Obama's Regulatory Tsunami

Hate to break it to you, but 0.75% is more than 0%.

Thanks for allowing me to point out your ignorance.

If you use real rates rather than nominal rates it's actually a negative rate.

Stop it, you're killing me.

When the Fed loans at real rates, let me know.

In the meantime, I rate your response a FAIL!

I didn't say the Fed did lend at real rates. I'm simply showing the real profits banks can make borrowing from the Fed and lending to the Treasury.

No limitation at all. That's why the current system is referred to as mark-to-make-believe.

FASB Eases Fair-Value Rules Amid Lawmaker Pressure (Update5) - Bloomberg

"The Financial Accounting Standards Board, pressured by U.S. lawmakers and financial companies, voted to relax fair-value accounting rules that Citigroup Inc. and Wells Fargo & Co. say don’t work when markets are inactive"

Relax. That doesn't sound like eliminate.

"Changes to fair-value, or mark-to-market accounting, approved by FASB today allow companies to use “significant” judgment in gauging prices of some investments on their books, including mortgage-backed securities.

Significant judgement, not whatever they feel like.
Not all securities, merely "some investments".

See that. My constant questioning pushed you to do some actual research.
Now we can all see how wrong your initial claims were.

As always, happy to help the ill-informed.

Still waiting for your proof about Bush and the regulation against selling mortgages.

Oh well, one baby step at a time.

Yes, I know, I already explained this to you:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/185788-obamas-regulatory-tsunami-13.html#post4188939

Thanks for another link that doesn't prove what you claim.
Try again?

Still waiting for your proof about Bush and the regulation against selling mortgages.

If you use real rates rather than nominal rates it's actually a negative rate.

Stop it, you're killing me.

When the Fed loans at real rates, let me know.

In the meantime, I rate your response a FAIL!

I didn't say the Fed did lend at real rates. I'm simply showing the real profits banks can make borrowing from the Fed and lending to the Treasury.

The claim was they could borrow at 0%.

And how does inflation help someone buying a bond?

I've done enough schooling for one night. I'll come back and kick your ass again tomorrow at some point.

I've done enough schooling for one night. I'll come back and kick your ass again tomorrow at some point.

Run away again, moron.

What else am I supposed to do? You ask the same questions over and over. It's like being stalked by Bam Bam the Idiot Boy.

I'm happy I provided answer to all your questions that any sentient being can easily understand. Every time you stalk me in future wanting answers to questions I already answered I'll just post a link to this post so you or anybody else can read through the thread again.

Run away again, moron.

What else am I supposed to do? You ask the same questions over and over. It's like being stalked by Bam Bam the Idiot Boy.

I'm happy I provided answer to all your questions that any sentient being can easily understand. Every time you stalk me in future wanting answers to questions I already answered I'll just post a link to this post so you or anybody else can read through the thread again.

What am I supposed to do?
You make moronic claims and never provide proof.
You say silly things and post stupid errors and I constantly have to correct you.
Tell me again how many assets BOA has? That was funny.
Tell me again that the government is currently backing all bad debt. Wow! You're confused.

Forum List

Back