Old cartoon predicts the future

Sorry, but 'freedom' is now hate speech. True story.

I don't want you to comment unless you took the time to watch the cartoon. Thanks.

Seen it many times.

What you want on this forum is irrelevant, but thanks for posting it anyway.

Well then comment on the video. That is what the thread is about. Seems as if people back then were more aware than we are today.
It's cold war propaganda. Designed to make you fearful of communism. It was because of videos like this that people were aware. It was by design.

I don't want you to comment unless you took the time to watch the cartoon. Thanks.

Seen it many times.

Well then comment on the video. That is what the thread is about. Seems as if people back then were more aware than we are today.

Agreed. Hence, my original comment.

Seen it many times.

It's cold war propaganda. Designed to make you fearful of communism. It was because of videos like this that people were aware. It was by design.

We should be fearful of communism, of all forms of collectivism in fact. Immoral as hell.

Seen it many times.

That isn't "propaganda." It is truth and it is explaining the methods which the government would use to take away our freedoms.

Seen it many times.

That isn't "propaganda." It is truth and it is explaining the methods which the government would use to take away our freedoms.
But it was propaganda, whatever you think about it now.

I think we are all smart enough to understand that our government isn't serving the population.

It's being controlled, but not by communists. It's being controlled by capitalists.

Seen it many times.

I think we are all smart enough to understand that our government isn't serving the population.

It's being controlled, but not by communists. It's being controlled by capitalists.

You mean the GOVERNMENT. Corrupt government is the cause. If they weren't easily corrupted, bribed, whatever, then we wouldn't have the problems that we have. The federal government is much more powerful than it was ever intended to be, and that much is obvious.

Seen it many times.

No.
It is being controlled by corporatist and liberal elitist.
20th/21st century Corporatism is not to be confused with pre-modern corporatism of old.
For isntance, Obama was a corporatist and elitist to the core. Both by providing free access to taxpayer backed loans more than anyother President in history, as well as outright trickle down economics like no other President in history. But at the same time, dramatically increased welfare and other social programs. - a true elitist.

I consider it a warning more than propaganda. There is nothing biased or misleading about the cartoon. It is very much true.

prop·a·gan·da
ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
noun
  1. 1.
    derogatory
    information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
    "he was charged with distributing enemy propaganda"

I found it to be great, insightful and true. A great way to teach kids of the danger of government and allowing them to grab too much power with empty promises.
It was a warning of the dangers of ism. Did you make the connection with capitalism. Or were you mesmerized by all the imagery of freedom? You don't think the kings of capital will enslave you? It's your government, stop acting like it is the enemy and take it back.

I found it to be great, insightful and true. A great way to teach kids of the danger of government and allowing them to grab too much power with empty promises.

Not bad for a cartoon

I found it humorous in how the seemed to be talking about Henry Ford as an example of the wonders of Capitalism

When Ford workers threatened to strike, Henry hired goons and thugs to beat them up

It was a warning of the dangers of ism. Did you make the connection with capitalism. Or were you mesmerized by all the imagery of freedom? You don't think the kings of capital will enslave you? It's your government, stop acting like it is the enemy and take it back.

Our government has been taken over by greedy corrupt sloths and a two-party monopoly on the system.

Forum List

Back