Hawking says physics proves there is no time for "Gawd".

R

rdean

Stephen Hawking Explains Creation, Big Bang Sans God

Enter: the black hole.

The black hole, which floats in space, is a star so massive that it has collapsed in on itself. Nothing, including light, can escape its gravity.

"Its gravitational field is so powerful it doesn't only warp and distort light but also time," he explained. Time, thus, doesn't exist in the black hole.

Using this as the final key to revealing how the universe created itself, Hawking explained that if you travel back in time toward the moment of the big bang, the universe gets smaller until it comes to a point where the whole universe is in a space so small that it is "in effect a single infinitesimally small, infinitesimally dense black hole."

He concluded, "You can't get to a time before the big bang because there was no before the big bang. We have finally found something that doesn't have a cause because there was no time for a cause to exist in. For me, this means there is no possibility of a Creator because there is no time for a Creator to have existed."

----------------------------------------

You gotta love the fact science was put into the Christian "entertainment" section.

Hawking has bat shit for brains. No time for God, put plenty of time for the Big Bang when there was no time?

The black hole, which floats in space, is a star so massive that it has collapsed in on itself. Nothing, including light, can escape its gravity.

"Its gravitational field is so powerful it doesn't only warp and distort light but also time," he explained. Time, thus, doesn't exist in the black hole.

Using this as the final key to revealing how the universe created itself, Hawking explained that if you travel back in time toward the moment of the big bang, the universe gets smaller until it comes to a point where the whole universe is in a space so small that it is "in effect a single infinitesimally small, infinitesimally dense black hole."

He concluded, "You can't get to a time before the big bang because there was no before the big bang. We have finally found something that doesn't have a cause because there was no time for a cause to exist in. For me, this means there is no possibility of a Creator because there is no time for a Creator to have existed."

You gotta love the fact science was put into the Christian "entertainment" section.

Nothing caused it.

ok

So God/the Universe/All that is, is some Union employee that needs to punch a timecard.

hmmmkay

Personally, I favor Yaqui Shaman Don Juan's explanation that the Universe is understood by mankind as either the Known, the Unknown or the Unknowable.

The Known is the stuff we can perceive

The Unknown is the stuff we're capable of perceiving but haven't yet

The Unknowable, which compromises the vast majority of the Universe, is simply beyond human facility to perceive.

That's a completely unscientific statement.

What is it about these extremely intelligent people

""I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature" ~Dr. Albert Einstein~

Well I'll be darned. My great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great Grandma was a SUPER MASSIVE BLACK HOLE.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBb-J0hcBQA]Muse - Supermassive Black Hole - Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

The Universe was created by a black hole. Black holes are the result of collapsed stars. However, this particular black hole wasn't, and nothing existed before it.

I think Hawking is great, but he's gonna have to explain this one again for the benefit of numbskulls like me who find it odd to set scientific precedent aside because the theory somehow stops working.

If we can't see what came before this particular super massive black hole, why is the theory that nothing existed, rather than the super massive black hole is a result of the collapse of a super massive star?

The Universe was created by a black hole. Black holes are the result of collapsed stars. However, this particular black hole wasn't, and nothing existed before it.

I think Hawking is great, but he's gonna have to explain this one again for the benefit of numbskulls like me who find it odd to set scientific precedent aside because the theory somehow stops working.

If we can't see what came before this particular super massive black hole, why is the theory that nothing existed, rather than the super massive black hole is a result of the collapse of a super massive star?

You do realise the science community do not agree or even know if black holes even exist. Hawking has done too many meds.

They found what appeared to be a black hole leaking matter out one end there goes hawking's theory.

Forum List

Back