Ocean Warming Accelerating Quicker than Thought

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
Scientists say the warming of the world’s oceans is accelerating more quickly than previously thought, a finding with dire implications for climate change because almost all of the heat trapped by greenhouse gases ends up stored in oceans.

A new analysis, published Thursday in the journal Science, found that the oceans are heating up 40 percent faster on average than a United Nations panel estimated five years ago. The researchers also concluded that ocean temperatures have broken records for several straight years.

“2018 is going to be the warmest year on record for the Earth’s oceans,” said Zeke Hausfather, an energy systems analyst at the independent climate research group Berkeley Earth and an author of the study. “As 2017 was the warmest year, and 2016 was the warmest year.”

As the planet has warmed, the oceans have provided a critical buffer, slowing the effects of climate change by absorbing 93 percent of the heat trapped by human greenhouse gas emissions. But the escalating water temperatures are already killing off marine ecosystems, raising sea levels and making hurricanes more destructive.

Ocean Warming Is Accelerating Faster Than Thought, New Research Finds
***********************************************************************************************************

Just more evidence of the undeniable, irrefutable, uncontestable, indisputable, incontrovertible and unquestionable proof of global warming.

The usual suspects will come here and tell us not to believe our lying eyes or to deny the overwhelming scientific evidence of climate change.

They will spout the same shit I have heard for the past 50 years starting with the clean air and water acts and going through tobacco, acid rain and cfcs, i.e the science is unsettled, it will destroy industry, etc. One thing all these opponents of these laws had in common was that these obstructionists were all proved wrong as they are today.

Remember do not vote for anyone any one that denies the science of climate change. Future generations are depending on you.

Last edited:
Earth has been warming and cooling for a LONG time. Settle down spaz.

What an idiotic comment. Never this fast. Get an education.
:laugh:

Global Warming: Media Ignore Sharp Drop In Global Temperatures Over Past Two Years
So you respond to my link with an opinion piece. My link was to a recent scientific analysis of rising ocean temperatures. You respond with an opinion piece from 8 months ago. Wow..

I guess I have to remind you we live on one planet and we have no where to go once we fuck it up. You'd think that would be obvious...

Global Warming: Media Ignore Sharp Drop In Global Temperatures Over Past Two Years
So you respond to my link with an opinion piece. My link was to a recent scientific analysis of rising ocean temperatures. You respond with an opinion piece from 8 months ago. Wow..

I guess I have to remind you we live on one planet and we have no where to go once we fuck it up. You'd think that would be obvious...
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Little Ice Age and 20th-century deep Pacific cooling

Faked data, fudged numbers....LOL Ocean "trapped" the heat LOL

LOL

How does atmospheric heat get trapped in the oceans?

I guess you have yet to read the story from your own link. It dealt with deep ocean currents not surface currents which are warming at an accelerating rate.:flameth:

Last edited:

I guess you have yet to read the story from your own link. It dealt with deep ocean currents not surface currents which are warming at an accelerating rate.:flameth:
I guess you didnt read the link because they use surface temps to determine deep temps.

Theoretical, not confirmed as the opening post has.

LOL

The oceans absorb the CO2 which in turn heats it up which also increases the oceans' acidification.

LOL

The oceans collect heat from land and air that circulate against it. Also the sun shines on it and heats the CO2 that has been increasing in it.

LOL

The oceans collect heat from land and air that circulate against it. Also the sun shines on it and heats the CO2 that has been increasing in it.

You could have just said, "I have no fucking idea"
You can say you have no idea, I do know what is happening.

No, you don't. You just accept whatever the fuck the Cult tells you no matter how fucking ridiculous.

I once asked the Cult how much more energy it takes to heat an equal volume of water compared to air and the answers varied from 70 to 3,000 times the energy. That said, again, please explain how atmospheric CO2 is warming water, much less down to 700m

The idea just makes no sense!!

Thank you

Forum List

Back