Obomination: U.S. Water Bills To Triple...

I don't see the problem CONZ have with this.
After all industry is COMPETING with individuals for water and if people can't afford water and corporations can, then that's just the market and government shouldn't get involved, right?

Municipalities havent had any problem charging you and I for water but couldnt put any aside for improvements. Anything to protect those government wages.

Interesting how Big Government stooges never seem to have enough Taxpayer Cash huh? $16 Trillion in Debt, yet we still have infrastructure problems. Gee, go figure? Now they're demanding more Tax Dollars? Well sorry, no-can-do. The Taxpayers are broke. Let them get their House in order first, before demanding more Tax Dollars. Not one red cent till that happens. Period, end of story.

This breaks down to so many different agencies all with the same attitude.

My water bill comes every month. I am charged a flat rate up until I exceed the number of gallons. No discount if I was on vacation etc. Penalized if I had visitors.

The social system, isnt it great. Spend all the money and cry when its gone.

Municipalities havent had any problem charging you and I for water but couldnt put any aside for improvements. Anything to protect those government wages.

Interesting how Big Government stooges never seem to have enough Taxpayer Cash huh? $16 Trillion in Debt, yet we still have infrastructure problems. Gee, go figure? Now they're demanding more Tax Dollars? Well sorry, no-can-do. The Taxpayers are broke. Let them get their House in order first, before demanding more Tax Dollars. Not one red cent till that happens. Period, end of story.

My water bill comes every month. I am charged a flat rate up until I exceed the number of gallons. No discount if I was on vacation etc. Penalized if I had visitors.

Boy, you really nailed that one. They rape the Taxpayers all those years and don't even bother to update the infrastructure in the process. And now they're demanding more Tax Dollars. Big Government at its finest. :(

Boy, you really nailed that one. They rape the Taxpayers all those years and don't even bother to update the infrastructure in the process. And now they're demanding more Tax Dollars. Big Government at its finest. :(
municipalities are controlled at the local level, not the federal level.

Yeah, you said that already. Big Government stooges have infested the local level as well.

Yeah, you said that already. Big Government stooges have infested the local level as well.
riiigghhttt, are you sure your tin hat is on straight? you might be getting a bad signal

All those trillions used to bail out foreign banks, foreign aid to terrorists, union bailouts, and cash to Obama campaign donors was well spent.

Government at any level is wasteful because they treat it like it's monopoly money.

Water is a mostly local issue. However, one thing Obama can effect is the price of utilities through ridiculous regulations.

QE1 and 2 used to shrink the dollar thus driving up the cost of everything.

Russia must love Obama.

Last edited:
More bad news: U.S. water bills to triple.

First high gas prices, now water. A shocking new report about the nation's crumbling drinking water system says that Americans should expect their bills to double or triple to cover repairs just to keep their faucets pouring. That means adding up to $900 a year more for water, nearly equal the amount of the newly extended payroll tax cut.

Fixing and expanding underground drinking water systems will cost over $1 trillion in the next 25 years and users will get socked with the bill, according to the American Water Works Association...

What kind of stress? Families can expect to pay at least $300-$550 more for water in taxes and fees just to keep their current systems operating. Add growth and improved systems, and that bill jumps to $900 for a family of three, said the report.

More bad news: U.S. water bills to triple | Washington Examiner
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I don't see the problem CONZ have with this.
After all industry is COMPETING with individuals for water and if people can't afford water and corporations can, then that's just the market and government shouldn't get involved, right?

The largest wasters of fresh water is golf courses and car washes. Now bitch about it to them. most water supplies are not controlled by the Feds, it is the state or local affiliates. it is a private enterprise in the town next to where I live. Tyson's and other chiken corp farms are ruining the water in the rivers.

Gotta love Big Government. They rape the Taxpayers all those years and don't even bother to upgrade the infrastructure. Now suddenly, they must have more Tax Dollars to upgrade that infrastructure. It's another 'Crisis.' So what did they do with all that cash all those years? Average Americans will be hurt very badly when their Water Bills triple in cost. What a mess. Thank you Big Brother, may i have another? :(

Gotta love Big Government. They rape the Taxpayers all those years and don't even bother to upgrade the infrastructure. Now suddenly, they must have more Tax Dollars to upgrade that infrastructure. It's another 'Crisis.' So what did they do with all that cash all those years? Average Americans will be hurt very badly when their Water Bills triple in cost. What a mess. Thank you Big Brother, may i have another? :(
how about you get on the board of you local water district and change something then. instead of complaining that other people arent doing the job well enough.

how about you get on the board of you local water district and change something then. instead of complaining that other people arent doing the job well enough.

Gee, brilliant advice there Obama-Bot nutter. No one's ever thought of that one. Time to reboot brainiac. :cuckoo:

Gee, brilliant advice there Obama-Bot nutter. No one's ever thought of that one. Time to reboot brainiac. :cuckoo:
so are you doing something about it? or are you just gonna continue to complain?

if youre not doing something about it :anj_stfu:

so are you doing something about it? or are you just gonna continue to complain?

More than you dummy. You're actually dumb enough to celebrate your Water Bill tripling in cost. And that's exactly what makes you a silly Obama-Bot. Have a nice day. :)

More than you dummy. You're actually dumb enough to celebrate your Water Bill tripling in cost. And that's exactly what makes you a silly Obama-Bot. Have a nice day. :)
my water bill hasnt tripled, so i can celebrate it being the same. wanna complain some more?

Water is the responsibility of the local authorities. And in many cities it is still a private utility.

The deal is, the Feds are sucking up all the money, the local governments can't raise taxes because the people won't let them as they see so much money going to places like sensitivity training and the like.

One of the issues here is that Portland has to totally redo the city sewer system to replace the old one in order to comply with pollution issues.

So while part of the problem is mandated federal fixes, if the local authorities are feckless about repair, it is the local authorities who should face the wrath of the voters for being unwise with the spending. It really isn't a federal matter

:clap2:^This. But the FEDS want it to be.

All those trillions used to bail out foreign banks, foreign aid to terrorists, union bailouts, and cash to Obama campaign donors was well spent.

Government at any level is wasteful because they treat it like it's monopoly money.

Water is a mostly local issue. However, one thing Obama can effect is the price of utilities through ridiculous regulations.

QE1 and 2 used to shrink the dollar thus driving up the cost of everything.

Russia must love Obama.

^This too. :clap2:

Fughing partisan hack. Explain how this is the current president fault.

FTA-Fixing and expanding underground drinking water systems will cost over $1 trillion in the next 25 years and users will get socked with the bill, according to the American Water Works Association.

As with most infrastructure investments, spending heavily now means less costs down the road. But with little appetite in the country for even trickling taxes now, a delayed and more expensive fix is almost guaranteed. The association figures that spending to fix leaky water systems will double from roughly $13 billion a year today to $30 billion annually by 2040.

"Because pipe assets last a long time, water systems that were built in the later part of the 19th century and throughout much of the 20th century have, for the most part, never experienced the need for pipe replacement on a large scale," said the report provided to Washington Secrets. "The dawn of an era in which the assets will need to be replaced puts growing stress on communities that will continue to increase for decades to come."

You know, at some point it really doesn't matter where the fault lies for the beginning of a problem. The fault lies in those who refuse to allow the problem to be solved by those willing and able to solve it.

Forum List

Back