Oh My Ohio

What ever happened to the days of voting absentee, because you were out of state, or going to the poll and voting on election day? Why do we have to have early voting? Seems just another area where corruption can sneak in.........

why do you NOT like making it easy to vote?

why should we make it harder for Americans to vote?

what the fuck is gained by ANYONE with fewer Americans voting?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw]Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube[/ame]

oh yeah Goo Goo mutherfuckers

why do you NOT like making it easy to vote?

why should we make it harder for Americans to vote?

what the fuck is gained by ANYONE with fewer Americans voting?

I am a volunteer driver on election day. Both parties have my home phone number and can call me on election day to pick up any American to take to the polls. But only on election day..... I voted Absentee for many many years, Now that I am home I make it a habit to be one of the first at the polls on election day and also make sure the workers have everything they need, Like coffee and supplies for said coffee...

And the village votes about 75% Democrat.... Doesn't matter as long as they vote...Once.... Oh we also have a village Bus that makes hourly trips from the local High Rise (What we can the section 8 building in town) to the polls a half mile away.....All day long on election day.... If someone wants to vote they are able to do so.... They don't have to be pulled out from under a park bench and given a hot cup of coffee and a sandwich so they will go get registered and vote as they are told to...... And yes it happens....

Gee, why WOULD someone want to cast their vote before the first debate?

This is the epitome of stupidity...hence something TM LOVES!

Gee, why WOULD someone want to cast their vote before the first debate?

This is the epitome of stupidity...hence something TM LOVES!

Because the people they want to vote early (and often) are already positively Obama voters... they have always voted Democrat and always will......

Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures!

Romney and his GOP cohorts need all the help they can get!

Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures!

Romney and his GOP cohorts need all the help they can get!

President Obama 4.3 All polls show Obama leading

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

President Obama 265 Governor Romney 191

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

Florida...29 electorial votes......President Obama...3.2.....10 polls, Obama leads in 8

North Carolina........15 electorial votes...President Obama..1.1......6 polls, Obama leads in 5

Virginia........13 electorial votes.......President Obama..3.7......7 polls, Obama leads in all

Colorado......9 electorial votes........President Obama....2.9.....6 polls, Obama leads in 5

Iowa.........6 electorial votes......President Obama...3.7........6 polls, Obama leads in 4

Nevada......6 electorial votes......President Obama....3.8.....6 polls, Obama leads in 5

With the present numbers, the President only had to win one of these states to win.

If they are Democratic districts, how is it that the Republicans are restricting hours when they don't control the board of elections?

I am quite capable of reading... And identifying hypocrisy.

If you read it, then you must've seen this...

If the debate plays out as it has in Ohio’s other major urban counties, it likely will result in a 2-2 tie vote by board members, with Democrats in favor of extending voting hours and Republicans opposed.

That would place the question before Secretary of State Jon Husted, a Republican who over the past several weeks has consistently sided with GOP elections board members elsewhere in casting tie-breaking votes against extending voting hours during the weeks leading up to the Nov. 6 election.[...]

In Southwest Ohio, elections boards in traditionally Republican Butler and Warren counties have approved special night and weekend voting hours from early October through Nov. 1.

Because Democrats did not oppose the idea, there were no tie votes to submit to Husted, leaving those early voting plans intact.

Voting time a partisan battle | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Excellent post! I'm still waiting for an answer to this as well from him :eusa_think:

Okay, kiddies, this is how it went down:

Husted shut down ALL early voting.

Then there were complaints about Ohio soldiers not getting extended hours and absentee ballots. The early voting was reinstated for the soldiers.

Then the wingnuts claimed that the left wanted to shut down early voting for the military, sfter the left just restored the military's early vote.

Then the decision for ealy voting went to each County Board of Elections Commission, 2 democrats and 2 republicans on each board. The democrats all voted yes for extended hours, the republicans voted no - except for the ones in largely republican counties.

Instead of extending hours across the state as he should have, Husted only extended hours in republican counties. He was ordered to either extend voting statewide, or cut it statewide.

The whole state can vote early.

However, polls in democratic counties only have 1 or 2 booths, so it takes longer to get voters through the line, clearly an attempt to suppress voting.

Why do the republitards have to cheat? There's still Florida, after all...oh, wait...

Forum List

Back