Ohio about to break unions; Bill passes house!

of course it's about dismantling the democratic party.

funny, though, how it's the brainwashed losers who really need union protection who rail against them.

freaks and wingnuts.

I don't agree it's "Union busting" as it's simply not... However, if dismantling the Democrat party only takes getting rid of corruption then how is that a bad thing? Do you support Unions shifting hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars to a political party, even if that means next time that check goes to Republicans?

What is amazing is the fact that hundreds of millions of dollars can be spent from unions to buy politicians… Yet this money was suppose to go to the members of the union.

funny, though, how it's the brainwashed losers who really need union protection who rail against them.

freaks and wingnuts.

Who needs union protections anymore? The unions got laws passed that protect all workers from workplace abuse, we dont need the union now that we have labor laws.

We did need unions before though as things were bad.

Private sector unions = A-OK
Public Sector Unions= Not OK
Except private sector unions like the United Auto Workers union.

So you are saying that unions aren't needed any more because laws can NEVER be changed. :cuckoo:

freaks and wingnuts.

Who needs union protections anymore? The unions got laws passed that protect all workers from workplace abuse, we dont need the union now that we have labor laws.

So you are saying that unions aren't needed any more because laws can NEVER be changed. :cuckoo:

Any Union that has a monopoly will end badly. Any Union reciving Government money will probably end badly but when you mix a monopoly with Government money it will once again just flat out end badly.

When Unions can give (I hear) 400ish million of tax payer money to the Democratic party in a single year you can't honestly nod your had saying that is not corruption at it's finest... I mean, if they have 400 million to just give to the Dems what did they take for themselves???

For the record, I don't know where the number of 400million came from, I have tried looking but it's is not easy to find out what Public Unions gave to whom in any given election. My point is not the size of the number, it's where the money came from. Even if it was 1 million dollars or even 1 dollar it is money that was taken from tax payers, given to a union and then given to a politician... corruption on and in every level regardless of the amount of money used.

How about not collecting that money in taxes and lowering the tax rate?

Slow-Play. I suspect those supporting this move by the Republican Party will backfire, for all of them in some way rely on local government employees at sometime. If the Walkerites prevail, in Wisconsin, Ohio and elsewhere expect that line at the dept of mortor vehicles to move slower, expect calls to city hall to be 'accidently' dropped. Need that permit issue for the bathroom remodel, need the inspector to sign off on some work so the project can be moved along?
"Oh, I'm so very sorry, the form had an incorrect zip code and we can't accept errors or crossouts, please complete this new form and then get in line six".
[A short time later]
"Oh, I'm sorry. Line six is for appeals, new applications are processed in line nine. Have a nice day"
That's funny....And what makes you think the recalcitrant "workers" will not be fired and replaced for their insubordination?
While you union supporters think union members are somehow superior in ability, they are not. As such, everyone is replaceable.
How much patience do you think the public is going to have for public workers who are refusing to do their jobs? Answer? ZERO....
When I see comments such as yours advocating "slow downs" I have to laugh.
Any type of action such as this would certainly bring more disfavor and contempt for public workers.
It's a done deal.

Any Union that has a monopoly will end badly. Any Union reciving Government money will probably end badly but when you mix a monopoly with Government money it will once again just flat out end badly.

When Unions can give (I hear) 400ish million of tax payer money to the Democratic party in a single year you can't honestly nod your had saying that is not corruption at it's finest... I mean, if they have 400 million to just give to the Dems what did they take for themselves???
No union has a monopoly.

You, of course, "heard" wrong. Right wing estimates of all union, public and private, support for the Dems in the 2010 election were $170 million. CON$ervative corporate groups spent $300 million on TV ads for the GOP in 2010. So, I would guess, suddenly hundreds of millions of CORPORATE monopoly dollars going to the GOP is not "corruption at its finest," but free speech.

No union has a monopoly.

You, of course, "heard" wrong. Right wing estimates of all union, public and private, support for the Dems in the 2010 election were $170 million. CON$ervative corporate groups spent $300 million on TV ads for the GOP in 2010. So, I would guess, suddenly hundreds of millions of CORPORATE monopoly dollars going to the GOP is not "corruption at its finest," but free speech.

All 600,000 NJ public workers are union.....That's a monopoly.
Now, if there were non-union public employees in NJ along with union employees, you'd be correct.

Ohio about to break unions
How is this a Union busting bill?
Even WI is not a Union busting bill, why are you saying this?
Easy:
If you repeat a lie often enough, people willl accept it as truth.
So you are saying the OP is a liar!!!! :lol:

I'm saying the OP is incorrect, being why I said what I did... However, you are also incorrect and seem to support corruption as long as fits the criteria of anti-republican, a pretty low standard if you ask me.

No union has a monopoly.

I don't like either of it.

It does not chance the corruption just because the dollar amount is lower as I said.

Also it is in fact a monopoly in the case of WI in the public Union and sorry a corporation is not a monopoly, at least not in the same way. The Union is a monopoly because it forces it's members to join, again in the case of the Public Unions in WI.

If corporations receive Government money and in turn give some of it to political parties (both Dem and Rep, let’s be honest) then yes, that is corrupt as well.

Are you supporting Unions corruption but upset that corporations do it?

I like not having a double standard, I would hope you would like that moral standard as well.

Also, and I didn't read all of it as I just don't care all that much. http://www.seattlepi.com/opinion/379678_campaignfundsonline19.html

" Obama has helped to change the direction of corporate giving. By late July, the political action committees of American companies had contributed almost $214 million to the Democrats and Republicans. For the first time in over two decades, the cash was evenly divided: Each party received roughly $107 million. "

You say "CON$ervative"

How would you do DEMo$$$crat? I have no Idea, I guess it's not as catchy, but just as true ...

Last edited:

freaks and wingnuts.

Thats RIGHT!!! We crashed the markets on purpose to bankrupt the states and give them a reason to bust up the unions. Now we're doing it. And winning!!!!:muahaha:

Looks like Ohio may beat Wisconsin to the punch, as the Ohio Dems are man enough to show up and live up to their possible defeat rather than running like children.

Last night on the news, they said the Ohio bill was even worse for unions than the Wisconsin bill.

The Ohio bill passed the house, and is in the Republican controlled Senate, then to the Republican governor.

Games up boys. Unions are gonna slowly be dismantled. The massive influx of cash from unions to Democrat candidates will be severely cut off from these union break ups. Combined with the SCOTUS decision to allow corporations their freedom of speech to give to candidates, this spells doom for a lot of Democrats in future elections.

SOOOOO, THAT'S what this is ALL about, busting the unions and not the budget?

Looks like Ohio may beat Wisconsin to the punch, as the Ohio Dems are man enough to show up and live up to their possible defeat rather than running like children.

Last night on the news, they said the Ohio bill was even worse for unions than the Wisconsin bill.

The Ohio bill passed the house, and is in the Republican controlled Senate, then to the Republican governor.

Games up boys. Unions are gonna slowly be dismantled. The massive influx of cash from unions to Democrat candidates will be severely cut off from these union break ups. Combined with the SCOTUS decision to allow corporations their freedom of speech to give to candidates, this spells doom for a lot of Democrats in future elections.

No, it's about ending corruption and balancing a budget that would inevitably end with the loss of benefits and jobs for huge amounts of Public sector employees...

I don’t care what anyone says, Republican, independent or Democrat… Prove it’s Union busting or stfu and just watch the show as you’re just adding to the noise.

No, it's about ending corruption and balancing a budget that would inevitably end with the loss of benefits and jobs for huge amounts of Public sector employees...

I don’t care what anyone says, Republican, independent or Democrat… Prove it’s Union busting or stfu and just watch the show as you’re just adding to the noise.

Well, that's not what BUCS SAID now is it? His rant was on busting the unions cause of who they might donate to in elections....

Well, that's not what BUCS SAID now is it? His rant was on busting the unions cause of who they might donate to in elections....

So you can't prove it's about Union busting, meaning it does not matter what he or anyone says. And thank you for adding to the pointless noise.

So you can't prove it's about Union busting, meaning it does not matter what he or anyone says. And thank you for adding to the pointless noise.

my post was not directed at you or whatever you have said on this Avory...it was directed to Bucs, who made the comments. You chimed in on your own....

No union has a monopoly.

All 600,000 NJ public workers are union.....That's a monopoly.
Now, if there were non-union public employees in NJ along with union employees, you'd be correct.
BULLSHIT!

There are non-union public employees in NJ.

freaks and wingnuts.

Union membership has been in decline for decades, and yet we haven't seen a massive rolling back of legislation protecting workers, and most companies today understand the value of dedicated, educated and trained employees. I guess your attempt at fear mongering fell a wee bit short.

Slow-Play. I suspect those supporting this move by the Republican Party will backfire, for all of them in some way rely on local government employees at sometime. If the Walkerites prevail, in Wisconsin, Ohio and elsewhere expect that line at the dept of mortor vehicles to move slower, expect calls to city hall to be 'accidently' dropped. Need that permit issue for the bathroom remodel, need the inspector to sign off on some work so the project can be moved along?
"Oh, I'm so very sorry, the form had an incorrect zip code and we can't accept errors or crossouts, please complete this new form and then get in line six".
[A short time later]
"Oh, I'm sorry. Line six is for appeals, new applications are processed in line nine. Have a nice day"

you mean it will get worse! ?

Forum List

Back