Obomination: U.S. Water Bills To Triple...

More bad news: U.S. water bills to triple.

First high gas prices, now water. A shocking new report about the nation's crumbling drinking water system says that Americans should expect their bills to double or triple to cover repairs just to keep their faucets pouring. That means adding up to $900 a year more for water, nearly equal the amount of the newly extended payroll tax cut.

Fixing and expanding underground drinking water systems will cost over $1 trillion in the next 25 years and users will get socked with the bill, according to the American Water Works Association...

What kind of stress? Families can expect to pay at least $300-$550 more for water in taxes and fees just to keep their current systems operating. Add growth and improved systems, and that bill jumps to $900 for a family of three, said the report.

More bad news: U.S. water bills to triple | Washington Examiner
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Man, you have got to be the biggest hack on the entire board. Infrastructure is vital in delivering potable water to citizens. Millions of US citizens live in areas where water HAS to be brought in via infrastructure. Infrastructure has to be updated or repaired from time to time so that it stays in working order. And yes, it costs money. Please tell me how it's Obama's fault that this country's infrastructure has been neglected for decades.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to actually answer the question. Now be a good hack and give me your usual "Obamabot is crashing, needs to reboot" deflection.

Well you are an Obama-Bot, but i'll try to answer anyway. They could have upgraded the infrastructure a long time ago. Where did all the Taxpayer Cash go all those years? Now it's suddenly a 'Crisis', and Taxpayers will see their water Bills triple in cost? Why didn't they work on the infrastructure when they were taking in all that Tax Revenue in the past? This will be a huge burden on struggling American Families. As usual, the Taxpayer will be punished for inept & corrupt Big Government. It just isn't right.
local utilities use their money for more than just "infrastructure" improvements. water utilities must provide safe drinking water through filtration and testing. this costs money. as new structures are built, existing systems must be expanded adding new line to provide initial service. water utilities must find new sources of water or drill deeper as wells run dry or water table change.

electrical utilities must increase power generation to account more homes and businesses. new lines must be run both above ground and below ground to account for new construction.

sewer utilities must treat water so that its safe to use for irrigation purposes or to be dumped back into the earth. they must built new sewer lines to account for new construction.

all of this must be paid for along with infrastructure upgrades for old existing systems. there is also the biggest expense which is people to maintain them and provide services to the general public.

most of this has to be done at the lowest price while providing basically a 100% services at all time. name any other business that has to accomplish that and you would understand that being a utility provider is not as easy as you think.

First high gas prices, now water. A shocking new report about the nation's crumbling drinking water system says that Americans should expect their bills to double or triple to cover repairs just to keep their faucets pouring. That means adding up to $900 a year more for water, nearly equal the amount of the newly extended payroll tax cut.

Fixing and expanding underground drinking water systems will cost over $1 trillion in the next 25 years and users will get socked with the bill, according to the American Water Works Association...

What kind of stress? Families can expect to pay at least $300-$550 more for water in taxes and fees just to keep their current systems operating. Add growth and improved systems, and that bill jumps to $900 for a family of three, said the report.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Man, you have got to be the biggest hack on the entire board. Infrastructure is vital in delivering potable water to citizens. Millions of US citizens live in areas where water HAS to be brought in via infrastructure. Infrastructure has to be updated or repaired from time to time so that it stays in working order. And yes, it costs money. Please tell me how it's Obama's fault that this country's infrastructure has been neglected for decades.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to actually answer the question. Now be a good hack and give me your usual "Obamabot is crashing, needs to reboot" deflection.

How many "stimulus" packages "to pay for the infrastructure" are we supposed to fall for? Now he wants to promote algae fuel as a way to embezzle more tax dollars to his personal wealth. How many will be voting for him, knowing how corrupt he is?

How many will vote for him, regardless of his obvious and egregious corruption, just because he's (half) black?

It is Obamas fault for the same reasons that GW was guilty of increasing highway funds that dems called a cut.

Its a bitch isnt it?

The "they did it too" argument that is usually only used by 10 yr olds? Not a bitch for me; though it might be a bitch for you once voters finally realize that all Republicans have is petty divisiveness and nothing of substance to offer.

Don't just take my word for it; ask Jeb Bush.

“I used to be a conservative, and I watch these debates and...I don’t think I’ve changed,” Bush said during an appearance Thursday, according to reports.

“But it’s a little troubling sometimes when people are appealing to people’s fears and emotion,” he said, “rather than trying to get them to look over the horizon for a broader perspective, and that’s kind of where we are.”

“I think it’s important for the candidates to recognize though they have to appeal to primary voters, and not turn off independent voters that will be part of a winning coalition,” said the former governor of Florida, according to reports.

Read more: Jeb Bush bashes Republican presidential field for*stoking

This President is the most devisive President in the history of our country:
whites against blacks
rich against middle class
legal citizens against illegal citizens
student against taxpayers
society suckers against society producers
Christians against muslims
Christians against intellectual elites
Mexicans against blacks
Mexicans against whites
homosexuals against traditionalists
dems against republicans
Hollywood elites against rednecks
etc, etc, etc

The President is the one that is "dictating" how people should act/behave/eat/exercise, and the willing sheep accuse the republicans of doing what the President already did. Just shut your eyes tighter and say "I believe".

You are either with us or for the terrorists.
Bring em on.

Obama's main dividing factor among many is his skintone.

How many "stimulus" packages "to pay for the infrastructure" are we supposed to fall for? Now he wants to promote algae fuel as a way to embezzle more tax dollars to his personal wealth. How many will be voting for him, knowing how corrupt he is?

How many will vote for him, regardless of his obvious and egregious corruption, just because he's (half) black?

how many will vote for the other half?

How many will vote for him because of partisanship?

And this is different from the right wing in what way?
No half black candidates on that side? Oh I see now.
YOu already dropped the only black candidate.

how many will vote for the other half?

How many will vote for him because of partisanship?

And this is different from the right wing in what way?
No half black candidates on that side? Oh I see now.
YOu already dropped the only black candidate.

Not my choice. Cain was (and still is) my favorite for the office, of those who volunteered. His major attraction was the fact that he's been a successful businessman and is not a career politician. I've listened to his radio show and like what he has to say. I do not believe that the bimbo eruption that nixed his campaign is anything more than a ploy by the opponents most threatened by his bid for the office. That he thought enough of his family to decide not to put them through the bullshit mill only heightens the esteem I hold him in. Too bad, he'd have made one helluva AMERICAN president.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®
Pauli for sometime now THIS IS HAPPENING WORLD WIDE,it's not just an American problem,could I ask you who owns your Water Corporations and are some FOREIGN OWNED????steven:cool:

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Well you are an Obama-Bot, but i'll try to answer anyway. They could have upgraded the infrastructure a long time ago. Where did all the Taxpayer Cash go all those years? Now it's suddenly a 'Crisis', and Taxpayers will see their water Bills triple in cost? Why didn't they work on the infrastructure when they were taking in all that Tax Revenue in the past? This will be a huge burden on struggling American Families. As usual, the Taxpayer will be punished for inept & corrupt Big Government. It just isn't right.

Right, they could have updated the infrastructure years ago; but they didn't. That much I knew. The question I asked was, how is this Obama's fault? By the way, I do find it ironic that in the very thread that you started, bitching about the cost of repairing and updating the infrastructure, you're now complaining that 'they' didn't spend the money to fix the infrastructure fast enough. :lol::lol::lol: You're not too consistent.

Last edited:

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

The algae - or bio - fuel that Republicans used to support before Obama supported it? The bio-fuel that is indeed a viable alternative to fossil fuel? The bio-fuel that big oil has been working on for years? :eusa_whistle:

Another victory for Voodoo/Neocon idiocy...What, me worry?
Franco your critique of America,makes very depressing reading,in view of the fact you have had nearly 200 years of Capitalism.....................................it is a very poor inditement of how poorly your country has been run over time.......for the most powerful economy in the world you were given a great hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but you played your cards pathetically,reading your comments I thought you might be referring to Nigeria.steven. yep 1st world country(still) but 3rd world wages

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

You are an idiot. The federal government doesn't supply drinking water.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Actually they do supply money for water projects.
And they do have laws on drinking water quality.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

correct, but the fed doesnt build and maintain water infrastructure was the point.

correct, but the fed doesnt build and maintain water infrastructure was the point.

Exactly. There are plenty of things to disagree with about Obama's policy. Most of what the government has or more truely has not accomplished during Obama's adminitration has more to do with GOP obstruction just for obstructions sake than anything Obama has had any direct control over. When I see titles like "Obamination" it just points to the willfull ignorance of the OP when the topic has NOTHING to do with Obama.

I swear ..when these idiots get a hangnail they send a hate e-mail off to Pennsylvania Avenue.

I am fully aware that the government is involved in clean water standards and rightfully demands that to get matching funds localities must meet minimum safe drinking water levels.

The REAL problem is that the new GOPers take no responsibility for anything. The maintanance of the infrastructure has been talked about to nausium for as long as I can remember. When that bridge in Minnisota collapsed there was a recent spike in the conversation..but the GOP refuses to participate in critical repair and construction trying to make certain sectors of the country fail thereby making it appear in their feeble minds that Obama is somehow failing. What they do is place their ideology and hack political agenda above the serious needs of our country.

There are millions of jobs to be had for doing what HAS TO BE DONE yet they cry like little bitches when the bill comes.

Here is a plan for all you selfish "self reliant" pricks. Stop using our roads. Stop drinking our water. There should be a manditory sticker placed on the vehicles and homes of people that vote for the new republicans. If their cars are seen on our highways they should have their fucking cars confiscated.. If they turn on their sprinklers a squad of "firemen" should come by and burn their fucking houses to the ground...no water needs be wasted.

Last edited:

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

OK. Libertarian, what are you suggesting? That the government start a major infrastructure program? And we pay for that how? Who are you going to raise taxes on to get that job done? You are aware that such programs cost a lot of money?

So what you are stating is that it is unfair that the person using the clean water should not be the person that pays for it? Is that a Libertarian ideal?

Scientists and local governments have been warning for a couple of decades about this problem. But it was so much more fun to use tax moneys for invading nations that posed no danger to us. The three trillion that Iraq will end up costing us would have gone a long way toward solving this problem for the whole nation.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

That's what happens when you ignore infrastructure needs for decades at a time....

No, that's what happens when politicians expropriate money allocated for maintenance to pay for the exorbitant retirement benefits of government employees.

Don't worry, water will be given out along with other forms of government patronage.

If it weren't for the government, we'd all be drilling our own wells, and still using outhouses.

You're an idiot.

There are numerous private water and sewage system. The house my parents live in was supplied by a private water company until the government took it over. The minute that occurred, their water bill tripled.

I don't see the problem CONZ have with this.
After all industry is COMPETING with individuals for water and if people can't afford water and corporations can, then that's just the market and government shouldn't get involved, right?

Only Marxist morons buy the theory that everything bad or stupid the government does is the fault of private corporations

the size of government has expanded more under GOP leadership than under Dem leadership. deficit spending has also ballooned more under GOP leadership than Dem leadership.

budget_deficit_or_surplus.gif

Obamas went up as a result of trying to stop a depression, what was the excuse of Reagan and the Bush's?

Horseshit. Democrats controlled Congress when most of the spending occurred:

obama-deficit-20101+congress.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back