricks on skates it requires panels of judges holding up scores.

Unlike real sports where a winner can be determined by the fastest, the strongest or the better trained, figure skating is more like show business where opinion and popularity ultimately decide a winner. Four guys hurtling down a hill in a bobsled only have to get to the bottom the fastest. No one cares if they are cute or wear costumes with rhinestones.

The winter Olympics has also been invaded by a lot of other phony sports involving what used to called “hot dog skiing” where acrobats on skis flip around doing tricks after they have launched themselves from fake hills and then get a score. Snowboards do the same thing.

Watching people do tricks is not the same as real athletes competing in real events and the 1924 decision to allow judged events in the Olympics has metastasized into state of affairs that lowers both the summer and winter Olympics to the level of a circus sideshow that detracts from genuine athletic competition.

The people are growing tired of the plebeian cheapness of judged events in the Olympics which is probably why so few are still watching. PT Barnum had his day and that day is gone. The only thing missing in the modern Olympics are the midgets and clowns.

Advertisers love the bogus events because they can make millions selling equipment and gear to people who dream of the spotlight but when no one is watching the spotlight will soon be a flashlight. The Olympics are not the old Ed Sullivan Show where performers ran across the stage spinning plates on the ends of poles.

In order to save the summer and winter Olympics all events that require judges holding up scores should be immediately jettisoned. That includes gymnastics in the summer Olympics which is the sad equivalent of figure skating.

If the falsified Hollywood mentality of the Olympics continues much longer fewer and fewer real athletes will want to take part because the games will just be mockery of what they were supposed to be.

The circus is dead for a reason.
I thought it was because its boring seeing snow and ice?

I enjoyed the hell out of the events I watched and as always the Opening and Closing Ceremonies are spectacular displays that aren't seen anywhere else. I look forward to Tokyo 2020.

upload_2018-2-25_19-11-27.jpeg

The long blurred line between acrobats doing tricks and athletes competing in actual events has produced another disappointing Winter Olympics with viewership way down. In 1924 figure Skating became a permanent sport in the Olympics but because it involves acrobats doing tricks on skates it requires panels of judges holding up scores.

Unlike real sports where a winner can be determined by the fastest, the strongest or the better trained, figure skating is more like show business where opinion and popularity ultimately decide a winner. Four guys hurtling down a hill in a bobsled only have to get to the bottom the fastest. No one cares if they are cute or wear costumes with rhinestones.

The winter Olympics has also been invaded by a lot of other phony sports involving what used to called “hot dog skiing” where acrobats on skis flip around doing tricks after they have launched themselves from fake hills and then get a score. Snowboards do the same thing.

Watching people do tricks is not the same as real athletes competing in real events and the 1924 decision to allow judged events in the Olympics has metastasized into state of affairs that lowers both the summer and winter Olympics to the level of a circus sideshow that detracts from genuine athletic competition.

The people are growing tired of the plebeian cheapness of judged events in the Olympics which is probably why so few are still watching. PT Barnum had his day and that day is gone. The only thing missing in the modern Olympics are the midgets and clowns.

Advertisers love the bogus events because they can make millions selling equipment and gear to people who dream of the spotlight but when no one is watching the spotlight will soon be a flashlight. The Olympics are not the old Ed Sullivan Show where performers ran across the stage spinning plates on the ends of poles.

In order to save the summer and winter Olympics all events that require judges holding up scores should be immediately jettisoned. That includes gymnastics in the summer Olympics which is the sad equivalent of figure skating.

If the falsified Hollywood mentality of the Olympics continues much longer fewer and fewer real athletes will want to take part because the games will just be mockery of what they were supposed to be.

Oldest Olympic sport is possibly wrestling or a form of boxing. BOTH require judges. Judges are NOT the "circus" issue. THAT is the addition of "sports" with no long standing tradition. Or sports that are over-commercialized already.. Networks cover the ice hockey, basketball, volleyball events. When really folks are there for the traditional Olympic sports. You can see BETTER examples of the rest all year every year..

IOC approves five new sports for Olympic Games Tokyo 2020

Why the hell would any American care about the Olympic Games at this point? It started with a black guy claiming a coin flip to carry the flag was racist. Then we had a couple homos say they wouldn’t visit the White House. Then we had the media claim how great Woah Fats sister is and how she really showed up Pence. We even had the Russians doping up their fucking curling team. It’s fucking curling!

I don’t think I need to watch this train wreck of left wing shit.
Then there were the cry baby Canadians that removed their silver medals because they didn't get the gold and the cry baby American's that wouldn't even show up to compete because they couldn't win.

And we are supposed to watch and support these assholes? I think not.

America mailed in this Olympics and there were no stars

I think the lower viewing in the US is because you’re not winning many medals. Americans aren’t interested in events they’re not winning.

Here in Canada we had a record haul of medals. I’ve been glued to the TV for the past two weeks. But I have a few friends competing on the Canadian team with serious medal prospects so I had more interest than usual.

It’s been an incredible two weeks. Best Olympics ever.

I think the lower viewing in the US is because you’re not winning many medals. Americans aren’t interested in events they’re not winning.

Here in Canada we had a record haul of medals. I’ve been glued to the TV for the past two weeks. But I have a few friends competing on the Canadian team with serious medal prospects so I had more interest than usual.

I think part of it is that the use has set record warmth across the country these past two weeks. Who wants to watch snow events when it is 80 degrees in February?

I was thinking about the poor showing at the Olympics earlier today. My thought was fewer young Americans seem to have the drive to stick with something hard for a long time. Hence we have fewer quality athletes to send. Contrast that with South Korea hiring foreign coaches to bring them into competition and we got what we saw.

That, or all TV ratings are down.

I report, you decide.

men's men all
Way back when ability meant more than butt fucking.

men's men all

Way back when ability meant more than butt fucking.

Brian Boitano is openly gay. Dick Button is closeted.

Not all male figure skaters are gay, but many of the male singles skaters are.

Last edited:

I think part of it is that the use has set record warmth across the country these past two weeks. Who wants to watch snow events when it is 80 degrees in February?

lol. Here 80oF in February is a cold snap!!

Greg

You are by far and away the best poster on this forum, you are certainly my favorite

Forum List

Back