CDZ Ohio Town's Board of Education Wouldn't Back Up Pro-Heterosexuality Speech

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
This is how far we have sunk, folks. An alumnus of River Valley High School in Caledonia, Ohio, Jim McGuire, spoke at a commencement ceremony, and said >> "“Choose a spouse, I suggest,” I also strongly suggest to make sure to choose biblical principles, you know a male with a female and female with a male.”

Instead of backing McGuire's basic common sense (Bible or not) suggestion, the school administration released a statement Monday saying: “The speech was not reviewed by anyone on the River Valley Administrative team or Board of Education. Any views expressed by the speaker during his commencement speech reflected his personal beliefs. He was not speaking as an official representative of River Valley Local Schools.”

Well, that's fair enough, but considering that McGuire was giving good, sound advice to very young people, it would have been better if they would have added an affirmation, instead of a cowardly disclaimer.

This NBC news article (link) is further evidence of the looney mindset that has overtaken today's younger generation, and the need for normal adults to speak to kids, with normalcy, as Jim McGuire was admirably doing. Try not to get sick when reading this "article" >>>

I think he was out of line. The reason I think that is because I also think indoctrinating kids with all the LGBT dogma is ALSO out of line.

Schools should not be a place where cultural warriors do battle. It should be a place where our children are educated in Mathematics, Science, History, and all the rest of the ACTUAL subjects that schools should be teaching.

This is how far we have sunk, folks. An alumnus of River Valley High School in Caledonia, Ohio, Jim McGuire, spoke at a commencement ceremony, and said >> "“Choose a spouse, I suggest,” I also strongly suggest to make sure to choose biblical principles, you know a male with a female and female with a male.”

Instead of backing McGuire's basic common sense (Bible or not) suggestion, the school administration released a statement Monday saying: “The speech was not reviewed by anyone on the River Valley Administrative team or Board of Education. Any views expressed by the speaker during his commencement speech reflected his personal beliefs. He was not speaking as an official representative of River Valley Local Schools.”

Well, that's fair enough, but considering that McGuire was giving good, sound advice to very young people, it would have been better if they would have added an affirmation, instead of a cowardly disclaimer.

This NBC news article (link) is further evidence of the looney mindset that has overtaken today's younger generation, and the need for normal adults to speak to kids, with normalcy, as Jim McGuire was admirably doing. Try not to get sick when reading this "article" >>>

The speech was divisive, offensive and inappropriate for a public school. End of story

I think he was out of line. The reason I think that is because I also think indoctrinating kids with all the LGBT dogma is ALSO out of line.

Schools should not be a place where cultural warriors do battle. It should be a place where our children are educated in Mathematics, Science, History, and all the rest of the ACTUAL subjects that schools should be teaching.
Yes, they should be that. But THEY HAVE NOT BEEN THAT. Instead, they have been CRT indoctrination factories, with Woke ideology being dumped on kids, including pro-homosexuality. McGuire's words were an antiseptic for that. When you have a would you treat it, not let infection grow worse.

Yes, they should be that. But THEY HAVE NOT BEEN THAT. Instead, they have been CRT indoctrination factories, with Woke ideology being dumped on kids, including pro-homosexuality. McGuire's words were an antiseptic for that. When you have a would you treat it, not let infection grow worse.
I have never been of the opinion that two wrongs make a right, myself.

I agree with you about the woke idiocy, but I think the better answer is for a return to professional standards, instead.

Either we keep sexuality out of the schools or we don't. You cannot have it both ways

I agree with this. I agree with the OP too in that Biblical principles are good life advice, but this is not the forum to give it. More general advice like "take care with those you choose as friends and loved ones" would have been fine if advice like this just HAD to be given.

Actually, the School administrations position was entirely reasonable your complaint isn't viable here.

Forum List

Back