OK RWers, Lets Say They Scrap The Bill, Start Over If You Will...

You know...isn't it more SENSIBLE to actually LOWER a person's insurance costs at the time of unemployment?

Or do a certain segment of the population believe that only people who are gainfully employed deserve to be insured?

There you go, now you are starting to understand.

But as i pointed out before, the argument that was put forth at the time that cobra was passed was more for those that switched jobs so there would be no gap in coverage.

You know...isn't it more SENSIBLE to actually LOWER a person's insurance costs at the time of unemployment?

Or do a certain segment of the population believe that only people who are gainfully employed deserve to be insured?

But as i pointed out before, the argument that was put forth at the time that cobra was passed was more for those that switched jobs so there would be no gap in coverage.

I forgot this bit
/snark <-- or did I?

Can't they offer an alternative to employer based insurance?

You're offered a job at $40K/yr with health insurance (which costs the company $15K/yr) OR you take the job without taking the health insurance but get paid $55K/yr and find insurance on your own. You could get group rates by joining others who want to participate in xx plan with xx company. That way if you lose your job you don't lose your insurance. I think it's stupid that health insurance is so tied to employment.

And if you lose your job you are going to pay $15K a year for insurance HOW exactely?

I forgot this bit
/snark <-- or did I?

So people will go to the EMERGENCY ROOM for CRITICAL illnesses that COULD have been treated EARLY for a FRACTION of the cost. FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!!

I forgot this bit
/snark <-- or did I?
So people will go to the EMERGENCY ROOM for CRITICAL illnesses that COULD have been treated EARLY for a FRACTION of the cost. FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!!
Dude Chill pill take one. BTW it helps to get the preceding quote too. Where I bolded what I was responding to.

For the record the system is broken nor is COBRA all that it is cracked up to be.

So cold, you think the government shoud take care of you if you lose your job?
here, emergency rooms will turn you away if your condition is not a real emergency, and you can't show ability to pay.
I know it's tough to lose a job, but expecting the federal government to take care of those that do is opening up a real opportunity for those that would play the system.

here, emergency rooms will turn you away if your condition is not a real emergency, and you can't show ability to pay.
I know it's tough to lose a job, but expecting the federal government to take care of those that do is opening up a real opportunity for those that would play the system.

So in other words I have to be DEATHLY ILL to get treatment and my odds of recovery are VASTLY decreased. Does that make SENSE to you?

I get it. I think you have comprehension issues. Which is common among your species.
My experience with Cobra has been in trying to help friends and former co-workers enroll. And it's been my experience that Cobra premiums far exceed the premiums they paid when they were working. Couple that with the fact that they were unemployed and trying to afford Cobra made it practically impossible. They had to choose between paying the utility bills and paying cobra.
More like paying you MORTGAGE or COBRA!

You idiots are complaining about the cost of Cobra?:cuckoo: Yet you fawn over Ovomit care that will not only increase cost but it will double them for the first 5 years. This is a government con :eusa_liar:to get more money out of you to fill the debt hole:dig:so they can operate for the next 5 years. You will not only have to still pay for your current health insurance but will also pay the government imposed premium for the next 5 years while you do not get any government health care during a time when many unemployed desperately need it. When the 5th year actually gets here the government will simply say we can't afford this unless we raise taxes again.:eek:

Last edited:

So in other words I have to be DEATHLY ILL to get treatment and my odds of recovery are VASTLY decreased. Does that make SENSE to you?

Despite any misfortune that may happen, i don't think it is the federal government's responsibilty to "save" you, or me.
I say that as someone who would benefit greatly from what your suggesting, as i do have a terminal condition, and i do have self-ration my own care.
So yes, it makes sense to me. i would rather have the freedom to die from my own misfortunes than the experience of an all-controlling government.

No one denied coverage for pre-exisiting conditions. Period. Should have been implemented a century ago.
Pure nonsense....You cannot wait until your house is on fire to buy homeowner's insurance.

Nobody has a right to a risk pool to get others to pay their bills.
I don't understand why the so-called Progressives can't understand that simple fact. No wonder why the American people are telling them to shove ObamaCare up their collective asses.

Aside: a number of you folks have American Flags next to your names; how do you get those?

and yes cold, i think the hospitals are exactly right to turn away people that show up and are not really suffering a true emergency. It serves those that truely need emergency care.
health care is like any other service. You pay for service, if you can't pay you don't get service. Not that different than 'lawn care'. When was the last time you called your lawn care guy and insisted it was an emergency to get your leaves raked because the city was going to fine you, so you are entitled to that service without the ability to pay for it?

"The ones who are in need."

Care to expound on that one there Liability?

Cause I don't get it.

:confused:

Those who... to not fault of their own... cannot afford insurance. Something like 80% of people in the US are perfectly happy with their health insurance and healthcare provided to them. Don't change anything for them. Let them keep what they have.

Only cover those that need it.

Yeah I am SURE there are TONS of jobs that pay enough to cover $15K a year in health care costs.

maybe, depends on what your skill set is. the fact is that there are existing state and federal programs to help families get affordable health care.
And then there is always that choice to go without.........

You do realize that we are all going to die, right?
Nobody lives forever.

Forum List

Back