Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

Twitter VIDEO

upload_2020-1-30_22-42-25.png

What a coincidence though, that this virus breaks out in the same city in China where there is a biological germ lab. They blame it on bat soup or snake meat, which these people have been eating for centuries. I'm not buying that it came from the "food" (if that is what you call bat soup) that they have eaten.

Wuhan, China's coronavirus epicentre, has SARS and Ebola lab | Daily Mail Online

China built a lab to study SARS and Ebola in Wuhan - and US biosafety experts warned in 2017 that a virus could 'escape' the facility that's become key in fighting the outbreak
  • The Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory is the only lab in China designated for studying dangerous pathogens like SARS and Ebola
  • Ahead of its January 2018 opening, biosafety experts and scientists from the US expressed concerns that a virus could escape the lab
  • In 2004, a SARS virus 'leaked' from a lab in Beijing
  • Experts say the coronavirus that's infected more than 800 people mutated in animals and became capable of infecting humans at the Wuhan seafood market
  • But a 2017 article warned of the unpredictability of lab animals that scientists at the Wuhan lab intended to inject with viruses

The way the Chinese tortures animals they have it coming.

Yeah, they are pretty disgusting in that way. They are very strange anyways. I worked at a salon at a mall years ago, and they used to come in there all the time. It was a big tourist site. They would bus them in on tour buses from Boston, so they could spend all of their money at the mall. Most of them were very socially awkward and weird. I even had older Chinese men come in who would refuse to talk to me. My manager told me it was because I was a female. Lol! I would walk right up and get in their face and be like "hello, I work here! Can I help you with something?" :D

"The US on Thursday reported its first case of human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China. ."

I have some numbers for us that I find disturbing -- I use Reuters numbers on the new coronavirus.
'Do not travel to China', says U.S. as virus deaths reach 213

Exactly two weeks ago there were 17 deaths reported and 600 confirmed cases. All in China.

It's been two weeks and today there are 213 deaths out of 9800 confirmed cases, the deaths still all in China, but now dozens of countries have some cases, and some of them are local transmission cases.

The thing about the 9800 cases figure is that SARS had a world total of around 8400+( round down to 8000 and 800 deaths for easy remembering), over nine months. (Nov. 2002 through July 2003, when it ended) But it has only been two weeks since figures started to be reported, and the numbers of confirmed Wuhan coronavirus infected people is already WAY over the total SARS number infected. True, the death rate is lower: 10% for SARS (very high, as diseases go) and 2.2% for Wuhan coronavirus. But look at the time span: nine months for SARS to get to 800 dead, and two weeks for Wuhan to get to 200 dead. How long before this new disease kills more than SARS? I'm predicting one more week, but I could be wrong, it could be ten days or two weeks.

"Normal" influenza kills one per thousand infected in the United States. This disease is killing at a rate of 22 per thousand infected. If you assume 100 million catch this disease in the United States, multiply by 2.2% and you get a figure that I won't put down here, as it's scaremongering and speculation, but other people are doing this kind of elementary arithmetic and that may explain the 400-point plunge of the Dow today and VIX at 18.

Last edited:
I think this disease can be fought off in the developed countries. It will require pretty careful quarantine measures. Probably we should cooperate with these.

It is hopeless in the undeveloped countries, such as Africa. The WHO said the same yesterday, more tactfully. What that means to us is that the disease could bounce back and forth for long time as people travel to and from areas with freely infecting virus. That would put a burden on the countries trying to quarantine against the disease, and would have big effects on the economy, at least of the underdeveloped countries, probably generally.

People are now talking on TV about whether the health systems will lose control of this virus. That is indeed the question. The Spanish Flu was the most uncontrolled disease in history, because there was incredible censorship about any news that it was going on at all, along with massive troop movements in many, many countries. That's not happening now: China is locked down and we have very robust quarantines. So I am hopeful that the systems will be able to control this disease and drive it to extinction as we did with SARS.

How many people died from the flu in 2019?

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...is-a-bigger-threat-to-the-us-than-coronavirus

The overall numbers are more for influenza, but you know it’s not the same.

It’s like comparing a mass shooting to auto accident deaths.
Not really. They are both viruses. The Flu is much more lethal and pandemic than this Coronavirus. I think we are worried about nothing.

How many people died from the flu in 2019?

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...is-a-bigger-threat-to-the-us-than-coronavirus

The overall numbers are more for influenza, but you know it’s not the same.

It’s like comparing a mass shooting to auto accident deaths.
Not really. They are both viruses. The Flu is much more lethal and pandemic than this Coronavirus. I think we are worried about nothing.

I am not worried about catching it and dying. I am worried about the virus affect the Chinese making all of our shit.

I get conspiracies and all, but when you’re eating literal SHIT and call it “delicate cuisine” you’re bound to get sick.

Forum List

Back