OK Brainiacs, how would YOU prevent future school shootings?

Start by getting rid of assault weapons.

Have you noticed they seem to be all white? The victims and the perpetrator. And rural?
Those are liberals. And if they say they were Christians they weren’t real Christians. These guys are gun nuts who won’t claim responsibility for the gun nuts

Re-orient your thinking a little bit. First, no matter what we do, school shootings or shootings anywhere else cannot be totally prevented. The best we can do is reduce the number of incidents and the lethality. The gun control people who want to confiscate all guns are doomed to disappointment; that just isn't going to happen. Not in this country. So maybe we ban certain weapons, still doesn't really solve the problem cuz we already got loads of AR-15s and the like out there now. So are you going to confiscate all of them? I don't think so. Stop selling them? Again, we already got plenty of them, but here's the problem: people are going to use another gun that isn't illegal, be it a semi-auto pistol with fewer bullets in the magazine; so what's the difference between dying from a bullet fired from a AR-15 vs a 9mm handgun? I'm okay with making AR-15s illegal, but that ain't going to stop somebody bent on killing a bunch of people for whatever reason.

All I can see is either arming some volunteer teachers or hiring retired military or off duty cops to stop the nutcases before they can do more damage in a shorter timeframe. Better surveillance equipment would be good, plus I like the GVRO idea; if somebody is exhibiting behavior that appears to be dangerous, have the guy checked out by the cops and if the cops think it's warranted temporarily confiscate his/her weapons and suspend his ability to buy weapons or ammunition until the person goes before a judge and perhaps is examined by a mental health professional.

One thing though - making access to a gun doesn't mean the threat is gone. The person can make a bomb, drive a truck over a bunch of school kids, use a shotgun, whatever. Our society has some issues with mental health and we ought to be working on that too.
You see, I am NOT okay with them banning any weapon.

There is a concept that the left employs very well. It is called 'incrementalism'. Meaning if they can't get what they want all at once, they'll chip away at it until they get what they want.

Once you ban one gun, the claim is precedence has been set and they'll go after others. They are already making the argument that some guns have been banned in the past. The problem of their going after more guns stemmed from the fact that the first ban was allowed to expire before they could continue their evil work. If that ban was still in effect, then it is possible that this kid would have used some other rifle. That would be okay with them, because they could then add that rifle to the list of banned guns. Rinse, wash, repeat.

So, no. I'm not okay with any ban on any weapon.
Exactly...

Myself, I like the idea of letting retired veterans be employed at schools and carrying firearms. As a backup plan, let some teachers with a CHL carry if they want.
Ive said it before; I’ll say it again...
Schools are under State authority. The governor should implement a rolling contingent of State troopers to secure our schools in numbers proportionate to the school population. We secure every other government institution but our most valuable.
Under the purview of the State police we can ensure consistent training policy, and procedure. This isn’t rocket science folks. The answer is simple. And its at our fingertips...

So I guess those state troopers not doing their regular jobs won't be missed in any way?

Right now, our state has openings for about 100 state troopers. Most people do not want the long hours, low pay, and hazard to life they face.

They do our school active shooter training now. I don't think they can handle anything beyond that.
Adittional troopers. Don’t play obtuse. That’s their turf. Secure it!

You didn't read my post. Try again. I put it in big bold red letters.
Then pay and benies will incentivize. And your state alone isn’t the metric by which to cast the die. There are 50 of them after all.

Let's here it from all you gun control freaks...
Well...despite your baiting opening...and not being a 'gun control freak'---What I'd like to see happen is this---What good is a militia that does not protect..so many have hidden behind the 2nd amendment...citing a 'well maintained militia' as the justification for their hobbies..or fixations..or however you might term it. But they don't belong to any militia..it's just an excuse. How about using your rights as stated and intended...form militias...well maintained ones..with background checks and psych evals...open carry..notify LEA of your intent..as a citizen, open carry when picking up your kids...after communicating with school officials...be smart.

Issue press releases..let potential evil doers know that there is an opposition..and they will never know where the shot that kills them comes from.

I open carry....and despise the NRA. I believe in militias..and utterly reject the alt/right. This should not be political..but protective.

As has been said here...nothing can prevent every shooter..but we also can never know how many killings are prevented either.

Myself, I like the idea of letting retired veterans be employed at schools and carrying firearms. As a backup plan, let some teachers with a CHL carry if they want.
Schools are under State authority. The governor should implement a rolling contingent of State troopers to secure our schools in numbers proportionate to the school population. We secure every other government institution but our most valuable.
Under the purview of the State police we can ensure consistent training policy, and procedure. This isn’t rocket science folks. The answer is simple. And its at our fingertips...

So I guess those state troopers not doing their regular jobs won't be missed in any way?

Right now, our state has openings for about 100 state troopers. Most people do not want the long hours, low pay, and hazard to life they face.

They do our school active shooter training now. I don't think they can handle anything beyond that.

Then pay and benies will incentivize. And your state alone isn’t the metric by which to cast the die. There are 50 of them after all.

I am sure that other states have the same problems.

Just like the military, it is hard to find applicants who can meet the requirements of the job. They are either too old, drug abusers, criminals, or so out of shape that jumping to conclusions wears them out. Too many Cheetos while playing video games does that to a generation.

I am 57 years old and applied for a law enforcement job and the interviewers are amazed that I :
a) have never done drugs, and
b) never been arrested or had a moving traffic violation.

The very first part is what I think gets me thrown out of consideration. I have far more education and experience than the people interviewing me. It intimidates the heck out of them.

Just like the military, it is hard to find applicants who can meet the requirements of the job. They are either too old, drug abusers, criminals, or so out of shape that jumping to conclusions wears them out. Too many Cheetos while playing video games does that to a generation.

I am 57 years old and applied for a law enforcement job and the interviewers are amazed that I :

The very first part is what I think gets me thrown out of consideration. I have far more education and experience than the people interviewing me. It intimidates the heck out of them.
That's excuse making. The people are there. The impetus is there. States can, and should take the initiative in this issue.

That's excuse making. The people are there. The impetus is there. States can, and should take the initiative in this issue.

OK, but prepare for your tax rates to skyrocket if they do it the right way! I don't want to hear you bitching when you asked for it!

Don’t let teens buy handguns and AR style rifles .

Let local police decide if an applicant is suitable for gun license .
Don’t let teens buy handguns

What state do you live in where a teen can buy a handgun?

Not Florida!
can you expand on that?

are you saying a teen CAN buy a handgun in Florida?

Not Florida!
can you expand on that?

are you saying a teen CAN buy a handgun in Florida?

Yes ! didn’t Cruz also have handguns?

OK, but prepare for your tax rates to skyrocket if they do it the right way! I don't want to hear you bitching when you asked for it!
Most people are accustomed to tax increases. And tax increases don't meet the confrontations that constitututional infrngements do. Theres no such thing as a free lunch. But some places have better foods, at better prices.

I'm fairly certain I know what state Timmy is in.

zoloft.png

"Gun control freaks"? What about us normal regular folks that oppose the pro gun nutter insanity? Because, that's were this issue begins. They need a big dose of reality in that cool aid they drink.

I'm fairly certain I know what state Timmy is in.

zoloft.png

NineTEEN year old Cruz owned a # of firearms . True or false ??

Forum List

Back