Obesity is NOT beautiful! :(

Of course I'm not the only one who isn't obese. Don't be ridiculous. While there are a lot of fat people, there are still thin (or average sized) people too.

Okay. When fighting an epidemic, the key is usually the antibodies of the very few that survive. What is your antibody here?

I don't know what you mean. Just don't overeat is all! And get some exercise.

Same as what I do. Even without exercise, not overeating would already save Americans from obesity. What makes them crave overeating? An African told me that frequent hunger in childhood leads to gluttony, but America is not Africa and there is no national hunger. What is the secret for the American craving?

Because when you eat too much, then your stomach grows and it takes more and more food to fill it up. So people who are fat or overweight get hungry more often and will eat more food than an average person.

Yes but I think it is worse. For example, even the expensive and popular gastric bypass surgery fails to stop the remission of obesity even after reduction of active stomach volume.

I think it is like Americans are transferred to be attached to a line of constant food train, and getting off that line is unacceptable for them.

Well, they have to stick to their diets, which isn't always easy for them. Overeating is a bad habit like smoking. When you are used to eating certain kinds of food and so much food and have been doing so for years, then it becomes more difficult to change those bad habits.

It's lifestyle, you want to lose weight, change what you eat, how much you eat, why you eat and what you do.

This is even more interesting. So 75 % percent of Americans want to choose the lifestyle of ugliness. And now they Americanize the entire world. Is it too late for us to start building our zombie survival fortress here in France?

41% of the French 17 year olds smoke cigarettes, France has a high percentage of alcoholics. The French are rude and don't use deodorant, that is disgusting. I'd rather deal with pleasant obese people than drunk, foul smelling rude asshole who reeks of cigarette smoke.

Lol! Well being smelly is surely worse than being overweight! :lol: I don't have anything personal against overweight people or fat people. I've had chubby and fat friends too, like anyone else. I just think that this should not be encouraged by some plus sized model. So she is one of the very few fat people who got a modeling gig. This is not going to be a reality for most overweight or fat teen girls. They are more than likely going to keep getting bigger and bigger and having a more difficult life because of that.

It's lifestyle, you want to lose weight, change what you eat, how much you eat, why you eat and what you do.

This is even more interesting. So 75 % percent of Americans want to choose the lifestyle of ugliness. And now they Americanize the entire world. Is it too late for us to start building our zombie survival fortress here in France?

41% of the French 17 year olds smoke cigarettes, France has a high percentage of alcoholics. The French are rude and don't use deodorant, that is disgusting. I'd rather deal with pleasant obese people than drunk, foul smelling rude asshole who reeks of cigarette smoke.

Lol! Well being smelly is surely worse than being overweight! :lol: I don't have anything personal against overweight people or fat people. I've had chubby and fat friends too, like anyone else. I just think that this should not be encouraged by some plus sized model. So she is one of the very few fat people who got a modeling gig. This is not going to be a reality for most overweight or fat teen girls. They are more than likely going to keep getting bigger and bigger and having a more difficult life because of that.

Too skinny or too fat, both can be dangerous. We as a nation need to exercise more, I don't need a smelly, alcoholic, cigarette crazed Frenchman trying to tell us how to live our lives.

I am getting tired of hearing these obese people try to make it sound as if obesity is some kind of "fashion statement." Obesity is bad for our health, costs us billions of dollars in medical expenses and is just as bad as smoking! Encouraging obesity is like encouraging smoking or any other bad habit. Obesity is NOT fashionable and for a very good reason!

While I think the CEO's comments about obese people were rather crude, I think this woman is even worse to push such an unhealthy lifestyle. If a 10-year-old is on a diet because he or she is overweight, then that is a GOOD thing!

'Attractive & Fat' and Abercrombie controversy - CNN.com

Jes Baker is cutting retailer Abercrombie & Fitch down to size.

Baker, who blogs under the name "The Militant Baker" and wears a size 22, changed the brand's A&F logo to "Attractive & Fat" in a mock, black-and-white Abercrombie ad to challenge the line's branding efforts.

The photos come as a provocative response to contentious comments Abercrombie CEO Mike Jeffries made in a 2006 Salon article about the multibillion-dollar brand's target audience.

"In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids," Jeffries said. "Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely."

The divisive remarks resurfaced earlier this month after a series of protests went viral, from Greg Karber's video of himself giving homeless people Abercrombie clothing to a Change.org petition for larger sizes by a teenage eating disorder survivor.

The plus-size community particularly took umbrage to the CEO's business model because the retailer currently does not offer clothes above size 10 or large for women.

130516101435-abercrombie-sign-story-body.jpg

"I challenge the separation of attractive and fat, and I assert that they are compatible regardless of what you believe," Baker, 26, wrote in a public letter addressed to the CEO.

Jeffries has since apologized in a statement: "While I believe this 7-year-old, resurrected quote has been taken out of context, I sincerely regret that my choice of words was interpreted in a manner that has caused offense."

Baker spoke to CNN about Jeffries' comments and her motivations to address them. The interview has been edited for clarity and brevity.

CNN: You start your letter with a preface that Jeffries' opinion "isn't shocking; millions share the same sentiment." The comments are from 2006 -- what motivated you to act on them?

Jes Baker: It really wasn't upset or outrage at all. I've been an art major for the majority of my academic life, and so I am always trying to find opportunities to do something artistic.

I just thought we don't see the juxtaposition of typical and atypical bodies in advertising specifically. Since I am a woman and I am fat and that's what I have to work with, I wanted to show that contrast by finding a male model.

Really, it just came because I wanted to not be angry about it. I wanted to not say, "This is an outrage, I've never heard of this before," but say, "OK, well, look at this. Look at how awesome this is."

And, I think when you're talking about really serious subjects, and this is kind of serious, it's important to be a little bit cheeky and pull in a little bit of humor so that it's approachable -- and it worked.

I'm getting tried of you saying your not cute

Too skinny or too fat, both can be dangerous. We as a nation need to exercise more, I don't need a smelly, alcoholic, cigarette crazed Frenchman trying to tell us how to live our lives.

Yet you are the one with the worldwide Americanization. Hehehe.

I didn't come on this thread to tell you to lose weight or to quit smoking or drinking. I didn't tell you to take a bath once a year and use deodorant. You are the bastard that seems to think that you should tell others how to live. Drink and smoke yourself to death, I don't care. Your issue is that no girl will have you and it pisses you off.

I didn't come on this thread to tell you to lose weight or to quit smoking or drinking. I didn't tell you to take a bath once a year and use deodorant. You are the bastard that seems to think that you should tell others how to live. Drink and smoke yourself to death, I don't care. Your issue is that no girl will have you and it pisses you off.

Whahaha, no, but the problem is indeed, that there is no life on the planet without telling others what to do. Following your logic, it is possible that fatsos get themselves fat because that is how they plan to tell others what to do. Effective, because it is not very easy to get around a fatso at the door, then imagine also photography, you need to pay for two frames. Awful, don't you think? Oh and yes why not, what about women? Americanization has now created such worldwide desperation, that people not only eat grass but also touch fat women. Degeneration absolute. French president Clemenceau was right, as American culture is redefining the world, we all are going from barbarism to degeneration without the interval of civilization. Hehehe.

Whahaha, no, but the problem is indeed, that there is no life on the planet without telling others what to do. Following your logic, it is possible that fatsos get themselves fat because that is how they plan to tell others what to do. Effective, because it is not very easy to get around a fatso at the door, then imagine also photography, you need to pay for two frames. Awful, don't you think? Oh and yes why not, what about women? Americanization has now created such worldwide desperation, that people not only eat grass but also touch fat women. Degeneration absolute. French president Clemenceau was right, as American culture is redefining the world, we all are going from barbarism to degeneration without the interval of civilization. Hehehe.

Gee dude, you need to get laid, since you can't get a girl maybe you can find a sheep ranch near by or maybe you can find a bag of potato chips to stare at while Rosie and her five sisters take care of you.

Gee dude, you need to get laid, since you can't get a girl maybe you can find a sheep ranch near by or maybe you can find a bag of potato chips to stare at while Rosie and her five sisters take care of you.

That is punishment most heavy. How big is Rosie? Can I still choose the sheep? So much for human evolution.

Last edited:

That is punishment most heavy. How big is Rosie? Can I still choose the sheep? So much for human evolution.

Rosie is what you are handed by god. Take it or leave it.

Went to a Mexican rest. was enjoying dinner till a family of obese folks came in a sat by us..One woman had a stomach that reached her knees, one look and I lost my appetite..

Went to a Mexican rest. was enjoying dinner till a family of obese folks came in a sat by us..One woman had a stomach that reached her knees, one look and I lost my appetite..

I have a neighbor like that. She even had the stomach stapling surgery years ago and she is just . . . enormous. She always wears shorts too. At least she can still walk, barely.

I have a neighbor like that. She even had the stomach stapling surgery years ago and she is just . . . enormous. She always wears shorts too. At least she can still walk, barely.
I could never allow myself to get into that condition..A little self respect is needed...

This happens only in America. Is this what is called the American Dream?

I suppose...It has never been one of my dreams living in the USA..

You unpatriotic pig, start immediately chomp on those burgers now or else. :)

You unpatriotic pig, start immediately on those burgers now or else.
How did you know we were having hamburger steaks tonight? Kinda have to since I was at the dentist today being tortured with loving care...

How did you know we were having hamburger steaks tonight? Kinda have to since I was at the dentist today being tortured with loving care...

Hmm okay as long as they are from Hamburg Illinois.

Hmm okay as long as they are from Hamburg Illinois.
That's a long way, the meat would spoil..

Forum List

Back