Oh, the ends of the spectrum can be so comically similar!

Aw, I'm so sorry. How about one with over 2,300 responses? Enjoy, from 2014!

More economic GOOD News...DOW hits new record..on track to hit 17K.

And what made you think this thread was about YOU?

:laugh:

It's about everyone and you thinking you're somehow above the partisan bickering, the great center. You're not. Carry on.

I agree that some of the so called centrist and libertarians live to tell us that they’re better than us
The fact is that those of us who don't belong to a tribe are getting our asses kicked by the wingers.

Communication and cooperation, two things that used to be considered good, are now frowned upon.

Okay, good luck.

I think you said it yourself that most Americans are above fringe partisan politics. So what’s the problem?
Well, there are two problems.

First, the angriest & loudest have the most influence. The calmest and most reasonable have the least.

Second, this cancer appears to be metastasizing, spreading all over our culture, even into sports.

So it's feeding on itself and there's little that can be done about it, other than hoping that some people get over themselves and wake up.

Well I agree that everything is being politicized more than ever and the fringe get all the attention, but to most people it’s still white noise playing in the background

WOW! A whopping 4 page thread with about a dozen participants. Hardly a sample large enough to base ANY CONCLUSIONS on. Some times in your attempt to appear morally superior to the rest of us, all you show is your ignorance. OH! And no, I wasn't a participant in that thread. Enjoy.

It's about everyone and you thinking you're somehow above the partisan bickering, the great center. You're not. Carry on.

I agree that some of the so called centrist and libertarians live to tell us that they’re better than us

It is hard to be humble when surrounded by partisan sheep

Right, you libertarians are the only free thinkers. I know so because you guys tell me all the time

Well, it is hard to be a free thinker when you have sold your soul to a political party.

The fact is that those of us who don't belong to a tribe are getting our asses kicked by the wingers.

Communication and cooperation, two things that used to be considered good, are now frowned upon.

Okay, good luck.

I think you said it yourself that most Americans are above fringe partisan politics. So what’s the problem?
Well, there are two problems.

First, the angriest & loudest have the most influence. The calmest and most reasonable have the least.

Second, this cancer appears to be metastasizing, spreading all over our culture, even into sports.

So it's feeding on itself and there's little that can be done about it, other than hoping that some people get over themselves and wake up.

Well I agree that everything is being politicized more than ever and the fringe get all the attention, but to most people it’s still white noise playing in the background
I hope so. What worries me is that it appears to be spreading.

WOW! A whopping 4 page thread with about a dozen participants. Hardly a sample large enough to base ANY CONCLUSIONS on. Some times in your attempt to appear morally superior to the rest of us, all you show is your ignorance. OH! And no, I wasn't a participant in that thread. Enjoy.

Well yes, I am above partisan bickering. As are many Americans.

Unfortunately, you kids are convinced that you and your tribes have all the answers, and you're drowning the adults out.

Congrats on that, I guess.

ROFLMFAO

Okay, good luck.

Yeah, that's why the last commie presidential candidate said there can be no civility until they gain more power. The fact is the commies are pissed that all the shit they shoved down our throats in the maobama 8 years is going away. They are singing the Alinsky mantra, by any means necessary. That's not the fringe unless you think the c-bitch is the fringe.

Yeah, that's why the last commie presidential candidate said there can be no civility until they gain more power. The fact is the commies are pissed that all the shit they shoved down our throats in the maobama 8 years is going away. They are singing the Alinsky mantra, by any means necessary. That's not the fringe unless you think the c-bitch is the fringe.
Wow, cool talk radio talking points!

That rocked! Dittos!

Benghazi! Benghazi!

:rock:

Last edited:
So the market takes a dump today (down over 800 points) and the predictable happens: The left wingers are thrilled and the right wingers are ignoring it.

Want some fun? Here's a thread from January 2016: Dow loses 1500 points in 10 days under Obama

Take a good look through that thread, and see how similar the two ends can be.

Come on, partisans, be honest: Is anything you say supposed to be taken seriously, or is this just a big game and no one told me?

So people who are in political blogs find things to create topics. So what?

And when the market goes back up, people on the right will be gloating.

The market is a system of knee-jerk and correction. Been that way for many decades with the exception of major events like the housing or tech collapse.

It's just like when a new poll comes out favoring one side or the other. Simply something to talk about is all.

Wow, cool talk radio talking points!

That rocked! Dittos!

Benghazi! Benghazi!

:rock:

Don't listen to talk radio unless I'm in the truck, and that might be a broken up couple of hours every few days. Here's the Alinski rules, any ring any bells in current events?

1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
11. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

Saul Alinsky's 13 Tried-and-True Rules for Creating Meaningful Social Change | Open Culture

Forum List

Back