Obama's string of foreign policy successes

Washington (CNN) -- John Kerry got Swift-boated. Jimmy Carter had his re-election chances decimated in the Iranian desert. Then there was Michael Dukakis and that tank photo.

It is a tradition of presidential politics in recent decades that Democrats get accused of being soft and inexperienced on military and foreign policy issues, and Barack Obama was no different in 2008.

However, a string of foreign policy successes -- including the killings of terrorist leaders Osama bin Laden and Anwar al-Awlaki, and now the toppling of the Gadhafi regime in Libya without the loss of any U.S. service members -- have made Obama seemingly invulnerable to the quadrennial Republican attack line.

The question is whether it will matter a year from now, when voters decide if he should get a second term.

To analysts interviewed Monday, the president's policies and actions during almost three years in power have helped him shed the knee-jerk, anti-war reputation affixed to Democrats since the Vietnam era.

They cite increased drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen, including the one that killed the U.S.-born al-Awlaki, as well as the Special Forces mission that raided a compound in Pakistan housing bin Laden.

Obama makes war policy an election strength - CNN.com

Ill give him Bin Laden and even Al-Awlaki, but you want to give him credit for rebels dragging Qadaffi through the streets and setting up an Islamic state? I have no love for Qadaffi, but how is a new islamic state a victory? We can't even guarentee that it's an improvement.

The world is a much more dangerous place, ever since Obama took office.

Obama has done an excellent job with foreign policy. His leadership has improved relations with most of the Muslim world while crippling Al Qaeda.

Obama is kicking ass!

I'm sure that Father of 4 who has been out of work for over two years now agrees with you
wholeheartedly. :clap2:

I'm sure the father of four knows it's not Obama holding back the jobs bill-a bill that contains proposals that the GOP would favor were in not in a lengthy sulk and taking it out on their country.

Not to mention Egypt. Obama has made a mess of our foreign policy, fucking amateur.

Ill give him Bin Laden and even Al-Awlaki, but you want to give him credit for rebels dragging Qadaffi through the streets and setting up an Islamic state? I have no love for Qadaffi, but how is a new islamic state a victory? We can't even guarentee that it's an improvement.

He gets credit for his leadership, which got us regime change without a quagmire.

Obama has done an excellent job with foreign policy. His leadership has improved relations with most of the Muslim world while crippling Al Qaeda.

Obama is kicking ass!

I'm sure that Father of 4 who has been out of work for over two years now agrees with you

I'm sure the father of four knows it's not Obama holding back the jobs bill-a bill that contains proposals that the GOP would favor were in not in a lengthy sulk and taking it out on their country.
And ALL the while making it easier for the Muslim Brotherhood (al-queada)...to gain a foothold and build theocracies in the image of IRAN...

Well done indeed.:clap2:

And ALL the while making it easier for the Muslim Brotherhood (al-queada)...to gain a foothold and build theocracies in the image of IRAN...

Is that what they're saying on Fox? How idiotic.

Obama is kicking ass!

Ahem...and some Democrats who voted against it as well..or did we forget that the President
couldn't even sell his own people on it. :lol:

He gets credit for his leadership, which got us regime change without a quagmire.

What leadership? And why do we want regime change that could be insanely worse than the previous regime?

Qadaffi, despite his faults, hasnt been causing much trouble in the world for well over a decade. We don't have a freakin clue what this new dictatorship will do. But we do know that Al Qaeda was among the rebels.

Wow, I never really thought about it like that. Great insight.

Its what Leon Pannetta said today as he warned Iran and others not to meddle or face the consequences.

Im sure you missed that too as you obviously dont take your head out of the sand long enough to be informed on current events

Not to mention Egypt. Obama has made a mess of our foreign policy, fucking amateur.

Please outline what you think should have been done in Egypt.

Nothing. Let them settle it. and keep ourselves out of it instead of encouraging the Muslim Brotherhood, you know, the one that Al Qaeda was created from, take control.

New Topics

Forum List

Back