Obama's Support Weaker Than Poll Numbers Appear

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
There is a compelling divergence regarding President Obama's reelection chances when we consider what the poll numbers are telling us versus what the boots on the ground are indicating.

A Wall Street Journal/NBC News nationwide poll taken during June 20-24 shows that Obama still leads the presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney 47% to 44%. These results are within the poll's margin of error and are also close to the Real Clear Politics aggregation of major polls which finds Obama leading Romney 47.5% to 43.8%.

The same WSJ/NBC news poll found Obama leading Romney 50% to 42% in twelve so-called battleground states when considered as a group. However, when we observe the actions by those Democratic politicians up for reelection this fall in those battleground states and other states, that is their general reluctance to stand alongside President Obama, another story is told. These politicians are more in tune with the local voters and are distancing themselves from Obama. This may be indicative that Obama's support is not as high as it appears to be according to pollsters.
Read more: Obama's Support Weaker Than Poll Numbers Appear - President Obama - Fox Nation

Now, I have noticed this myself. As a matter of fact, I was going to start a thread on what I noticed. So, this is as good a time as any.

I use Rasmussen as my example, because A) Rasumussen was the most accurate poll in 2008 as to what the final tallies were for the election and B) Rasmussen uses LIKELY VOTERS not "people" as some polls that show Obama WILDLY ahead.

Now (for example) over the weekend, there was a tie between the candidates, but today it shows Romney +2 (which is within the margin of error, so you still might as well call it a tie)
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

BUT, notice this from the same organization!

WOW! Obama approval poll is MINUS 19!!!!!!!
Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports™

And then you go to the Generic Ballot and Republicans are ahead by an average of 5%!
Generic Congressional Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

So, something is askew here people. Why such wildly divergent numbers. I think Rush Limbaugh is right.

No one wants to tell a pollster that they aren't going to vote for the black guy. They don't want to appear racist.

But, they can say they don't approve of hisn policies and they can say they will more likely vote for Republicans.

It's extremely illogical, but since when are people always logical.

It's something to watch. But something on the Obama vs. Romney numbers just don't add up.

Especially when you see Democrats running to the tall grass rather than go to the convention or even be SEEN with Obama.

Last edited:
Remember the Bradley Effect.

White people don't want to tell a pollster they aren't going to vote for the black guy to avoid any possibility of being thought of as a racist.

The Obamanation is way, way behind.

White people don't want to tell a pollster they aren't going to vote for the black guy to avoid any possibility of being thought of as a racist.

Yeah, I think the Dems not wanting to show up for the convention, and the desperation I'm seeing from libs bringing out old talking points already debunked shows, they know their time is almost up.

Ah yes, the Bradley Effect.

That was why the rightwing nuts said that Obama wasn't going to beat Hillary or McCain, even when the polls said otherwise.

You should be embarassed to post something that stupid. If you had any self-esteem whatsoever.

That was why the rightwing nuts said that Obama wasn't going to beat Hillary or McCain, even when the polls said otherwise.

You should be embarassed to post something that stupid. If you had any self-esteem whatsoever.

Look who's talking....

:lol:

They had Reagan way behind in the polls right up until election day, and then he won in a total land slide. Election polls are practically worthless. They're meaningless, easily manipulated and aren't a good indication of anything other than what some news or polling entity wants you to believe.

The kenyan will lose, and lose big. He won by lying his face off during his campaign, but there's enough people that bought those lies that won't be fooled again. He has lost those swing votes, period. He has zero chance of being reelected.

LOL according to radical right wing propaganda outlets like fox and rasmussen, what a joke!

Yeah, I think the Dems not wanting to show up for the convention, and the desperation I'm seeing from libs bringing out old talking points already debunked shows, they know their time is almost up.

Yeah, we're going to send Michael Moore over to yours again this year. :D

They had Reagan way behind in the polls right up until election day, and then he won in a total land slide. Election polls are practically worthless. They're meaningless, easily manipulated and aren't a good indication of anything other than what some news or polling entity wants you to believe.

The kenyan will lose, and lose big. He won by lying his face off during his campaign, but there's enough people that bought those lies that won't be fooled again. He has lost those swing votes, period. He has zero chance of being reelected.

Mitt Romney is not even in the same stratosphere as Ronald Reagan. Even though I disagreed with most of his policies, he was a brilliant campaigner and speaker. For the first time I can remember we have a canidate running against policies he implemented. There is tape after tape of Mitt praising the virtues of an individual mandate. And cons who labled Kerry as the biggest flipflopper of all time are strangely silient about this.

So far Mitt has been mute to many things he should be actively debating about, but, he's in it for the dough, you know. Who isn't?

Dude it's NOT 2008.

Obama then was a blank slate.

He now has a record to run on and it's NOT a very good record.

You libs can keep clinging to the 2008 election for signs of hope. But 2010 has happened since then.

We conservatives are moving "Forward." And to us that's not just a slogan.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I remember that in 1980 and 1984.

BUT, Rasmussen was pretty accurate in 2008, because they poll "likely voters."

Still something's amiss in the numbers when Romney and Obama are tied YET, Obama's approval numbers are MINUS 19!

Tells me people don't want to tell the polster that they aren't voting for the black guy.

AND I think there might just be a bit of Operation Chaos still lurking.

Lying to the pollster. I've heard people call Rush to tell him, they have done that.

There is mischief about, no doubt!

I wouldn't count yer chicks before they hatch.

We aren't!

I'm just saying something is amiss!

And I've seen this before!

Inflating Carter's numbers in 1980 and doing the same with Mondale in 1984!

I'm just saying the numbers don't add up.

Forum List

Back