Ol' scratch a gonna' getcha!

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
My grandmother began to brainwash me with that hogwash when I was an infant about two years old. If I made a mistake or did something she didn't like she admonished me, "Ol' Scratch Will Get You!" When I was in the third and fourth grades at Milan Tennessee in the early 40's the teachers started the day with the pledge of allegiance and the lord's prayer. On Monday's the class was each assigned a bible verse to memori e and recite back to the class on Fridays. Christmas and Easter celebrations, prayers before any public event, reinforcement by preachers, teachers and other authority figures. What chance does an innocent child have

I lived in the church for most of my adult life. We tithed our gross plus gifts to Lottie Moon and other selected missions, I was a Sunday school teacher for young adults, I coached and refereed for RA boys, I was a member of the brotherhood and the building committee, I visited those who were sick on Tuesdays, Prayer meetings on Wednesdays, I gave personal testimony at small churches in towns close by and I had most of the new testament committed to memory while I was still in my twenties. When time came to be drafted the preacher wanted me to become an ordained Baptist preacher but you know what I decided...to go into the army. I never believed all that major bullshit about prophesy, virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead, feeding 6000-8000 with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, hanging a man on a tree, bleeding him like a hog then seeing him fit as a fiddle two days later, etc. If the universal god dropped by oe time during the stone age and left the only keys to the kingdom with ignorant camel herders who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat he has a helluva sense of humor.

I stayed in the church till I was over 60 years old and I used to sit in the pews on Sunday mornings and wonder how in the world intelligent people actually believed all that bullshit.

P.T. Barnum said, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute." Religion affirms what he said.

bb643244e6a3a772155a262041fbe1a6_lx.jpg

First observation - You're a very selfish person. You talk about nothing but yourself. Despite the fact that no one asks. You've started countless threads discussiong yourself. Usually in a failed attempt to make yourself feel superior intellectually despite the fact that you can't actually hold your own in a discussion or even stay on it long enough to "win".

Second observation - You claim there is no God, that it's obvious that religion is nonsense and you knew this for decades. Yet, you also claim you sat in the pews until you were in your sixties. If you were half as intelligent as you think you are, you wouldn't waste time with things you claim to know are false and would instead you would have used your time for something much more meaningful to you. It seems like the only real sucker here has been you.

Third observation - It's not exactly difficult to see why you are ignorant concerning things of the Spirit. If any of what you claim is true, you memorized the scriptures but completely missed their purpose and meaning. The whole point of the Gospel is to teach us how to know God for ourselves, be brought back into His presence and to be happy. You do that through loving others. You do it by serving them with a willing heart. You can't do that if you just go through the motions. You are unhappy and bitter. And there is a reason for that. Despite all of your claimed education in the matter, you never truly learned the path of happiness. You've lived to the point where you are past feeling the truth.

Thankfully, You are always without the grasp of the Almighty's power. You can repent and change the path you are on and be happy by giving up your sins and coming before God with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. If you have godly sorrow for your sins you can find rest and comfort. And I pray sincerely that you find it before your mortal probation is over and you have to see yourself from the other side of the veil.

My grandmother began to brainwash me with that hogwash when I was an infant about two years old. If I made a mistake or did something she didn't like she admonished me, "Ol' Scratch Will Get You!" When I was in the third and fourth grades at Milan Tennessee in the early 40's the teachers started the day with the pledge of allegiance and the lord's prayer. On Monday's the class was each assigned a bible verse to memori e and recite back to the class on Fridays. Christmas and Easter celebrations, prayers before any public event, reinforcement by preachers, teachers and other authority figures. What chance does an innocent child have

I lived in the church for most of my adult life. We tithed our gross plus gifts to Lottie Moon and other selected missions, I was a Sunday school teacher for young adults, I coached and refereed for RA boys, I was a member of the brotherhood and the building committee, I visited those who were sick on Tuesdays, Prayer meetings on Wednesdays, I gave personal testimony at small churches in towns close by and I had most of the new testament committed to memory while I was still in my twenties. When time came to be drafted the preacher wanted me to become an ordained Baptist preacher but you know what I decided...to go into the army. I never believed all that major bullshit about prophesy, virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead, feeding 6000-8000 with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, hanging a man on a tree, bleeding him like a hog then seeing him fit as a fiddle two days later, etc. If the universal god dropped by oe time during the stone age and left the only keys to the kingdom with ignorant camel herders who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat he has a helluva sense of humor.

I stayed in the church till I was over 60 years old and I used to sit in the pews on Sunday mornings and wonder how in the world intelligent people actually believed all that bullshit.

P.T. Barnum said, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute." Religion affirms what he said.

Have you ever considered therapy to address your anger issues?

Why don't you fucking enlist, asswipe.

Second observation - You claim there is no God, that it's obvious that religion is nonsense and you knew this for decades. Yet, you also claim you sat in the pews until you were in your sixties. If you were half as intelligent as you think you are, you wouldn't waste time with things you claim to know are false and would instead you would have used your time for something much more meaningful to you. It seems like the only real sucker here has been you.

This is a good point. When I realized that there was nothing to the god myth, I stopped wasting my time on it and focused on other priorities. Cammpbell has apparently never moved past the control that religion has wielded over his life. He will go to his grave pissed off and bitter because he wasted his life on a fairytale, without realizing that he's wasting his current time being pissed off over the time he's wasted. That's pretty dumb.

You can't get those years back, but you can focus on the time you have left, and make it count for something.

Why don't you fucking enlist, asswipe.

Ah again we have an example of Warriors vocabulary. The four most used words being, "i, me, mine and FUCK". (Or various derivatives thereof)

"Asswipe and shithead" get honorable mention.

Forum List

Back