Obama's Support Weaker Than Poll Numbers Appear

Obama hasn't lost a major poll to Romney since about the middle of May. That's over a time period when every rightwing idiot on this board was pissing themselves in glee over all the supposed bad news that was hitting Obama.

It is going to be fun watching your head explode in November.

Better see if you can get an advance on your Food Stamps, because we are coming for them!

:lol:

You must be pissed off then that mittens isn't going to get rid of Obamacare, he is just going to replace it, but keep most of it.

You people are being scammed.

The Republicans in the House will have the repeal vote ready again for July 12.

It will be passed and ready for the new Republican Senate to pass it the first day of the term, and Romney will sign it shortly thereafter.

Better see if you can get an advance on your Food Stamps, because we are coming for them!

You must be pissed off then that mittens isn't going to get rid of Obamacare, he is just going to replace it, but keep most of it.

It will be passed and ready for the new Republican Senate to pass it the first day of the term, and Romney will sign it shortly thereafter.

Well this decision by the court again--usurped state power. Health insurance coverage is a state issue--not a Federal Government one. Each state mandates that auto owners carry auto insurance. The Federal Government does not involve themselves in that.

Now while I agree that each state is eventually going to have to mandate that people purchase health insurance--(as we have lots of LOOSERS in this country that know how to work the system)-this was not under the Federal Government's power. Plus every time the Federal Government tries to run something they screw it up royally. And that's why we're looking at a 16 trillion dollar deficit.

In truth the Federal Government couldn't manage a lemonade stand without driving it into bankruptcy.

It's hard to say that Obama is positioned anywhere close to as well as he was in 2008. Back then, he was new, no one really knew him. He spoke well. He's black so he could get the minority and sympathetic votes more easily. He could basically say anything he wanted and people would believe him since he didn't have a track record to prove it right or wrong. Add that into the animosity toward Bush and a +70 year old opponent.

Now: Obama has a record of a disastrous economy, very high unemployment, record deficits, pursuit of far left policies. Not to say there aren't some positives but +$1 trillion deficits and a real unemployment rate of ~16-18% outweighs gettin' Bin Laden, at least to a lot of people.

Where in 2008, plenty of people in the middle gave Obama the "anti-Bush" vote, Romney will get plenty of "anti-Obama" votes this time around.

The polls are not bearing that out which is the objective data.
Subjectively, there is no passion around Romney even with Republicans.

Obama will get another term.

The passion comes from getting Obama OUT of office.

You libs are underestimating that.

not going to happen...

It's hard to say that Obama is positioned anywhere close to as well as he was in 2008. Back then, he was new, no one really knew him. He spoke well. He's black so he could get the minority and sympathetic votes more easily. He could basically say anything he wanted and people would believe him since he didn't have a track record to prove it right or wrong. Add that into the animosity toward Bush and a +70 year old opponent.

Now: Obama has a record of a disastrous economy, very high unemployment, record deficits, pursuit of far left policies. Not to say there aren't some positives but +$1 trillion deficits and a real unemployment rate of ~16-18% outweighs gettin' Bin Laden, at least to a lot of people.

Where in 2008, plenty of people in the middle gave Obama the "anti-Bush" vote, Romney will get plenty of "anti-Obama" votes this time around.

The polls are not bearing that out which is the objective data.
Subjectively, there is no passion around Romney even with Republicans.

Obama will get another term.

You haven't been reading. The Republican base is swelling and the base of the Democrats have been dwindling. The youth vote is not as strong, the overwhelming passion is gone andsome leaders of the party aren't even showing up to their own convention.

The SCOTUS ruling has had quite a positive effect for the Republicans.

The USSC ruling has a positive effect for NO ONE!

It shredded the Constitution.

However, it has thrown Obamcare back into the forefront of the National Debate, and that is what gave the GOP the win in 2010.

I think it will be bigger this time in 2012.

There are many Americans that realize how vital it is to get this man out of office.

Are there enough of those kind of voters, we shall see.

Every time I see a poll of LIKELY VOTERS as compared to "registered voters" or even more laughably "adults" I see a trend toward Romney but it's a thin one.

However, I also see a HUGE DISAPROVAL for Obama by huge numbers like -19 (or the last one) - 18.

That's BIG. That's CARTER BIG.

I can't tell you if that means Obama will lose.

No one knows that, but the good Lord. I can tell you that my experience tells me, Obama is a goner.

But you never know for sure. Elections are tricky things.

There is a compelling divergence regarding President Obama's reelection chances when we consider what the poll numbers are telling us versus what the boots on the ground are indicating.

A Wall Street Journal/NBC News nationwide poll taken during June 20-24 shows that Obama still leads the presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney 47% to 44%. These results are within the poll's margin of error and are also close to the Real Clear Politics aggregation of major polls which finds Obama leading Romney 47.5% to 43.8%.

The same WSJ/NBC news poll found Obama leading Romney 50% to 42% in twelve so-called battleground states when considered as a group. However, when we observe the actions by those Democratic politicians up for reelection this fall in those battleground states and other states, that is their general reluctance to stand alongside President Obama, another story is told. These politicians are more in tune with the local voters and are distancing themselves from Obama. This may be indicative that Obama's support is not as high as it appears to be according to pollsters.
Read more: Obama's Support Weaker Than Poll Numbers Appear - President Obama - Fox Nation

Now, I have noticed this myself. As a matter of fact, I was going to start a thread on what I noticed. So, this is as good a time as any.

I use Rasmussen as my example, because A) Rasumussen was the most accurate poll in 2008 as to what the final tallies were for the election and B) Rasmussen uses LIKELY VOTERS not "people" as some polls that show Obama WILDLY ahead.

Now (for example) over the weekend, there was a tie between the candidates, but today it shows Romney +2 (which is within the margin of error, so you still might as well call it a tie)
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

BUT, notice this from the same organization!

WOW! Obama approval poll is MINUS 19!!!!!!!
Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports™

And then you go to the Generic Ballot and Republicans are ahead by an average of 5%!
Generic Congressional Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

So, something is askew here people. Why such wildly divergent numbers. I think Rush Limbaugh is right.

No one wants to tell a pollster that they aren't going to vote for the black guy. They don't want to appear racist.

But, they can say they don't approve of hisn policies and they can say they will more likely vote for Republicans.

It's extremely illogical, but since when are people always logical.

It's something to watch. But something on the Obama vs. Romney numbers just don't add up.

Especially when you see Democrats running to the tall grass rather than go to the convention or even be SEEN with Obama.

Well--it's always "the economy stupid." Americans ALWAYS vote their wallets. George Bush 1 was very popular after the Gulf War--and in one year we had a very "minor"--almost non-felt recession as compared to this one--and he lost to Bill Clinton.

Unemployment is on the rise again standing at 8.2%--manufacturing jobs just crashed to a 3 year low--suggesting there will be more lay-offs coming. The economy is still in the tank--housing prices have not recovered--millions of Americans are still underwater and I don't think they're going to want another 4 years of this.

As far as the polling data--you must remember that these polling companies intention is to keep a race "close"--otherwise people stop paying attention to them. I remember the Carter/Reagan race clearly of 1980. We were told by all polling data that the race was close up until election eve. And this is the result of that election.

1980.png

Carter v Reagan 1980

I remember both the election of 1980 and 1984 very clearly.

The liberal media told us in BOTH elections it could go any way by the "polling data."

In both elections it was a wipeout for the Democrats. 1984 was a LANDSLIDE of 49 states for Reagan.

I have NEVER seen in my life a landslide larger than Reagan's in 1984.

Will there be enough Americans that get it this time in 2012. In other four months, we will know.

not going to happen...

And even if it does it won't have happened in the liberal fantasy world.

Forum List

Back