Old cartoon predicts the future

I found this pretty interesting. I found it while browsing. It is an old cartoon that predicts the future of our politics, freedom, etc. Very prophetic. Maybe they should show this cartoon in school. Check it out!

A bunch of white people made a cartoon demonizing brown people. How times have changed. :rolleyes:

If you had actually watched it, the snake oil salesman is dark and the ones standing around him are white. :laugh:

I did watch it. And your post is confirming what I said happened.

Huh?

Dear bear513 there is both the literal content and meaning
and the media presentation, where Oldschool noticed a bias in visual imagery.

In old days of storytelling, darker figures meant the darker forces of deception competing to steer people off course.

But in today's media-oriented world, darker skin is taken literally to represent Latino or Black (or Middle Eastern).
So it's taken as a stereotype "forcing negative associations" with dark skin "minority" Latino or Black or other "nonwhite."

Yes this is unintended and a distraction from the real meaning and content of the cartoon.
But Oldschool even if joking does make a valid point that interpreting as skin color/race
would bring up the same complaints about racism and white privilege that's prevalent today.

I found this pretty interesting. I found it while browsing. It is an old cartoon that predicts the future of our politics, freedom, etc. Very prophetic. Maybe they should show this cartoon in school. Check it out!

A bunch of white people made a cartoon demonizing brown people. How times have changed. :rolleyes:

That's what you got out of it?

The other thing I noticed about it is how the brown person depicted in the cartoon is basically Trump. And how you Trump sheep seem to whole-heartedly support that brown person's ideas now.

If you had actually watched it, the snake oil salesman is dark and the ones standing around him are white. :laugh:

Did you ignore all inclusive color types in there?
How about bill of rights is for all.

That's what you got out of it?

The other thing I noticed about it is how the brown person depicted in the cartoon is basically Trump. And how you Trump sheep seem to whole-heartedly support that brown person's ideas now.

You just trolling now ?

Huh?

Dear bear513 there is both the literal content and meaning
and the media presentation, where Oldschool noticed a bias in visual imagery.

In old days of storytelling, darker figures meant the darker forces of deception competing to steer people off course.

But in today's media-oriented world, darker skin is taken literally to represent Latino or Black (or Middle Eastern).
So it's taken as a stereotype "forcing negative associations" with dark skin "minority" Latino or Black or other "nonwhite."

Yes this is unintended and a distraction from the real meaning and content of the cartoon.
But Oldschool even if joking does make a valid point that interpreting as skin color/race
would bring up the same complaints about racism and white privilege that's prevalent today.

I never analized it like that , was always trying to read the message and it was,clear.

Of course, some will ignore the content and focus on the race of the cartoon characters. These types of posters have very LITTLE to add to the discussion of any importance since this thread has absolutely nothing to do with racial issues.

Adjectives describe the noun, they don't make it something entirely different. A crony capitalist is still a capitalist. Your attempt to obfuscate is weak.

Actually it is an entirely different thing. Adjectives can do that. English 101.

A true free market capitalist has ZERO ability to force anyone to do anything. They make money through voluntary transactions only, they face competition, and they have consequences for not meeting the expectations of their customers. They cannot compel, only entice, which you can reject or not.

Cronyism has nothing to do with free market capitalism. Cronyists get their power to forcible extract wealth on an involuntary basis from one source only, government. It's government that has the back of their crony partners because only government can require compliance with the threat of fines or imprisonment, all enforced by armed agents. A true capitalists has no such ability.

If capitalism is sex, cronyism (and all forms of collectivism) is rape. One is consensual, one is most certainly not.

So yes, and adjective can make all the difference in the world.
And a free market has nothing to do with capitalism. A capitalist simply produces a commodity which he exchanges in a market for money, with the intent of increasing his capital. The use of the accumulated capital to lobby or buy politicians does not make the capitalist any less of a capitalist. The capitalist is merely pursuing his self interest which is perfectly in line with the ism.

If this is your way of saying the government should stop meddling in markets, thereby removing any ability for the capitalist to unfairly enrich himself, then I agree.

Call it whatever you like, without government meddling, there can be no aspect of capitalism that would allow business people to, as you said, "control the government".
I'm saying we should eliminate capital accumulation. We the people should reserve the right to manage the markets, to ensure that they meet our interests without interference from special interests.

Ah, I see.

Problem is, your centrally planned Utopia absolutely 100% requires involuntary compliance enforced by armed agents of the very same central planners in whom you place so much faith.

That's some immoral shit there pal. I'll stick with free people engaging in voluntary transactions. No jacked booted thugs required.

^^^

This. Thank you. Government corruption and greed is the real problem here.

That isn't "propaganda." It is truth and it is explaining the methods which the government would use to take away our freedoms.
But it was propaganda, whatever you think about it now.

I think we are all smart enough to understand that our government isn't serving the population.

It's being controlled, but not by communists. It's being controlled by capitalists.

Capitalists have no ability to control anything. CRONY capitalists is what you're referring to.
Adjectives describe the noun, they don't make it something entirely different. A crony capitalist is still a capitalist. Your attempt to obfuscate is weak.

Actually it is an entirely different thing. Adjectives can do that. English 101.

A true free market capitalist has ZERO ability to force anyone to do anything. They make money through voluntary transactions only, they face competition, and they have consequences for not meeting the expectations of their customers. They cannot compel, only entice, which you can reject or not.

Cronyism has nothing to do with free market capitalism. Cronyists get their power to forcible extract wealth on an involuntary basis from one source only, government. It's government that has the back of their crony partners because only government can require compliance with the threat of fines or imprisonment, all enforced by armed agents. A true capitalists has no such ability.

If capitalism is sex, cronyism (and all forms of collectivism) is rape. One is consensual, one is most certainly not.

And a free market has nothing to do with capitalism. A capitalist simply produces a commodity which he exchanges in a market for money, with the intent of increasing his capital. The use of the accumulated capital to lobby or buy politicians does not make the capitalist any less of a capitalist. The capitalist is merely pursuing his self interest which is perfectly in line with the ism.

Just go move to Venezuela or something. I'm sure you would have plenty of opportunity to be successful over there. :2up: Lol!

But it was propaganda, whatever you think about it now.

I think we are all smart enough to understand that our government isn't serving the population.

It's being controlled, but not by communists. It's being controlled by capitalists.

Capitalists have no ability to control anything. CRONY capitalists is what you're referring to.

Just go move to Venezuela or something. I'm sure you would have plenty of opportunity to be successful over there. :2up: Lol!
I'm seeking true freedom, not tyranny associated with oppressive government. I'll pass on Venezuela, thanks.

Forum List

Back