Ohio about to break unions; Bill passes house!

Who needs union protections anymore? The unions got laws passed that protect all workers from workplace abuse, we dont need the union now that we have labor laws.

We did need unions before though as things were bad.

Private sector unions = A-OK
Public Sector Unions= Not OK
Except private sector unions like the United Auto Workers union.

So you are saying that unions aren't needed any more because laws can NEVER be changed. :cuckoo:

Union membership has been in decline for decades, and yet we haven't seen a massive rolling back of legislation protecting workers, and most companies today understand the value of dedicated, educated and trained employees. I guess your attempt at fear mongering fell a wee bit short.
Just because it hasn't happened YET does not mean the CON$ haven't been trying. CON$ will always try to nibble away at workers rights any and all ways they can.

For example, one of Bush's nominations to the Court of Appeals has openly embraced a return to the Supreme Court's so-called 'Lochner' era. Under Lochner, laws the National Labor Relations Act which protects the right of workers to organize into unions and the Fair Labor Standards Act which includes the first minimum wage and bans child labor would be ruled unconstitutional.

Why don't we just OUTLAW all monies going to political parties, whether it be Union, Corporate, Lobbyist, and or Special Interest Groups?

But however, I DOUBT THATS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

Is there supposed to be a sucking sound when you hear the words "Merit" promotion?

Looks like Ohio may beat Wisconsin to the punch, as the Ohio Dems are man enough to show up and live up to their possible defeat rather than running like children.

Last night on the news, they said the Ohio bill was even worse for unions than the Wisconsin bill.

The Ohio bill passed the house, and is in the Republican controlled Senate, then to the Republican governor.

Games up boys. Unions are gonna slowly be dismantled. The massive influx of cash from unions to Democrat candidates will be severely cut off from these union break ups. Combined with the SCOTUS decision to allow corporations their freedom of speech to give to candidates, this spells doom for a lot of Democrats in future elections.

SOOOOO, THAT'S what this is ALL about, busting the unions and not the budget?

I think it is more up to the Unions to bust the WI government. Government cannot band the Union or stop contributions, the right of people to assemble as they wish. And they can end negotiations and collective bargaining, but the Union can still shut down government if they want. There are ways around the WI legislation. You could call the union an association, and go right back into business again. And with 61% of the people supporting collective bargaining, I don't see this lasting more than one gov.'s term, and the people will vote them out.

Slow-Play. I suspect those supporting this move by the Republican Party will backfire, for all of them in some way rely on local government employees at sometime. If the Walkerites prevail, in Wisconsin, Ohio and elsewhere expect that line at the dept of mortor vehicles to move slower, expect calls to city hall to be 'accidently' dropped. Need that permit issue for the bathroom remodel, need the inspector to sign off on some work so the project can be moved along?
"Oh, I'm so very sorry, the form had an incorrect zip code and we can't accept errors or crossouts, please complete this new form and then get in line six".
[A short time later]
"Oh, I'm sorry. Line six is for appeals, new applications are processed in line nine. Have a nice day"

you mean it can get worse?:lol:

Slow-Play. I suspect those supporting this move by the Republican Party will backfire, for all of them in some way rely on local government employees at sometime. If the Walkerites prevail, in Wisconsin, Ohio and elsewhere expect that line at the dept of mortor vehicles to move slower, expect calls to city hall to be 'accidently' dropped. Need that permit issue for the bathroom remodel, need the inspector to sign off on some work so the project can be moved along?
"Oh, I'm so very sorry, the form had an incorrect zip code and we can't accept errors or crossouts, please complete this new form and then get in line six".
[A short time later]
"Oh, I'm sorry. Line six is for appeals, new applications are processed in line nine. Have a nice day"

you mean it can get worse?:lol:

What he was pointing out was typical par for the course Gubmint buracracy...And thinks it's a new scheme.

Why don't we just OUTLAW all monies going to political parties, whether it be Union, Corporate, Lobbyist, and or Special Interest Groups?
Because this would violate the 1st amdendment.

Exactly...the battle belongs at the ballot box, and it makes a HUGE assumption that voters are educated, and EDUCATE themselves on the candidates.

Everywhere you look, the left is getting their balls kicked in.............

I'll admit that 2008 sucked the big one. But it was worth it to see this decimation of the ideology of the left!!!

Looks like Ohio may beat Wisconsin to the punch, as the Ohio Dems are man enough to show up and live up to their possible defeat rather than running like children.

Last night on the news, they said the Ohio bill was even worse for unions than the Wisconsin bill.

The Ohio bill passed the house, and is in the Republican controlled Senate, then to the Republican governor.

Games up boys. Unions are gonna slowly be dismantled. The massive influx of cash from unions to Democrat candidates will be severely cut off from these union break ups. Combined with the SCOTUS decision to allow corporations their freedom of speech to give to candidates, this spells doom for a lot of Democrats in future elections.

You guys are such sensationalist alarmists. The Bill does not break Unions, It does curtail some of their power, Especially in the Public Sector. But Break the Unions? Not even close.

Governments and Municipalities should not be signing long term contracts with Unions anyways, specially when half the time the people negotiating with the Unions, are in the back pocket.

Last edited:

I think it is more up to the Unions to bust the WI government. Government cannot band the Union or stop contributions, the right of people to assemble as they wish. And they can end negotiations and collective bargaining, but the Union can still shut down government if they want. There are ways around the WI legislation. You could call the union an association, and go right back into business again. And with 61% of the people supporting collective bargaining, I don't see this lasting more than one gov.'s term, and the people will vote them out.

s0n..........Ohio is going to be turned on its ear!!! Write it down........and k00ks like you lose. Everywhere you look, the far lefties are getting kicked in the balls.......and I cant stop laughing. Public employees whining is falling on deaf ears. Nobody cares while their local taxes are skyrocketing due to the fcukking free-loader greedy unions. Guys like Chris Christie are loved by regular Democrats in NJ and almost every independent voter = win.

The worm has turned..............2008 seems like 20 yeras ago now...........:fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu:

I'll admit that 2008 sucked the big one. But it was worth it to see this decimation of the ideology of the left!!!

It's beacuse these Statists thought they had free reign to run roughshod over everything...Do as they will...no responsibility...it was PARTY TIME on the TAXPAYER DIME...

They are finding that the Taxpayers are singing a different tune than they...and the Statists can't handle it.

They will continue to become unhinged as the real truth of how the people's rage shows it's face...

The Statists will feign ignorance, and portend to tell the taxpayer that they are wrong...

The Staists will pay for their arrogance.

It's beacuse these Statists thought they had free reign to run roughshod over everything...Do as they will...no responsibility...it was PARTY TIME on the TAXPAYER DIME...

They are finding that the Taxpayers are singing a different tune than they...and the Statists can't handle it.

They will continue to become unhinged as the real truth of how the people's rage shows it's face...

The Statists will feign ignorance, and portend to tell the taxpayer that they are wrong...

it's a classic case of over reaching and over estimating your Mandate.

The Dems and Obama started out governing as if they were elected by a massive sweeping majority. They forgot that 48.5% of the people didn't vote for them, and 60% didn't vote at all.

I think it is more up to the Unions to bust the WI government. Government cannot band the Union or stop contributions, the right of people to assemble as they wish. And they can end negotiations and collective bargaining, but the Union can still shut down government if they want.

So you like the idea of unions who represent a tiny Minority of the people having the power to hold Democracy hostage to their Will?

it's a classic case of over reaching and over estimating your Mandate.

The Dems and Obama started out governing as if they were elected by a massive sweeping majority. They forgot that 48.5% of the people didn't vote for them, and 60% didn't vote at all.

Liberals cant help themselves........they always over-reach, which is always a big zero because even if all things are perfect in their projections, the majority gets hosed.

In any case.........one thing is crystal clear: 2008 was an anomoly of epic proportions. Its not even debatable anymore. Might was well be set up in a glass case in some museum like a relic of a former era.

I think it is more up to the Unions to bust the WI government. Government cannot band the Union or stop contributions, the right of people to assemble as they wish. And they can end negotiations and collective bargaining, but the Union can still shut down government if they want.

So you like the idea of unions who represent a tiny Minority of the people having the power to hold Democracy hostage to their Will?

INdeed.......thats what the fringe k00ks never understand on this forum. They advocate for the fringe minority and talk about it in here like it is some kind of plurality. Its fascinating really...............

Because this would violate the 1st amdendment.

Exactly...the battle belongs at the ballot box, and it makes a HUGE assumption that voters are educated, and EDUCATE themselves on the candidates.

I guess that is why the Poll to keep collective bargaining has a 81% approval rate going. People are getting educated.

Unless of course it works, and then we are looking at re-election landslide.

Forum List

Back