Oh No! The attack is postponed!

S

smirkinjesus

Oh, so sad.... we may have to actually wait for a few days before even more people die. I was so ready to get a bag of butter popcorn and sit down for the night with my foxnews to watch for any cool reports of peoples' deaths that don't effect me personally. It's so cool to hear all the statistics. I sure do love and support those troops of ours! Go team!

smirkinjesus said:
Oh, so sad.... we may have to actually wait for a few days before even more people die. I was so ready to get a bag of butter popcorn and sit down for the night with my foxnews to watch for any cool reports of peoples' deaths that don't effect me personally. It's so cool to hear all the statistics. I sure do love and support those troops of ours! Go team!

Nah, only hours:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20040812/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

EXCERPT:

U.S., Iraqi Forces Launch Najaf Offensive

31 minutes ago

By TODD PITMAN, Associated Press Writer

NAJAF, Iraq - Explosions and gunfire echoed across the holy city of Najaf on Thursday, as the U.S. military and Iraqi forces launched a full-scale assault to crush a weeklong uprising by militiamen loyal to radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.

Thousands of U.S. troops were taking part in the offensive, which began with the cordoning off of the revered Imam Ali shrine, its vast cemetery and Najaf's Old City.

"Major operations to destroy the militia have begun," said U.S. Marine Maj. David Holahan, executive officer of the 1st Battalion, 4th Marines Regiment.

The assault was expected to be led by Iraqi forces — many of whom have only minimal training — in an effort to ease anger from Iraq (news - web sites)'s Shiite majority if the offensive damages the shrine where many insurgents have taken refuge.

The offensive risks inflame Iraq's Shiite majority — including those who do not support the uprising — if it targets the shrine. The U.S. military said Wednesday it was holding joint exercises with Iraqi national guardsmen in preparation for the planned assault.

Taking the shrine itself was not the objective, Holahan said, "but it might be."

smirkinjesus said:

Before you show your IQ with another of these posts, you might want to keep in mind that there are some people that have family and friends over there. Not everyone that far removed from it.

smirkinjesus said:
'

What crawled up you ass and died? It's obvious by the name you have given yourself,you like to start trouble and get people upset-no? Did you ever think that people that watch Fox news may just want to be informed becuase they care about what's going on in our world? Have some consideration for people with family over there as well . Thanks.

smirkinjesus said:

It's obvious that you don't have dozens of friends and your former Army unit in Iraq right now, dumbass! :finger: :321:

smirkinjesus said:

Come on man, be a little more sensitive than that..

to lighten the mood, some comic relief on why the original invasion kept getting delayed! http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/index.html?uc_full_date=20040314

Democrat4Bush said:
I really have lost all respect for Doonesbury. I actually think MM has taken over the strip.

You don't like Doonesbury because making fun of right wing hypocrisy is like shooting fish in a barrel. Bush & Co. supply plenty of cannon fodder for Garry Trudeau.

Nope, that's not it.

It's when he made the reference to Dr Rice as brown sugar. It was a cheap shot and pretty damn racist.(but since he's a lib he got away with it)

Trudeau is just another lamb in Moore's flock.

Now go back to your F9/11 tape and :wank:

Democrat4Bush said:
Nope, that's not it.

It's when he made the reference to Dr Rice as brown sugar. It was a cheap shot and pretty damn racist.(but since he's a lib he got away with it)

Trudeau is just another lamb in Moore's flock.

Now go back to your F9/11 tape and :wank:

Actually, that one is pretty funny.
http://www.insignificantthoughts.com/index.php?p=120
Here's a link for everyone to enjoy. It's even on a Conservative message board with similarly disgusted & offended Conservatives like yourself. Silly reason to hate doonsebury because of one comic. Limbaugh makes rascist comments all the time, don't be so sensitive.

smirkinjesus said:
Actually, that one is pretty funny.
http://www.insignificantthoughts.com/index.php?p=120
Here's a link for everyone to enjoy. It's even on a Conservative message board with similarly disgusted & offended Conservatives like yourself. Silly reason to hate doonsebury because of one comic. Limbaugh makes rascist comments all the time, don't be so sensitive.

Give me an example of a racist limbaugh comment.

freeandfun1 said:
Give me an example of a racist limbaugh comment.

Oh here's a few, it would probably take me a few days to compile every Limbaugh's every Racist comment. A quick search of the web netted 6 right away.....

"Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

'When Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL) was in the U.S. Senate, the first black woman ever elected to that body, Limbaugh would play the "Movin' On Up" theme song from TV's "Jeffersons" when he mentioned her. Limbaugh sometimes still uses mock dialect -- substituting "ax" for "ask"-- when discussing black leaders'

He called the father of Madonna's first child, a Latino, a "a gang-member type guy" -- an individual with no gang background.

They are 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?"

Oh here's a few, it would probably take me a few days to compile every Limbaugh's every Racist comment. A quick search of the web netted 6 right away.....

How is that a racist remark? Your assumption that the caller is black can be considered racist itself.

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

Not racist if true. Black commit most of the crimes so they will likely make up most of the wanted posters. DOH!

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

1992 Riots blacks rioted against Korean liquor store owners even though they had nothing to do with the Rodney King trial. Again, fits the situation and therefore, not racist.

'When Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL) was in the U.S. Senate, the first black woman ever elected to that body, Limbaugh would play the "Movin' On Up" theme song from TV's "Jeffersons" when he mentioned her. Limbaugh sometimes still uses mock dialect -- substituting "ax" for "ask"-- when discussing black leaders'

Rush uses "axe" all the time. Not just when talking about "black leaders".

Furthermore, two black Americans, Sherman Hemsley and Isabel Sanford, were the key characters in that show. So how is playing a theme song that trumpeted the advances of black Americans racist? If one takes your position, the entire show must have been racist.

He called the father of Madonna's first child, a Latino, a "a gang-member type guy" -- an individual with no gang background.

Not sure what you are talking about here, as I don't know the context of the conversation, but for fun, I will give ya that one.

And how is that racist?

You are grasping at straws. Sad.

freeandfun1 said:

How is that a racist remark? Your assumption that the caller is black can be considered racist itself.

Not racist if true. Black commit most of the crimes so they will likely make up most of the wanted posters. DOH!

1992 Riots blacks rioted against Korean liquor store owners even though they had nothing to do with the Rodney King trial. Again, fits the situation and therefore, not racist.

Rush uses "axe" all the time. Not just when talking about "black leaders".

Furthermore, two black Americans, Sherman Hemsley and Isabel Sanford, were the key characters in that show. So how is playing a theme song that trumpeted the advances of black Americans racist? If one takes your position, the entire show must have been racist.

Not sure what you are talking about here, as I don't know the context of the conversation, but for fun, I will give ya that one.

And how is that racist?

You are grasping at straws. Sad.

I started to respond to this.....but I thought better of it, recognizing the utter lameness of those responses might only make it appear I consider any of them even remotely legitimate. The only think I will say is that the caller in the 1st one was black. People never cease to amaze me. ciao.

smirkinjesus said:

Typical. Kathianne hands you your ass on that first piece of garbage you dropped so you switch to another topic.

It is tedious in the extreme to read the stupid, thoughtless excrement you post. Grow up. It is embarrassing to think that someone like you is an American. It is scary to think that a fool like you might be old enough to vote.

Bottle um up in the Mosque, then flood the area with tear gas and wait um out! They won't last a week.

Wade.

Forum List

Back