OK Tea Party....Time to belly up to the bar

"Queens has quite a different profile, with equal components of the major groups," he said, referring to categories of white non-Hispanic, Hispanic, black non-Hispanic, Asian and multi-racial.

The surge in Hispanic groups in Queens is most notable among Ecuadorans. It jumped 68.9% between 2000 and 2006. The number of Mexicans increased 30%.

Mexicans are now the largest immigrant group in Astoria, an area once dominated by Greeks and Italians.

Assemblyman José Peralta, a first-generation Dominican-American, said growing numbers of Mexicans and Ecuadorans are settling in Jackson Heights and Corona as they find well-established enclaves there.

"The Colombians and Dominicans have been here longer and are moving from rentals to buying homes in East Elmhurst, Long Island and New Jersey," said Peralta. "In some cases, the Dominicans are renting out their properties to new waves of immigrants who are making Corona their home."

In 1970, only 21% of the borough's population was foreign-born. In 2000, that number jumped to more than 46%.

The constant flow into Queens of immigrants, who generally open small businesses, helps keep the local economy running, Peralta said.

"They are the economic engine that is vital for the borough," he said.

[email protected]

Read more: Queens one of 'most diverse places on Earth,' new figures show

Well they start with vague generalities then go for the illegal immigrant thing..because it's rote and easy.

But seriously..see if any president can address this problem? Regan tried, Bush tried..and they couldn't. Why? Lots of businesses love having powerless cheap labor. And on the whole it's a gain to government coffers.

But yeah..there are no serious answers from the Tea Party..just lots of rage and anger.

Come now shallow. You are just bitter because of all the lost ground from yesterday's election. Take solace in the few key victories you had.

Maybe it's time for the Individual States to play a more significant role. Let's give Federalism a chance, it's been too long a while since it's been tried. Centralized one size fits all government cheats everybody. It's excessive and wasteful.

I'm not angry. This about guarantees President Obama's re-election.

And the whole "Indivdual States" thing has been settled since the civil war. No you can't have slaves. Nope. Not a one.

Federalism is what The Constitution Establishes. We are a Federal Republic. The Civil War did not take away the Federal Republic. It did not cease to be because of the failed succession of the South. What is with you? What about Representative Government scares you so much?

"Yes, We Can". I believe that summed up Obama's campaign. Never did answer the 'can what?' thing... but we know now... and we just told him 'no, you can't'.

Live with it.

Too late! He's already made America better.

Let's see wingnuts take away those improvements. I dare them.

How is that? By abandoning Due Process? Rule of Law? By indebting us many times over the worst that Bush did? How about we separate the hype.

Federalism is what The Constitution Establishes. We are a Federal Republic. The Civil War did not take away the Federal Republic. It did not cease to be because of the failed succession of the South. What is with you? What about Representative Government scares you so much?
The stupid proles refuse to let him run their lives. They don't recognize his clear superiority.

"Yes, We Can". I believe that summed up Obama's campaign. Never did answer the 'can what?' thing... but we know now... and we just told him 'no, you can't'.

Live with it.

How is that? By abandoning Due Process? Rule of Law? By indebting us many times over the worst that Bush did? How about we separate the hype.
Impossible with Synth. All he has is "Obama is ever so dreamy!!"

Come now shallow. You are just bitter because of all the lost ground from yesterday's election. Take solace in the few key victories you had.

Maybe it's time for the Individual States to play a more significant role. Let's give Federalism a chance, it's been too long a while since it's been tried. Centralized one size fits all government cheats everybody. It's excessive and wasteful.

And the whole "Indivdual States" thing has been settled since the civil war. No you can't have slaves. Nope. Not a one.

Nothing.

What scares you about it? The Constitution establishes representative government. The congress passes legislation that must be followed by the states. The states are granted a certain amount of autonomy to deal with regional affairs. For example, prostitution is legal in Nevada..but not in New York.

But states can't start challenging Constitutional supremacy. That's in there as well.

Why does that scare you?

Does he get a tingle up his leg like Chris Whiffle Ball? Meet the Depressed, the Stressed. ;) You know What's his name. :lol:

It's funny the way you pretend there's any answer you'll accept. :lol:

There are plenty of answers I would accept

- Social Security
- Medicare
- Iraq and Afghanistan
- Defense Spending
- Social Programs
- Farm Subsidies
- Business incentives
- Student Loans

There are some tough cuts in there. Many people would be negatively impacted. If you are serious about reducing the deficit and balancing the budget you have to go where the money is and you will have to force sacrifices. If you want to continue the Bush tax cuts, you will need to find an additional $4 trillion in cuts
I agree -- it's not going to be easy. But the House and Senate Dems and Obama aren't going to agree to any spending cuts.

When the deficit continues to increase, though, you'll blame the GOP.

It is not just the Dems that have their favorite programs. Are fly over states going to agree with cuts to farm subsides? Will repubs agree to cutting corporate welfare programs? If you have a major defense contractor in your district, will you agree if that contract gets cut?

If we end our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan we have tens of thousands of soldiers returning to no jobs. Cut education funding and thousands of students drop out of school.

It is much more than cutting government waste. What you consider to be waste is someone else's livelyhood

Nothing.

What scares you about it? The Constitution establishes representative government. The congress passes legislation that must be followed by the states. The states are granted a certain amount of autonomy to deal with regional affairs. For example, prostitution is legal in Nevada..but not in New York.

But states can't start challenging Constitutional supremacy. That's in there as well.

Why does that scare you?

But They Can Challenge Jurisdiction and Constitutional Application, and what it really say's as opposed to what we think it says. The Key here is Due Process and The Rule of Law. Constitutional Interpretation, as it stands now, is only what a standing Supreme Court say's it is, that can sadly be subject to arbitrary rulings and translations, which can be just as arbitrarily reversed. That is where the Amendment Process comes in. There is No Law more Powerful. The States can have a very important role in that. Personally, I would love to see the abomination of what was done to the "Commerce Claus", addressed. Again, Power gone wild. Back on point. You are grossly misinformed. The Federal Government has It's Jurisdiction, The States have Their Jurisdiction. You forget that. Living in the present, understand that there is immense power there. The Obama Administration is going to learn that the hard way, if it continues to deal with Arizona underhandedly.

- Social Security
- Medicare
- Iraq and Afghanistan
- Defense Spending
- Social Programs
- Farm Subsidies
- Business incentives
- Student Loans

There are some tough cuts in there. Many people would be negatively impacted. If you are serious about reducing the deficit and balancing the budget you have to go where the money is and you will have to force sacrifices. If you want to continue the Bush tax cuts, you will need to find an additional $4 trillion in cuts
I agree -- it's not going to be easy. But the House and Senate Dems and Obama aren't going to agree to any spending cuts.

It is not just the Dems that have their favorite programs. Are fly over states going to agree with cuts to farm subsides? Will repubs agree to cutting corporate welfare programs? If you have a major defense contractor in your district, will you agree if that contract gets cut?

If we end our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan we have tens of thousands of soldiers returning to no jobs. Cut education funding and thousands of students drop out of school.

It is much more than cutting government waste. What you consider to be waste is someone else's livelyhood
Outside of Constitutional mandates, if a job can't survive in the private sector, it's probably not necessary.

- Social Security
- Medicare
- Iraq and Afghanistan
- Defense Spending
- Social Programs
- Farm Subsidies
- Business incentives
- Student Loans

I 'd agree. I'd put some bases near our borders too. The answer needs to be focused on necessity, not convenience, not even livelihood, unless you want to pay my taxes and bills for me. ;) I mean feel free.

I 'd agree. I'd put some bases near our borders too. The answer needs to be focused on necessity, not convenience, not even livelihood, unless you want to pay my taxes and bills for me. ;) I mean feel free.

Sorry,
Bases cost money to build. We are supposed to be cutting spending

Outside of Constitutional mandates, if a job can't survive in the private sector, it's probably not necessary.

Can you be specific and say who and what you would cut? It would also help if you said what would happen with the people affected by your cuts

Hmm, let's see. Obama and Democrats ran in '08 on a bunch of slogans. They took control of both houses of Congress and the White House by filibuster proof majorities. Yet Nutwinger never called on them to stand and deliver. And when they did, the country got in a worse mess than ever.
Now the GOP has control of the House and he challenges them to start governing like they staged a coup.
Memo: Dems still control the Senate and Obama is still the president.
My question is: OK Dems. You've lost control of the House but still have a big role in government. What are you going to do to solve all these problems?

outta rep dude, sorry...hit you tomorrow...:dance:

I guess this is what amounts to a come to a jesus moment for 'brave' Sir Robin....:eusa_shhh:

Live with it.

While we're at it, let's separate Bush and Obama. The items you list were started under Bush, continued under Obama.

No, I was speaking of consumer protections in credit cards / the discontinuation of 'pre-existing condition' denial / the fact that they cannot drop your coverage when you get sick / the fact that you can now stay on your parent's insurance until you are 25 / the fact that he saved the auto industry, which is now getting back to profitability - and made money for the taxpayers / the fact that TARP has been repaid - and made money for the taxpayers / the fact that 40% of the stimulus was tax-cuts / the fact that we didn't plunge into a depression /

things like that.

Cuts?

I mean..the stuff the Tea Party has put on the table really amounts to very little and does more harm then good in the long run.

-Cut the Department of Education? Oh goody..no national standards and buh bye to college grants.
-Cut OSHA? Yep back to the good old days of miners dropping like flies and people getting burned alive in factories.
-Cut the EPA? Well dirty water, tarnished earth and crappy air worked so well a century ago. Why not bring it back.
-Get rid of Social Security? Well you might save a bit of cash..but seniors who made a mistake or two would be back to living in squalor and dying in misery.
-Get rid of Medicare? Now your talking. That's a high ticket item. And it basically insures that the life span of Americans will be cut by a quarter.
-Get rid of Welfare? Well it's always a good idea for inner cities to deprive the improvished of any means of getting out of their holes. Good for the crime rate and prison industries too.

Even with all of this..we'd still be running deficits unless taxes were raised.

Or Military expenditures cut.

Don't forget all the money they save by cutting NPR and NEA

Those are THE FRIST TWO to GO..
bye bye...they can go out and beg for their own friggen money. Or call up Georgie Soros.

Sorry,
Bases cost money to build. We are supposed to be cutting spending

Border Integrity is a Responsibility, of the Federal Government, National Security takes priority to your or my feelings. Border Security is a Fail for how long now?

Can you be specific and say who and what you would cut? It would also help if you said what would happen with the people affected by your cuts

Federal Jobs. What Remains could consider a regular 40 hour work week. How's that hit you. Those effected would have to work for a living. ;) It can be done.

While we're at it, let's separate Bush and Obama. The items you list were started under Bush, continued under Obama.

No, I was speaking of consumer protections in credit cards / the discontinuation of 'pre-existing condition' denial / the fact that they cannot drop your coverage when you get sick / the fact that you can now stay on your parent's insurance until you are 25 / the fact that he saved the auto industry, which is now getting back to profitability - and made money for the taxpayers / the fact that TARP has been repaid - and made money for the taxpayers / the fact that 40% of the stimulus was tax-cuts / the fact that we didn't plunge into a depression /

things like that.

Like in Follow The Yellow Brick Road? Yeah, I get it, Lion's and Tigers, and Bears, Follow The Yellow Brick Road. :lol: When you learn to separate propaganda from reality let me know.

Forum List

Back