Iran Is Threatening

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well since no one picked up the thread for Iran, I will. Interesting just to watch how far the Euros will go with this:

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/08/11/wiran11.xml

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I didn't reply to it because the thoughts of what is LIKELY to happen from all this is scary. It amazes me HOW WE ALL sit here not realizing how close this world is to MAJOR conflict. I really do think that Iran is going to be a flash-point very soon and frankly, it scares the shit outta me!

We cannot sit by and let them get nukes. If we do, they will blackmail us as sure as taxes and death.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

I share your fears. What really troubles me though, how long can Europe keep giving into this type of nonsense? Do they truly believe that talking about this stuff, when handed those kinds of demands, is going to stop the certain path Iran is marching down?

4. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Agree in all respects. They see themselves now on the brink of being a "major" player and that is indeed very scary.

We are not just close to MAJOR conflict - it is here; it is just a matter of how far it escalates and when.

I was following a thread on another site that is implying pretty much the same thing. I believe this entire thing to bring with it some very dire circumstances.

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    The Euroweenies have a history of appeasment and once again, it is going to come back to bite them in the butt.

I hope this does not explode into a nuclear conflict, but I am afraid it will. I cannot even believe I am saying that, but it is the truth. It seems as if the majority of the nation is ignorant on this matter.

6. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Seems as though the launch went off without a hitch http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040811/D84D3MEO0.html

I bet my next paycheck they have a weapon to put on that missle and it is not conventional.

They want to be the FIRST to hit Israel and test the world's resolve. Hell they don't care, it is all in the name of their fanatacism and allah.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree with that too. Oh god, it will be nightmares for sure tonight.

8. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
  9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Great source. FYI if you click the # at top right of post, it creates a direct link, so you don't have to cruise through the whole thread. :dance:

10. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Naw, the French and Germans are in their hip pockets or should I say turbans. These two countries will try and weasle and appease.

If your sarcasm was meant the other way, then I agree - but even if you spoke it to them in their own tounge, they would not understand.