OK USMB Democrats.....Choose your poison

Which Republican do you most want to run against?

• Total voters

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Which remaining Republican do you most want to run against and why?

Trump
Cruz
Rubio
Bush
Carson
Kasich

i prefer kasich or bush, so our country can rise to the occasion of a more rational discussion.

hillary still tops all of the candidates, no matter what imo

i am not one who roots for her to face trump, even though she would absolutely trounce him imo

i am hoping trump gets booed off the stage in the next wave of primaries.

i am not a Democrat, but that's my answer as an independent moderate.

let's remember, we now have voters who were 4 years old on 9/11/01.

they literally just feel off the political turnip truck and they're being seduced by anti-American rhetoric.

let's demonstrate some rational diplomacy and distinguished leadership for the children!

Trump, but he's not a Republican. In a two-party (AKA rigged) system no third-party can win.
Trump made noise about making a third party run if the RNC doesn't stop loading the debates with anti-Trump spectators. Won't that take votes primarily from the Republicans, ensuring a Democrat win?

i prefer kasich or bush, so our country can rise to the occasion of a more rational discussion.

hillary still tops all of the candidates, no matter what imo

i am not one who roots for her to face trump, even though she would absolutely trounce him imo

i am hoping trump gets booed off the stage in the next wave of primaries.

i am not a Democrat, but that's my answer as an independent moderate.

let's remember, we now have voters who were 4 years old on 9/11/01.

they literally just feel off the political turnip truck and they're being seduced by anti-American rhetoric.

let's demonstrate some rational diplomacy and distinguished leadership for the children!

9/11 means nothing to someone who was 4 years old at the time. I just read an interesting column and I think this guy nailed Sanders' millennial audience:

"Sanders followers are younger, primarily millennials. They fear college debt, having to support their parents, social security bankruptcy, being pulled into wars that are none of their doing, a corrupt government, a rigged economic system …"""
Henry Briggs The Trump/Sanders phenomenon - Main Line Suburban Life - Main Line Media News

I think nominating Trump could be the beginning of the end for the Republican party

I'd like to see Trump run Indie and who ever the Republican is that's smart enough to understand you cant find 15 million people and send them anywhere.

Trump, but he's not a Republican. In a two-party (AKA rigged) system no third-party can win.
Trump made noise about making a third party run if the RNC doesn't stop loading the debates with anti-Trump spectators. Won't that take votes primarily from the Republicans, ensuring a Democrat win?
Yep...

Since he's a dem, how would that take votes away from the Rs? More dems would be inclined to vote for him wouldn't they. Y'all keep saying that he's for abortion, single payer etc....champion lib issues.

Yep...

Since he's a dem, how would that take votes away from the Rs? More dems would be inclined to vote for him wouldn't they. Y'all keep saying that he's for abortion, single payer etc....champion lib issues.
Libs would throw him under the bus faster than they did McCain

Yep...

Are any Dems supporting Trump? So few no one will notice. He doesn't play to their fears like he does the GOPers.

Of all the Republicans

Trump, Carson and Cruz are incapable of winning a general election
Bush, Rubio or Kasich could conceivably take swing states but unlikely enough to defeat Hillary

Last edited:
Yep...

Are any Dems supporting Trump? So few no one will notice. He doesn't play to their fears like he does the GOPers.
I think Trump would do the least amount of damage to the country of the GOP nominees. The senate and congress won't let him do anything crazy, especially since at least the senate will be under Dem control. And so what if he builds a wall? Sure it makes us look bad and will be a waste of money but it won't actually affect anything.

And anyways imagine all the ammo whoever the Dem candidate is will have against him during the general election. That's the guy we want to run against.

Forum List

Back