Republican Bobby Jindal wins by landslide

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Not much coverage in the liberal media. Republican Jindal won every Parish in Louisiana to take a ten way primary for governor by 66%. The nearest democrat had 18%. Shades of 2012?

Not much coverage in the liberal media. Republican Jindal won every Parish in Louisiana to take a ten way primary for governor by 66%. The nearest democrat had 18%. Shades of 2012?

Yea.....he's an awesome leader....:clap2:

He was on TV last night and his list of accomplishments was very impressive despite the condition of our economy. New blood is what our party needs!

Just goes to show conservatism can win.

Just goes to show Jindal is an incumbent Republican gov in a Republican state.

In 2005 LA was a DEM state.

Senate election completes Republican takeover of Louisiana government | NOLA.com

Cute chart on this link.

It also further states:

State Sen. Mike Michot, R-Lafayette, who heads the powerful Finance Committee, said many conservative Democrats are flocking to the GOP because they fear being linked with President Barack Obama and a national Democratic Party that are deeply unpopular in the state.

The political toxicity of the national Democrats was on display in Saturday's special election in a last-minute GOP attack that Granger's campaign staff included a former Obama organizer.

Still, the Democrats' political downfall happened with stunning quickness. Just six years ago, Democrats held six of the seven statewide constitutional offices and broad majorities in the House and Senate.

I'm sure these pictures didn't hurt:

95851-u-s-president-barack-obama-and-louisiana-governor-bobby-jindal-r.jpg

bobby-jindal-barack-obamajpg-975b54eb3ca98210_large.jpg

image6453640x.jpg

1272834019.jpg

barack-obama-mitch-landrieu-mary-landrieu-bobby-jindal-2009-10-15-12-42-37.jpg

Louisiana is a Republican State now? At best it's a Purple state.

Okay, so...it's a purple state....And? Point is, it's not a blue state, and it's a southern state, and Jindal is an incumbent gov. I don't think any liberal here or anywhere had any illusions that the governorship was going to flip to the Dems. In other words, this thread is pointless and silly.

I doubt those pictures had anything to do with the race.

Unless you are somehow saying Obama endorsed Jindal and supported him and thats the only reason he won.

So, the only way Republicans win is if they are incumbents?

Tell that to the Dems who lost their jobs in the 2010 midterms:lol:

This has nothing to do with 2010. My point is that it is no surprise that Jindal won. I don't recall any liberals pushing for a big fight in LA. I'm sure the locals did, but the national liberal base didn't have their heads in the clouds thinking they were going to pummel Jindal.

Get back to me when Republicans take over the legislature up here in CT. Republicans winning in the south is not new; it's common.

Forum List

Back