OK Brainiacs, how would YOU prevent future school shootings?

Despite all the motor vehicle safety regulations and mandatory laws and inspections and air bags and recalls and traffic cops and tickets and DUI crackdowns the automobile fatality rate seems to be increasing by about 5% every year approaching 40,000. If we can't prevent law abiding citizens from killing each other on the highways how the hell can we prevent a maniac from going rogue in a free Country? When you factor in the incredible hatred directed at the President by alleged spokespeople for American culture in Hollywood and the most vocal hate mongers who advocate anything from assault to arson to murder and dismemberment of the President it seems that insanity is the rule and not the exception.

2016-01-15-1452876380-241284-Graph_Vehicles_Guns.jpg

Quite frankly, you need to have consequences for failed responses to a clear danger. This particular case in my opinion, isn't about him gaining access to the gun per se, but, the failed approach to dealing with him but from a law enforcement perspective and a psychological perspective.

I think raising access to age 21 is fair, along with some strengthened background checks.

Despite all the motor vehicle safety regulations and mandatory laws and inspections and air bags and recalls and traffic cops and tickets and DUI crackdowns the automobile fatality rate seems to be increasing by about 5% every year approaching 40,000. If we can't prevent law abiding citizens from killing each other on the highways how the hell can we prevent a maniac from going rogue in a free Country? When you factor in the incredible hatred directed at the President by alleged spokespeople for American culture in Hollywood and the most vocal hate mongers who advocate anything from assault to arson to murder and dismemberment of the President it seems that insanity is the rule and not the exception.

2016-01-15-1452876380-241284-Graph_Vehicles_Guns.jpg

2/3 of firearm deaths are suicides.

Myself, I like the idea of letting retired veterans be employed at schools and carrying firearms. As a backup plan, let some teachers with a CHL carry if they want.
Ive said it before; I’ll say it again...
Schools are under State authority. The governor should implement a rolling contingent of State troopers to secure our schools in numbers proportionate to the school population. We secure every other government institution but our most valuable.
Under the purview of the State police we can ensure consistent training policy, and procedure. This isn’t rocket science folks. The answer is simple. And its at our fingertips...

Myself, I like the idea of letting retired veterans be employed at schools and carrying firearms. As a backup plan, let some teachers with a CHL carry if they want.
Schools are under State authority. The governor should implement a rolling contingent of State troopers to secure our schools in numbers proportionate to the school population. We secure every other government institution but our most valuable.
Under the purview of the State police we can ensure consistent training policy, and procedure. This isn’t rocket science folks. The answer is simple. And its at our fingertips...

So I guess those state troopers not doing their regular jobs won't be missed in any way?

Right now, our state has openings for about 100 state troopers. Most people do not want the long hours, low pay, and hazard to life they face.

They do our school active shooter training now. I don't think they can handle anything beyond that.

So I guess those state troopers not doing their regular jobs won't be missed in any way?

Right now, our state has openings for about 100 state troopers. Most people do not want the long hours, low pay, and hazard to life they face.

They do our school active shooter training now. I don't think they can handle anything beyond that.
Adittional troopers. Don’t play obtuse. That’s their turf. Secure it!

Let's here it from all you gun control freaks...

Every district do a bond issue to purchase a professional security force. The size will be appropriate to the size of the district and will be a full time position. Provide them with vehicles and for gods sake overwhelming fire power. They mean well with he cops, but the cops sent to schools are more often then not fat old and a year or so from retirement, and many only Park a car at the school and go home.

Re-orient your thinking a little bit. First, no matter what we do, school shootings or shootings anywhere else cannot be totally prevented. The best we can do is reduce the number of incidents and the lethality. The gun control people who want to confiscate all guns are doomed to disappointment; that just isn't going to happen. Not in this country. So maybe we ban certain weapons, still doesn't really solve the problem cuz we already got loads of AR-15s and the like out there now. So are you going to confiscate all of them? I don't think so. Stop selling them? Again, we already got plenty of them, but here's the problem: people are going to use another gun that isn't illegal, be it a semi-auto pistol with fewer bullets in the magazine; so what's the difference between dying from a bullet fired from a AR-15 vs a 9mm handgun? I'm okay with making AR-15s illegal, but that ain't going to stop somebody bent on killing a bunch of people for whatever reason.

All I can see is either arming some volunteer teachers or hiring retired military or off duty cops to stop the nutcases before they can do more damage in a shorter timeframe. Better surveillance equipment would be good, plus I like the GVRO idea; if somebody is exhibiting behavior that appears to be dangerous, have the guy checked out by the cops and if the cops think it's warranted temporarily confiscate his/her weapons and suspend his ability to buy weapons or ammunition until the person goes before a judge and perhaps is examined by a mental health professional.

One thing though - making access to a gun doesn't mean the threat is gone. The person can make a bomb, drive a truck over a bunch of school kids, use a shotgun, whatever. Our society has some issues with mental health and we ought to be working on that too.
You see, I am NOT okay with them banning any weapon.

There is a concept that the left employs very well. It is called 'incrementalism'. Meaning if they can't get what they want all at once, they'll chip away at it until they get what they want.

Once you ban one gun, the claim is precedence has been set and they'll go after others. They are already making the argument that some guns have been banned in the past. The problem of their going after more guns stemmed from the fact that the first ban was allowed to expire before they could continue their evil work. If that ban was still in effect, then it is possible that this kid would have used some other rifle. That would be okay with them, because they could then add that rifle to the list of banned guns. Rinse, wash, repeat.

So, no. I'm not okay with any ban on any weapon.

Adittional troopers. Don’t play obtuse. That’s their turf. Secure it!

You didn't read my post. Try again. I put it in big bold red letters.

Start by getting rid of assault weapons.

Have you noticed they seem to be all white? The victims and the perpetrator. And rural?

Forum List

Back