Ohio Student Suspended for Staying in Class During Walkout

How dare that malcontent wish to learn rather than stage a useless protest that would make Mao and his Red Guards blush. Taxpayer funded schools have a duty to push political issues on impressionable kids! Make him an example, that'll show the little twerp he needs to stop thinking for himself.

Ohio student suspended for staying in class during walkouts

Retarded thread.

It says in the very first paragraph that he was suspended for not being in one of the two places he was supposed to be.

From your link, dope.

"HILLIARD, Ohio — An Ohio high school student says he tried to remain nonpolitical during school walkouts over gun violence and was suspended for a day because he stayed in a classroom instead of joining protests or the alternative, a study hall."

It had not a thing to do with the protest.

He's supposed to be in the classroom, as is his retarded teacher. Why was he supposed to be a at a political protest? That shit has no business being foisted on schoolchildren.

He wasn't where he was supposed to be, dope. Regardless of the reason.

You say that while alibiing the students who walk out of their classroom. Your hypocrisy reeks, pal

Why didn’t he just go to the study hall with the rest of the classmates that didn’t participate? What makes him so special?

Same reason his classmates didn't just sit in class and do their work: because he had a statement to make. Funny how the left only likes that when they've rubber-stamped the message in question.

He could have sat in class and done his work in the study hall with the rest of non-participating students. If he was suspended for solely not participating I would be on his side, but that wasn't the reason he was suspended. He made a choice and that choice has a consequence.
The protesters should’ve been suspended for being stupid in the head, the NRA is harmless...

Why did the teacher walk out of class? Teachers sign a contract to teach, not walk out of class to support student complaints. His father should contact an honest lawyer.
Teachers are responsible for supervising their students...most school districts make them give up their prep time between periods/classes to stand outside and supervise.

False equivalency to supervising students who walk out of their classroom in the middle of class. Not in a million years would you say that for kids walking out like they did for a conservative cause.

There are just left and right rules for you. There just are

'Ohio Student Suspended for Staying in Class During Walkout'

Indoctrination PROVEN!

The Principal and anyone else at the school who had a part in this should be charged with the crime of 'adding to the delinquency of a minor' and 'aiding and abetting to the Truancy of a student' at the least...

Why didn’t he just go to the study hall with the rest of the classmates that didn’t participate? What makes him so special?

Same reason his classmates didn't just sit in class and do their work: because he had a statement to make. Funny how the left only likes that when they've rubber-stamped the message in question.

You must mean like the world of NRA and Conservative talking points you live among. Really, me girl, you miss what your type does always, which is simply regurgitate talking points.
The NRA is harmless, what are you some type of pussy?

Yep. The teachers job was to be in the class teaching the one kid who wanted to be there. The rest should have suffered the consequences for leaving both in terms of discipline and material covered.

Leftists believe you should have the right to "protest," but you should not ever pay a price for that. If you don't pay a price, there's nothing brave about it, is there?

It's not that hard to apply in the schools here.

They are required to have lessons plans for the week submitted by start of business on Monday.
The lesson plans have to follow a certain structure and must be consistent with an applicable approved standard.

It is also easy to enforce.

Most administrators can conduct an impromptu observation for the record at any time.
If the administrator finds that the teacher is not teaching the required subject matter in accordance with their lesson plan ... The teacher will fail the observation.
If the teacher fails the observation ... It can result in circumstances that involve everywhere from remedial training on weekends to salary reduction.

Plainly put ... The teachers and the students simply don't run the schools here.
It really doesn't have anything to do with just this specific protest.
The school administration is simply identifying what their priorities/requirements always are.

Last edited:
How dare that malcontent wish to learn rather than stage a useless protest that would make Mao and his Red Guards blush. Taxpayer funded schools have a duty to push political issues on impressionable kids! Make him an example, that'll show the little twerp he needs to stop thinking for himself.

I haven't read the thread yet, but let me guess. The leftists are all up in arms and angry at the school system because this was supposed to be a voluntary, student lead protest, right?

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Leftists believing in choice, I crack myself up ...

Nope, this time the righty snowflakes are up in arms because a student got a days suspension for choosing to ignore the school rules.

You rightys are just as bad as the leftys

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

And I don't think you really understand what I'm talking about. I never said or suggested in any way that these kids should not be allowed to protest or march or anything. If you think I have then please, point me to the post you're referring to.

All I've been saying this whole time is that I don't think they should have had it during school hours. THAT...IS...IT.

Fine, you don't think they should have done it during school hours.

But they did it during school hours.

I mean, we could go through loads of things where people don't think protest should happen. If it were like this then protest wouldn't be effective.

A bunch of schools walk out of their home time to protest. Oh, who cares?

Who cares? The one kid who was unjustly punished because he wanted no part of the walkout either way.

You're never going to convince me that what they did to this kid was justified. The school created this situation or allowed it to happen and then they get their panties in a twist when one of them goes against the grain.

Part of protesting is getting the attention of those stupid mother fuckers who got elected to power. You have to pick and choose your times so they are INCONVENIENT for those people, otherwise it's not a protest.

It's quite simple.

This kid chose to express his opinion on the matter in his own way but it was INCONVENIENT for the school staff and so they punished him for it. Can you say "Double standard"?

Again, was it unjust? You don't have the information to make that call.

Double standards? Again, you don't have the information to make that call.

I have the same information you have so, until we get more info on the events leading up to the suspension, if you can assume it was justified, I can assume it wasn't.

Going strictly by the information we have, it sounds like the students organized the protest, that it would be political in nature as opposed to a memorial for the kids killed in Florida, and that the teachers either endorsed it or just went along. If that is the case, this means the school allowed the students to dictate the course of events and put the administration in a position where they then had to give the other kids the two choices as to joining the walkout or going to study hall.
Jacob Shoemaker was not comfortable with these choices because he felt that to do either one would be viewed as taking a stand on the issue and he didn't feel that was right. Plus, he got lots of kudos from other students but he also said a lot of them said nasty things about him such as that he was an awful person and a gun nut who cared nothing for the kids that were killed. This in spite of the fact that he chose to stay in the classroom rather than study hall.

Here is a video of an interview with him by Fox News.

Oh, he was uncomfortable with the choices. Many kids are uncomfortable with the choices that are made for them at school. Some go and get themselves suspended, others do what they're told.

Most of the choices made for the students are not political in nature so yes, he was uncomfortable with the choices and he was justified in feeling that way. And there's a difference between not wanting to take a test, where the only undesirable aspect is that one will have to do some work and study for it, and being placed in a position of having to choose a side on a political issue that may draw ire and antipathy from half the student body. That was his main concern and as it turns out, he was right. In spite of the fact that he chose to remain neutral and remain in the classroom, they still accused him of not caring for the students that were killed and called him all sorts of vile names.

Maybe those in charge of the school actually agree with the nature of the political protest. However there's nothing wrong with student input into school decisions.

If what some are saying is true, the school made no decisions other than to go along with the students' wishes. In other words, there was no "input" from the students, they and they alone decided what was to transpire.

Students should not be treated as merely drones.

Does that include those who do not wish to follow the crowd and bring politics to school?

Having students actively engage in politics, especially when they're going to be voters in 2,3 or 4 years time would appear to be the right thing to do.

It is the school's responsibility to educate the students on politics, that's it. There's nothing wrong with encouraging them to get involved, just encourage them to get involved in the community, not at school.

The video, this kid said "I didn't like that there was choice."

So, he made a choice, because he didn't like having to make a choice. What?

So he wanted to be told what to do, when told what to do, he refused to do it.

The he said "students should be able to make a choice and not be forced into a situation by the officials in their school"

Again, this kid is advocating NO CHOICE and CHOICE.

It's not that they made him make a choice, it's that they made him make a choice on a political issue that he felt had no business on school grounds. There's a difference.

There are distinctions here that you and most of those arguing on behalf of the school are overlooking. You make it look like it was just some punk kid being rebellious when you know that is not the case.

I'm not attacking this kid. He's a kid, he's been thrown on FOX and they're trying to make something out of this. He clearly hasn't thought about this properly and potentially he's hiding something. Still no blame for him. I'd do the same thing.

No one "threw him" on Fox, he had the choice to decline the interview. And your disagreeing with him is no indication that he hadn't thought about it properly. Also, it could be that "Potentially he's hiding something" but by the same token, he's potentially not hiding something.

The school responded by saying "we do not leave students unattended in classrooms"

So the school had no choice.

The school had the choice of stopping the walkout and allowing it to take place after school hours.

So it wasn't forcing him to make a political choice. If you're not participating in this thing, the default mode is "study hall", he decided this was a political thing when it wasn't.

Given that some of the ones who joined the walkout criticized him and called him "gun nut", I would say that they are the ones who made it a political thing. It was precisely this sort of thing he was trying to avoid when he chose to stay in class but, given the attitude of the pro-gun control crowd and a lot of other liberal minded people, no matter what else he may have done in regards to the walkout, as long as he didn't join the walkout, he's an uncaring,vile gun nut.

Fine, you don't think they should have done it during school hours.

But they did it during school hours.

I mean, we could go through loads of things where people don't think protest should happen. If it were like this then protest wouldn't be effective.

A bunch of schools walk out of their home time to protest. Oh, who cares?

Who cares? The one kid who was unjustly punished because he wanted no part of the walkout either way.

You're never going to convince me that what they did to this kid was justified. The school created this situation or allowed it to happen and then they get their panties in a twist when one of them goes against the grain.

Part of protesting is getting the attention of those stupid mother fuckers who got elected to power. You have to pick and choose your times so they are INCONVENIENT for those people, otherwise it's not a protest.

It's quite simple.

This kid chose to express his opinion on the matter in his own way but it was INCONVENIENT for the school staff and so they punished him for it. Can you say "Double standard"?

I have the same information you have so, until we get more info on the events leading up to the suspension, if you can assume it was justified, I can assume it wasn't.

Going strictly by the information we have, it sounds like the students organized the protest, that it would be political in nature as opposed to a memorial for the kids killed in Florida, and that the teachers either endorsed it or just went along. If that is the case, this means the school allowed the students to dictate the course of events and put the administration in a position where they then had to give the other kids the two choices as to joining the walkout or going to study hall.
Jacob Shoemaker was not comfortable with these choices because he felt that to do either one would be viewed as taking a stand on the issue and he didn't feel that was right. Plus, he got lots of kudos from other students but he also said a lot of them said nasty things about him such as that he was an awful person and a gun nut who cared nothing for the kids that were killed. This in spite of the fact that he chose to stay in the classroom rather than study hall.

Oh, he was uncomfortable with the choices. Many kids are uncomfortable with the choices that are made for them at school. Some go and get themselves suspended, others do what they're told.

Most of the choices made for the students are not political in nature so yes, he was uncomfortable with the choices and he was justified in feeling that way. And there's a difference between not wanting to take a test, where the only undesirable aspect is that one will have to do some work and study for it, and being placed in a position of having to choose a side on a political issue that may draw ire and antipathy from half the student body. That was his main concern and as it turns out, he was right. In spite of the fact that he chose to remain neutral and remain in the classroom, they still accused him of not caring for the students that were killed and called him all sorts of vile names.

Maybe those in charge of the school actually agree with the nature of the political protest. However there's nothing wrong with student input into school decisions.

If what some are saying is true, the school made no decisions other than to go along with the students' wishes. In other words, there was no "input" from the students, they and they alone decided what was to transpire.

Does that include those who do not wish to follow the crowd and bring politics to school?

Having students actively engage in politics, especially when they're going to be voters in 2,3 or 4 years time would appear to be the right thing to do.

It is the school's responsibility to educate the students on politics, that's it. There's nothing wrong with encouraging them to get involved, just encourage them to get involved in the community, not at school.

The he said "students should be able to make a choice and not be forced into a situation by the officials in their school"

It's not that they made him make a choice, it's that they made him make a choice on a political issue that he felt had no business on school grounds. There's a difference.

There are distinctions here that you and most of those arguing on behalf of the school are overlooking. You make it look like it was just some punk kid being rebellious when you know that is not the case.

I'm not attacking this kid. He's a kid, he's been thrown on FOX and they're trying to make something out of this. He clearly hasn't thought about this properly and potentially he's hiding something. Still no blame for him. I'd do the same thing.

No one "threw him" on Fox, he had the choice to decline the interview. And your disagreeing with him is no indication that he hadn't thought about it properly. Also, it could be that "Potentially he's hiding something" but by the same token, he's potentially not hiding something.

The school responded by saying "we do not leave students unattended in classrooms"

The school had the choice of stopping the walkout and allowing it to take place after school hours.

So it wasn't forcing him to make a political choice. If you're not participating in this thing, the default mode is "study hall", he decided this was a political thing when it wasn't.

Given that some of the ones who joined the walkout criticized him and called him "gun nut", I would say that they are the ones who made it a political thing. It was precisely this sort of thing he was trying to avoid when he chose to stay in class but, given the attitude of the pro-gun control crowd and a lot of other liberal minded people, no matter what else he may have done in regards to the walkout, as long as he didn't join the walkout, he's an uncaring,vile gun nut.

And we're still back where we started.

He chose to on Fox. Yeah, he thought going to a study hall would make it look like he's political, and he didn't want that, so he went on FOX NEWS.

Again, it doesn't add up.

He wants to have choices, but doesn't want to have choices.

He wants to be apolitical, but makes it political.

He's moaning about being suspended, and then defends the school, and attacks the school.

And what didn't he say? He didn't mention how they got him to leave the classroom. He left, he was suspended for the rest of the day. Why? Again, we don't know, and he doesn't say. Why? Because probably he did something wrong, maybe the school doesn't want the rest of the world to know what he did wrong. This boy knows, and he's not saying.

It's fishy.

Yep. The teachers job was to be in the class teaching the one kid who wanted to be there. The rest should have suffered the consequences for leaving both in terms of discipline and material covered.

Leftists believe you should have the right to "protest," but you should not ever pay a price for that. If you don't pay a price, there's nothing brave about it, is there?

It's not that hard to apply in the schools here.

They are required to have lessons plans for the week submitted by start of business on Monday.
The lesson plans have to follow a certain structure and must be consistent with an applicable approved standard.

It is also easy to enforce.

Most administrators can conduct an impromptu observation for the record at any time.
If the administrator finds that the teacher is not teaching the required subject matter in accordance with their lesson plan ... The teacher will fail the observation.
If the teacher fails the observation ... It can result in circumstances that involve everywhere from remedial training on weekends to salary reduction.

Plainly put ... The teachers and the students simply don't run the schools here.
It really doesn't have anything to with just this specific protest.
The school administration is simply identifying what their priorities/requirements always are.

Yep. I don't want pro-NRA demonstrations in schools either. It's not right to subject any kid to political pressure in a situation where it's not equal. Teachers pushing any political ideology in a government school is like when the President has sex with an intern. The power disparity makes it inappropriate, always

I haven't read the thread yet, but let me guess. The leftists are all up in arms and angry at the school system because this was supposed to be a voluntary, student lead protest, right?

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Nope, this time the righty snowflakes are up in arms because a student got a days suspension for choosing to ignore the school rules.

Takes a real mental midget to think kids should dictate school hours and activities to teachers.

Congrats.

And we're still back where we started.

He chose to on Fox. Yeah, he thought going to a study hall would make it look like he's political, and he didn't want that, so he went on FOX NEWS.

The walkout was organized by the Youth Empower branch of the Womens' March and was political from the start. The walkout was specifically done to call for a ban on assault weapons and other gun control measures. Do you not know this?

And what didn't he say? He didn't mention how they got him to leave the classroom. He left, he was suspended for the rest of the day. Why? Again, we don't know, and he doesn't say. Why? Because probably he did something wrong, maybe the school doesn't want the rest of the world to know what he did wrong. This boy knows, and he's not saying.

It's fishy.

If your only approach to this issue is "probably, maybe, could be, could have been...", you've already convinced yourself he's guilty and in the wrong.

Right, which is why you only criticize the right ever

Takes a real mental midget to think kids should dictate school hours and activities to teachers.

Congrats.

Thanks for calling yourself out, you are the snowflake whining about a kid getting a days suspension for doing just that

Congrats.

Thanks for calling yourself out, you are the snowflake whining about a kid getting a days suspension for doing just that

So you admit public funding was intentionally used to use kids as tools in your gun grabbing effort.

Keep digging, dumbass.

At least one school district with adults present.

A spokeswoman for South Carolina’s biggest school district explained Friday why the district marked students as having cut class if they attended the Wednesday walk-out.

Approximately 1,000 students from Greenville County Schools will be marked as having cut class during the gun control protests Wednesday, according to information obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation. The district schools around 77,000 students, reported The Associated Press.

“Walking out of a secure building at a highly publicized, designated time to call for greater gun control seemed to us to provide an easy target for someone in an unstable frame of mind,” Greenville County Schools spokeswoman Teri Brinkman told TheDCNF. “To have such an event occur at 34 locations across our district (middle and high school sites) stretched both district and law enforcement resources too thin for our comfort.”

Keep reading…

Congrats.

So you admit public funding was intentionally used to use kids as tools in your gun grabbing effort.

Keep digging, dumbass.

Nope. I admit public funding was used to teach kids about the 1st Amendment.

You know, that amendment you hate so very much.

Keep trying my little lefty!

Congrats.

And he doesn't think that either other than for leftist demonstrations. If it were an NRA rally, he'd suddenly grasp that teachers should not be using their power to push kids to demonstrate for their political views

Congrats.

It was the teacher's job to be in the classroom teaching class. It's not their job to use their power to intimidate all their students to demonstrate on behalf of the teacher's political views.

If it had been a right wing teacher for a right win cause, you'd suddenly get that.

Where was the teacher? Not doing their job. Yet not a peep from you on that. Nor on the abuse of power conducted by leftist government teachers.

A conservative kid? You're all get him!

Congrats.

And he doesn't think that either other than for leftist demonstrations. If it were an NRA rally, he'd suddenly grasp that teachers should not be using their power to push kids to demonstrate for their political views

Speaking from personal experience of my own son, a high school student, no teacher pushed the walkout and many punished kids for joining.

But FoxNews told you something different so you will eat it up like a good little sheep that you are

Forum List

Back