Oh, the ends of the spectrum can be so comically similar!

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
So the market takes a dump today (down over 800 points) and the predictable happens: The left wingers are thrilled and the right wingers are ignoring it.

Want some fun? Here's a thread from January 2016: Dow loses 1500 points in 10 days under Obama

Take a good look through that thread, and see how similar the two ends can be.

Come on, partisans, be honest: Is anything you say supposed to be taken seriously, or is this just a big game and no one told me?

:laugh:

I'm never thrilled when the Dow tanks. Ever.

In fact, I even said today that I hope the pseudocons will one day soon be able to start a new topic about Trump putting the Dow over 26,000 like they did the last time.

The joke has been on us, the US people, since 1998, when the Dems and GOP agreed to a joint kleptocratic cease-fire. Since then, the US debt has gone from $5 tril to $21 tril, and the media hasn't even noticed after whining for years about much smaller deficits under Reagan...

Its just a hack fest. Thats all. The techs took a hit. The next major correction will wipe out world currencies and the new world currency, ie digital exchange....insert form here, rfid, insertion, will arise.

So the market takes a dump today (down over 800 points) and the predictable happens: The left wingers are thrilled and the right wingers are ignoring it.

Want some fun? Here's a thread from January 2016: Dow loses 1500 points in 10 days under Obama

Take a good look through that thread, and see how similar the two ends can be.

Come on, partisans, be honest: Is anything you say supposed to be taken seriously, or is this just a big game and no one told me?

WOW! A whopping 4 page thread with about a dozen participants. Hardly a sample large enough to base ANY CONCLUSIONS on. Some times in your attempt to appear morally superior to the rest of us, all you show is your ignorance.

OH! And no, I wasn't a participant in that thread. Enjoy.

WOW! A whopping 4 page thread with about a dozen participants. Hardly a sample large enough to base ANY CONCLUSIONS on. Some times in your attempt to appear morally superior to the rest of us, all you show is your ignorance. OH! And no, I wasn't a participant in that thread. Enjoy.
Aw, I'm so sorry. How about one with over 2,300 responses? Enjoy, from 2014!

More economic GOOD News...DOW hits new record..on track to hit 17K.

And what made you think this thread was about YOU?

WOW! A whopping 4 page thread with about a dozen participants. Hardly a sample large enough to base ANY CONCLUSIONS on. Some times in your attempt to appear morally superior to the rest of us, all you show is your ignorance. OH! And no, I wasn't a participant in that thread. Enjoy.

It's about everyone and you thinking you're somehow above the partisan bickering, the great center. You're not. Carry on.

It's about everyone and you thinking you're somehow above the partisan bickering, the great center. You're not. Carry on.

I agree that some of the so called centrist and libertarians live to tell us that they’re better than us

Well yes, I am above partisan bickering. As are many Americans.

Unfortunately, you kids are convinced that you and your tribes have all the answers, and you're drowning the adults out.

Congrats on that, I guess.

I agree that some of the so called centrist and libertarians live to tell us that they’re better than us
The fact is that those of us who don't belong to a tribe are getting our asses kicked by the wingers.

Communication and cooperation, two things that used to be considered good, are now frowned upon.

Okay, good luck.

It is hard to be humble when surrounded by partisan sheep

The fact is that those of us who don't belong to a tribe are getting our asses kicked by the wingers.

Communication and cooperation, two things that used to be considered good, are now frowned upon.

Okay, good luck.

I think you said it yourself that most Americans are above fringe partisan politics. So what’s the problem?

It is hard to be humble when surrounded by partisan sheep

Right, you libertarians are the only free thinkers. I know so because you guys tell me all the time

Okay, good luck.

I think you said it yourself that most Americans are above fringe partisan politics. So what’s the problem?
Well, there are two problems.

First, the angriest & loudest have the most influence. The calmest and most reasonable have the least.

Second, this cancer appears to be metastasizing, spreading all over our culture, even into sports.

So it's feeding on itself and there's little that can be done about it, other than hoping that some people get over themselves and wake up.

Unfortunately, you kids are convinced that you and your tribes have all the answers, and you're drowning the adults out.

And snooty about it, too.

And snooty about it, too.
Funny how perceptions work.

From my perspective, people like me are getting our butts kicked.

Forum List

Back