Obama's Record-Breaking TWO-Years!!!!

You misunderstand: The Democrats haven't done anything beneficial...unless you're a Democrat special interest group.

So the new G.I. Bill was for that Democratic special interest group known as veterans?
Hey, thanks! I forgot about that one. Good stuff. :clap2:

Any more, or is that the only one?

The 300 billion in tax cuts in the stimulus. Which Democratic special interest did they serve, ONLY?

The credit card reform bill?

Please FORWARD THIS....to all o' those bunkers (coast-to-coast), where you hear the muffled-sounds o' people screaming "HE AIN'T DONE NOTHIN'!!!"

:clap2:

These are the supporters of obama
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq2z8oJPoT8[/ame]

This guy tells it like it is
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evwKfxNG1pY&feature=sub[/ame]

Last edited:
I got the rightie message. The government should get out of the way, whatever the fuck that means, and let the almighty entreprenuers shift the supply curve through a technological innovation.

I don't think that the "rightie message," that's my message and I am fiscally on the right side of the aisle. If you'd like to discuss specifics of how I think the government should get out of the way, I'd be happy to explain "whatever the fuck that means."

Good plan.

Don't knock what you don't understand, especially while you're staring at this:

kthrp.gif

Those were the predictions by the current group in charge, not mine. Correct me if I 'm wrong, but I think there's a good chance you supported the policies behind those predictions and thought things would turn out that way. Again, correct me if I'm wrong since I wasn't on this board then.

Would you like to discuss some ideas to bridge this chasm that's about to open? I'm all ears to see how your worldview and my worldview can coexist to move things forward. God knows the current idiots in charge can't do it.

What if no earth shattering innovation comes? What then? What if you can't really plan on these, they just happen from time to time?

If none of that is predictable then I guess we should focus on sustainability. Some focus on sustainability would be a good thing anyway, since the current national savings rate is far below what I think it should be.

How the fuck could government interfer with innovation anyway?

By sticking a bureaucrat between a new idea the execution of that new idea. Businesses should be free to open and operate based on a set of rules and codes, not "mother may I?" structures. I can't start a solar panel manufacturing plant or a car wash without first asking for permission. The problem is that when there's a limiting control factor (like a bureaucrat who can deny water permits to new car washes or new manufacturing plants) there is more than just the regulations and standards that are enacted by the elected representatives. Personal agendas and fiefdoms complicate things. Ergo, no new car washes and no efficient solar panel manufacturers.

Many in the government have tried to foster such innovation, but solar panels are still too expensive and needlessly so. We can discuss that further if you actually want to do so.

Seems to me they fucking spend more on R&D than anyone!

Sure they do. But spending money on R&D is not the same as conducting actual useful R&D. Take the Internet, a wonderful product of a Defense project. Had it been created for the purpose of changing the entire means by which financial transactions occur, that would be a success of government R&D. But it wasn't, it was created to allow communication in the event of a nuclear holocaust. Still a very valid and noble goal, certainly worth the investment. The problem comes when someone develops a new way to transmit and receive faxes using the airwaves instead of the old POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) and gets a government R&D grant for it in the hopes that this will be a groundbreaking innovation with non-defense applications and then abandons the innovation but still has the contract to deploy these over the air fax machines to battlefield units, standalone units that aren't compatible with the existing POTS or the newer PSTN interfaces.

The government is good at finding a need and the moving mountains to fill that need. They aren't good at predicting what is going to happen and spending the millions or billions to fill it because in while they were busy working on the over the air fax machine, someone else figured out a way to hook a standard fax machine up to a cell phone while someone else figured out how to make a box that modulates a dialtone so a standard fax machine can be used regardless of the transmission method.

Not tethered to reality. That's why wingnuts are so frustrating. They simply have no repsect or regard for the real world.

I get it, you're frustrated. I've been frustrated for quite some time now. I don't think the GOP has all or even the majority of the answers. I'm quite confident you don't either. I don't think the Democrats have all the answers either. I think there are too many people who have stopped participating the the process.

Care to see if we can get them involved?

What makes up the aggregate in your opinion?

It has nothing to do with my opinion dumbass. Aggregate demand has a definition. Read a fucking book.

I see you've studied economics. You just don't understand it. Or perhaps you do, which is why you are an "owner" but only own equity instead of actually hiring people. That would make you a speculator, which guys like me need so keep doing what you're doing. But don't try to tell me that I need to focus on the macro instead of the micro. 1920s econometrics, and most of the further extensions of those are irrelevant. Do I need to show you the graph again?

The aggregate the a sum of all factors. Have you read a fucking book that told you that?

asterism said:
I think the market actions are like gravity.

That's fucking hillarious. care to grace us with the equations for these physical laws?

I'd love to do so if I could. Hence the "I think," in front of my statement. Glad you find it humorous, but forgive me if I am a bit jaded by listening to progressive "owners" who don't actually produce, especially those who advocate more Keynesian ideas and government involvement. The last time I did that I owned $10% of nothing and the Keynesians got their $500K.

I think the "market" or the economy if you will is a collection of personal decisions. It isn't governed by physics or by the market God with invisible hands. It's governed by people.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
It's not raining hundreds and gold coins aren't flowing out of their water faucets..so it's an EPIC FAIL!

Do I have to post this again?

All you had to do was meet the expectations that you set.

kthrp.gif

This isn't rocket science which by way isn't that hard because it's mostly a static system:

http://images.brighthub.com/CE/9/CE9365A74734AE46082FF08724EE1F1A3B2523CD_large.jpg

Not to denigrate those that actually understand that, but most of the people who came up with our current path simply don't.

It's not raining hundreds and gold coins aren't flowing out of their water faucets..so it's an EPIC FAIL!

It fell way short of the projections if the plan was enacted and was way worse than they projected would happen if their plan wasn't enacted.

That's the epic fail.

Do I have to post this again?

All you had to do was meet the expectations that you set.

kthrp.gif

This isn't rocket science which by way isn't that hard because it's mostly a static system:

http://images.brighthub.com/CE/9/CE9365A74734AE46082FF08724EE1F1A3B2523CD_large.jpg

Not to denigrate those that actually understand that, but most of the people who came up with our current path simply don't.

You can post that all you want. The simple fact is the situation was much worse then it was related to either the Obama Administration or the public. Unemployment rocketed as soon as President Obama took office. The stock market plunged and multiple industries were on the verge of collapse. Had nothing been done..unemployment could have well gone to 15 to 20%. And if you want to categorize what was done as an "Epic Fail" whatever the heck that is..then it needs to happen more often.

You misunderstand: The Democrats haven't done anything beneficial...unless you're a Democrat special interest group.

So the new G.I. Bill was for that Democratic special interest group known as veterans?

It's just one excellent example of the simple fact that, credit where credit is due, the rightwing propaganda machine won the propaganda war. All the good the Democrats and Obama have done got buried under a media avalanche of rightwing lies distortions and deflections.

But, that's the game...

It's just one excellent example of the simple fact that, credit where credit is due, the rightwing propaganda machine won the propaganda war. All the good the Democrats and Obama have done got buried under a media avalanche of rightwing lies distortions and deflections.

But, that's the game...

They "done got buried?"

:lol:

Well, Shucks.

Really?? Like equal pay, cash for clunkers, college loans, children's healthcare, tobacco regulation, hate crimes, credit card reform. He did a lot to make this country better for everyone. You people are all nuts.

You hate Democrats because you do. But they have accomplished more than the Republicans ever will. Why don't you all just own it and quit lying about it.
Yeah, why don't we just accept your revisionist history?

Or how about we don't.

That doesn't tell me anything, Dave. The prez did accomplish those things. Are you saying it's not true?? Are you sayiong the GOP has implemented programs to help us?? If they have, what?? Like I said, own it with facts.

That doesn't tell me anything, Dave. The prez did accomplish those things. Are you saying it's not true?? Are you sayiong the GOP has implemented programs to help us?? If they have, what?? Like I said, own it with facts.

Um..you don't get it: I don't want anyone to "implement programs to help us."

In fact, I'd really like to see what would happen if the entire federal government just took a year off, and did nothing at all.

omg, THAT OBAMA and his wunderful merry band of Comrades in Arms..

They HELPED implement programs to HELP US POOR halpless people.

Doesn't MATTER he didn't have the MONEY to PAY FOR A ONE OF THEM..

Or should I say, he DIDN'T have ENOUGH of OUR money to pay for them..

In fact, I'd really like to see what would happen if the entire federal government just took a year off, and did nothing at all.

I get it alright. I think the words are lovely. But I don't believe it. When people like you stop collecting unemployment, medicare benefits, and social security, maybe I'll think it's sincere. Until then I think it's such bull.

Let me ask you something. Do you think that libs such as myself would be okay with working as hard as I have for my entire life, just to support deadbeats?? Willing to give my money away to anybody that asks?? That just doesn't make sense. Things happen and people need help sometimes. But it gets on my nerves when I constantly hear that libs are just good hearted schmucks that don't mind giving away their hard earned money for any sob story.

I get it alright. I think the words are lovely. But I don't believe it. When people like you stop collecting unemployment, medicare benefits, and social security, maybe I'll think it's sincere. Until then I think it's such bull.

Let me ask you something. Do you think that libs such as myself would be okay with working as hard as I have for my entire life, just to support deadbeats?? Willing to give my money away to anybody that asks?? That just doesn't make sense. Things happen and people need help sometimes. But it gets on my nerves when I constantly hear that libs are just good hearted schmucks that don't mind giving away their hard earned money for any sob story.

Well, I'm willing to TRY IT FOR A YEAR.

I doubt you could go a single day without a nanny state.

Well, I'm willing to TRY IT FOR A YEAR.

I doubt you could go a single day without a nanny state.

I worked as a truck driver/mover for 11 years..no benefits..no nothing.

Try that.

The 300 billion in tax cuts in the stimulus. Which Democratic special interest did they serve, ONLY?

The credit card reform bill?
The sheer waste in the stiumuls (and the fact that it hasn't worked) overrides any benefit the tax cuts give.

Credit card reform? If you call higher rates and fees good for Americans, sure.

But, that's the game...
I suppose blaming it on other people is easier than trying to defend it.

Really?? Like equal pay, cash for clunkers, college loans, children's healthcare, tobacco regulation, hate crimes, credit card reform. He did a lot to make this country better for everyone. You people are all nuts.

You hate Democrats because you do. But they have accomplished more than the Republicans ever will. Why don't you all just own it and quit lying about it.
Yeah, why don't we just accept your revisionist history?

Or how about we don't.

As Samson said, it's not government's job to hold my hand and walk me across the street. I'm perfectly capable of getting there myself.

I don't want or need a nanny. I realize some people do, but instead of vastly inflating the size of government and crippling the economy to make sure their bottoms are powdered, how about they just grow up and take care of themselves?

I realize there are people who can never do so, and I support helping them. But I don't support helping people who can and should help themselves.

If you support Democratic policies and programs, yes, that's exactly what you're doing.

Forum List

Back