Old, White people Protest

now have the stores listed...closed...i know the local circuit city in johnson city tn has began to liquidate...but i dont know about any of the rest of them...what i see closing are small stores..gifts shops and home decor...a store runs an ad here...simply says..."we need customers" with name and address...i know home depot raised their interest rates to some huge amount like 27%...or so...(the exact figure may not be right)
but it was a huge jump...so they have set themselves back by doing that. i assume they did it to everyone...as i am in good standing with them.

Capital One did the same. Jacked their interest rate up to around 18%.

"Here's your reward for being a good, responsible customer -- you get to pay for those that are not.":eusa_eh:

You're not paying for those who did not pay, Gunny.

Your'e being asked to pay that outrageous amount because they CAN ASK, and because enough people are desperate enough to pay it.

Think about it...these banks are lending you money they do not have.

How then can you imagine that you're being asked to pay for the deadbeats?

THEY are freaking parasites feasting off our economy, Guns.

ASKED to pay? I got a notice stating that my interest rate had almost DOUBLED; they didn't ask me if I wanted to increase my interest rate.

They got a phone call telling them to close my account and shove their interest rates up their collective asses.

"Here's your reward for being a good, responsible customer -- you get to pay for those that are not.":eusa_eh:

Yup. I had a Capital One business credit card for over twenty years. Never missed a payment in all that time. Just got a thing in mail that said they were raising my interest rate from the 10.9% it's been for decades to 18% something PLUS the subprime rate. Called them yesterday and asked them to put it back to what it was. They said no. I said stick your mother fucking card where the sun don't shine, close it, I'm done.

Clark Howard says to never close an account, it gives you a negative on your credit score. just tuck the card away and never ever use it.. ever..
My mother told me the exact same thing yesterday when I told her I'd just closed my Capitol One business card. Too late though. They pissed me off. I have four other credit cards that haven't jacked my interest rate up.

You're not paying for those who did not pay, Gunny.

Your'e being asked to pay that outrageous amount because they CAN ASK, and because enough people are desperate enough to pay it.

Think about it...these banks are lending you money they do not have.

How then can you imagine that you're being asked to pay for the deadbeats?

THEY are freaking parasites feasting off our economy, Guns.

ASKED to pay? I got a notice stating that my interest rate had almost DOUBLED; they didn't ask me if I wanted to increase my interest rate.

They got a phone call telling them to close my account and shove their interest rates up their collective asses.

Can't blame you for that.

Credit cards are an insidious cancer on the American economy.

good to see everyone finally agreeing that liberals were right.

I can remember the days, not too long ago, when libs were screaming about the scale and scope of predatory lending practices....that it needed to be regulated and reigned in....that was in the days when rightwingers laughed off the scale of predatory lending, and said markets should be deregulated and sort themsleves out.

I can remember the days, not too long ago, when libs were screaming about the scale and scope of predatory lending practices....that it needed to be regulated and reigned in....that was in the days when rightwingers laughed off the scale of predatory lending, and said markets should be deregulated and sort themsleves out.
And now they say the same thing...the banks should sort themselves out. It'd be funny if it weren't such a mess.

Must be why when asked several times by Bush and McCain to regulate it better, the Democrats in Washington said "NO, don't need to.. everything is fine.".

Likely back in the day when the interest rate you paid was based on YOUR payment history, and level of responsibility; not everyone elses.

If I'M not paying late, then why should MY interest rate be raised?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/70499-old-white-people-protest.html#post1069775
Those "Old White People" are called "taxpayers". You should be more respectful of those who will finance your Liberal Utopian Dreams. .

then what were they protesting? Nobody who earns less that a quarter million dollars a year is being asked to finance liberal dreams.

President Obama said he will institute a carbon tax. A major cost of living for elderly is the cost of energy heating their homes. This will be direct tax increase against those who need to heat their homes.

President Obama said that medicare medicaid and medicare-advantage are paying too much for "procedures" and those need to be cut back. That means that some life saving procedures will not be available. This may not matter to some of you in your thirties and fourties now, but how about your parents, or you in 20 years when this really kicks in...that's a tax increase

You might end up with a few bucks in CD's 20 years from now that have lost value from the massive inflation which is sure to come. I know that for my part what I was able to save and had hoped to stretch out over a decade or decade and a half probably won't last. That's a tax increase.

These folks in the protest are looking ahead and see clearly a form of taxation that will detract from their future standard of living, or maybe even mean they will have to get some help from their children.

For people over 50 take a look at the frequency of heart attacks, cancer of all types, diabetes treatments, hip and knee replacements for people trying to remain mobile. Go visit a nursing home one afternoon, and ask for a guided tour of the lunchroom/assembly area. Those populations will swell if people are less able to look after themselves. But one side of the argument may see a case for euthanasia, and not see that as the ultimate tax.

Yup. I had a Capital One business credit card for over twenty years. Never missed a payment in all that time. Just got a thing in mail that said they were raising my interest rate from the 10.9% it's been for decades to 18% something PLUS the subprime rate. Called them yesterday and asked them to put it back to what it was. They said no. I said stick your mother fucking card where the sun don't shine, close it, I'm done.

Clark Howard says to never close an account, it gives you a negative on your credit score. just tuck the card away and never ever use it.. ever..
then they start charging you a user fee

And now they say the same thing...the banks should sort themselves out. It'd be funny if it weren't such a mess.
no, we say they shouldnt be getting tax payer money
you are too much of a moron to understand that simple concept

yes i noticed the dem pres house and senate all came together and fixed this just the other day......

then they start charging you a user fee

Right.. A user fee for not using your card. Go figure.

Those "Old White People" are called "taxpayers". You should be more respectful of those who will finance your Liberal Utopian Dreams. I hope the Tea Parties they organized are a great success and they spread nation wide.

Do a little research and find out why the Democrats lost control in 1994.

Joe the Plumber is a taxpayer? What a fucking joke he is and everyone who supports him(like the 5 people who came to his book signing):clap2::clap2:

Those "Old White People" are called "taxpayers". You should be more respectful of those who will finance your Liberal Utopian Dreams. I hope the Tea Parties they organized are a great success and they spread nation wide.

Joe the Plumber is a taxpayer? What a fucking joke he is and everyone who supports him(like the 5 people who came to his book signing):clap2::clap2:
you are so fucking partisan you didn't even understand that the taxes he owed were from the CURRENT year, he was NOT delinquent

Like you care about tax dodgers what a laugh....

now have the stores listed...closed...i know the local circuit city in johnson city tn has began to liquidate...but i dont know about any of the rest of them...what i see closing are small stores..gifts shops and home decor...a store runs an ad here...simply says..."we need customers" with name and address...i know home depot raised their interest rates to some huge amount like 27%...or so...(the exact figure may not be right)
but it was a huge jump...so they have set themselves back by doing that. i assume they did it to everyone...as i am in good standing with them.

:clap2:

WillowTree said:
Who cares anymore? The FICO score system is just one big fucking game.....the bankers and credit companies make up their rules to suit them while you get to dither over stupid points that they give and take at their discretion per rules they never completely disclose....then they play their own crazy banking games...fuck them....just leave me with my land and gold....and a gun to shoot the Revenooers...

:guns: (why did they eliminate all the gun smilies ?)

If that is what you got out of this thread, you must see a different forum from almost everyone else.

Libs, screamimg about predatory lending practices??? Hell, they were leading the way.

Libs, screamimg about predatory lending practices??? Hell, they were leading the way.

You're right. conservatives have, for years, been on the forefront of advocating for consumer protections, and against predatory lending pratices that rape working people for the benefit of corportions.

Liberals were against consumer protections..... and it was the conservatives leading the way on anti-predatory lending laws.

I'm glad you set me straight that it is the conservatives who are the ideology that advocates consumer protections.

:lol:

Forum List

Back