Obomination: U.S. Water Bills To Triple...

I've got my own wells, yes "wells" as in two, pumping out some of the best water on earth. It costs me the electricity to run the pump. One of the perks of living out in the sticks.

We installed a pump that will operate manually should the electricity fail. Even though we have solar/wind generation systems, at some time in the future batteries my become scarce.

I've got my own wells, yes "wells" as in two, pumping out some of the best water on earth. It costs me the electricity to run the pump. One of the perks of living out in the sticks.

We installed a pump that will operate manually should the electricity fail. Even though we have solar/wind generation systems, at some time in the future batteries my become scarce.
There are systems out there that you can buy that would take care of it...

this is a good point to make, as you must drill and maintain your own water supply, which is the cost offset by not being on a water main. so it is a viable solution if it is available to you. although for many people this is not a reality since living in suburbia rally doesnt allow for a water well in your back yard.

FYI

I think you can have a well, even in the suburbs.....the top cap is only an 8 inch round pipe that is maybe a foot and a half out of the ground and people put small wood structures, maybe 3 x 3 foot, 4 feet high around them that look like old fashion miniature Wishing Wells to make them look pretty.

It's a matter of whether the home owner HAS drinking water available directly below their own property lines and how deep are they willing to have it drilled, to reach it.

Most homes in older established neighborhoods had wells....they are probably still on the properties, capped and buried. When i was a child, in the 70's, our home had a well but then city water and city sewer came in and I believe my parents had to pay for a tax assessment of a few thousand dollars to have the house hooked up to it....but THEY HAD A CHOICE....they could have stayed with their own well and septic system if they wanted and couldn't afford to pay the tax assessment to get it hooked up....

More bad news: U.S. water bills to triple.

First high gas prices, now water. A shocking new report about the nation's crumbling drinking water system says that Americans should expect their bills to double or triple to cover repairs just to keep their faucets pouring. That means adding up to $900 a year more for water, nearly equal the amount of the newly extended payroll tax cut.

Fixing and expanding underground drinking water systems will cost over $1 trillion in the next 25 years and users will get socked with the bill, according to the American Water Works Association...

What kind of stress? Families can expect to pay at least $300-$550 more for water in taxes and fees just to keep their current systems operating. Add growth and improved systems, and that bill jumps to $900 for a family of three, said the report.

More bad news: U.S. water bills to triple | Washington Examiner
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Thank goodness we had a stimulus with all those "shovel ready" jobs, can you imagine what it would cost without all the money already "invested" thru "stimulus"?

There are places where water rights, as well as mineral rights, belong to the government. My parents lived in Carson City, NV. They had a well on their property, but the city did not know it. They were still charged to connect to city water. A friend of mine in New Mexico only had water rights on his property because he owned it before those rights reverted to government.
Surface rights are considered separately from subsurface in most places. Even my farm in AK. I own all surface rights, as well as a right to mine gravel. But should gas or oil be discovered under my property, all bets are off.

The shovel ready job we need is to shovel the crap out of congress.
But you know what? We are the ones that can do that.
But somehow we keep career and even dynastical running things.

Elect all Jews to cut out the pork?
;)

First high gas prices, now water. A shocking new report about the nation's crumbling drinking water system says that Americans should expect their bills to double or triple to cover repairs just to keep their faucets pouring. That means adding up to $900 a year more for water, nearly equal the amount of the newly extended payroll tax cut.

Fixing and expanding underground drinking water systems will cost over $1 trillion in the next 25 years and users will get socked with the bill, according to the American Water Works Association...

What kind of stress? Families can expect to pay at least $300-$550 more for water in taxes and fees just to keep their current systems operating. Add growth and improved systems, and that bill jumps to $900 for a family of three, said the report.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Man, you have got to be the biggest hack on the entire board. Infrastructure is vital in delivering potable water to citizens. Millions of US citizens live in areas where water HAS to be brought in via infrastructure. Infrastructure has to be updated or repaired from time to time so that it stays in working order. And yes, it costs money. Please tell me how it's Obama's fault that this country's infrastructure has been neglected for decades.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to actually answer the question. Now be a good hack and give me your usual "Obamabot is crashing, needs to reboot" deflection.

You really have to fucking love when people just don't see the hypocrisy of complaining that the government spends too much, while simultaneously complaining that the government doesn't spend enough...

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Man, you have got to be the biggest hack on the entire board. Infrastructure is vital in delivering potable water to citizens. Millions of US citizens live in areas where water HAS to be brought in via infrastructure. Infrastructure has to be updated or repaired from time to time so that it stays in working order. And yes, it costs money. Please tell me how it's Obama's fault that this country's infrastructure has been neglected for decades.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to actually answer the question. Now be a good hack and give me your usual "Obamabot is crashing, needs to reboot" deflection.

It is Obamas fault for the same reasons that GW was guilty of increasing highway funds that dems called a cut.

Its a bitch isnt it?

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

It is Obamas fault for the same reasons that GW was guilty of increasing highway funds that dems called a cut.

Its a bitch isnt it?
huh? doesn't seem the same? can you explain how you see it relating Full?

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Its a bitch isnt it?

The "they did it too" argument that is usually only used by 10 yr olds? Not a bitch for me; though it might be a bitch for you once voters finally realize that all Republicans have is petty divisiveness and nothing of substance to offer.

Don't just take my word for it; ask Jeb Bush.

“I used to be a conservative, and I watch these debates and...I don’t think I’ve changed,” Bush said during an appearance Thursday, according to reports.

“But it’s a little troubling sometimes when people are appealing to people’s fears and emotion,” he said, “rather than trying to get them to look over the horizon for a broader perspective, and that’s kind of where we are.”

“I think it’s important for the candidates to recognize though they have to appeal to primary voters, and not turn off independent voters that will be part of a winning coalition,” said the former governor of Florida, according to reports.

Read more: Jeb Bush bashes Republican presidential field for stoking

Democrat Dummies will probably blame DA BOOOOOSH when they're Water Bills triple. They're soo damn dumb.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Well you are an Obama-Bot, but i'll try to answer anyway. They could have upgraded the infrastructure a long time ago. Where did all the Taxpayer Cash go all those years? Now it's suddenly a 'Crisis', and Taxpayers will see their water Bills triple in cost? Why didn't they work on the infrastructure when they were taking in all that Tax Revenue in the past? This will be a huge burden on struggling American Families. As usual, the Taxpayer will be punished for inept & corrupt Big Government. It just isn't right.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

How many "stimulus" packages "to pay for the infrastructure" are we supposed to fall for? Now he wants to promote algae fuel as a way to embezzle more tax dollars to his personal wealth. How many will be voting for him, knowing how corrupt he is?

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

How many "stimulus" packages "to pay for the infrastructure" are we supposed to fall for? Now he wants to promote algae fuel as a way to embezzle more tax dollars to his personal wealth. How many will be voting for him, knowing how corrupt he is?

Big Government = Fuck You Taxpayer! It is very sad but it is what it is.

Big Government = Fuck You Taxpayer! It is very sad but it is what it is.

Same for any corporation that is too big to fail.

Its a bitch isnt it?

The "they did it too" argument that is usually only used by 10 yr olds? Not a bitch for me; though it might be a bitch for you once voters finally realize that all Republicans have is petty divisiveness and nothing of substance to offer.

Don't just take my word for it; ask Jeb Bush.

“I used to be a conservative, and I watch these debates and...I don’t think I’ve changed,” Bush said during an appearance Thursday, according to reports.

“But it’s a little troubling sometimes when people are appealing to people’s fears and emotion,” he said, “rather than trying to get them to look over the horizon for a broader perspective, and that’s kind of where we are.”

“I think it’s important for the candidates to recognize though they have to appeal to primary voters, and not turn off independent voters that will be part of a winning coalition,” said the former governor of Florida, according to reports.

Read more: Jeb Bush bashes Republican presidential field for*stoking

This President is the most devisive President in the history of our country:
whites against blacks
rich against middle class
legal citizens against illegal citizens
student against taxpayers
society suckers against society producers
Christians against muslims
Christians against intellectual elites
Mexicans against blacks
Mexicans against whites
homosexuals against traditionalists
dems against republicans
Hollywood elites against rednecks
etc, etc, etc

The President is the one that is "dictating" how people should act/behave/eat/exercise, and the willing sheep accuse the republicans of doing what the President already did. Just shut your eyes tighter and say "I believe".

Forum List

Back