Obama's Record-Breaking TWO-Years!!!!

OK, I'm waiting for some of those real solutions pal. What is the Republican plan? What is the Tea Party plan? What is your plan?

Sit back and let the almighty market God wave his invisible hand?

Really, what do you propose?

There is no Republican plan except some empty promises to roll everything back to where it was before the Democrats took over, which, essentially,

would roll everything back to where it was when we were just going over the brink.

Good plan :lol:
Like we discussed, before......Where ARE all o' those jobs, that were SUPPOSED to be a result of the (pre$ent) BUSH TAX-CUTS??!!!!

:confused:

Rolling back would reduce the deficit from 1.3 trillion to 300 billion, why is that so wrong?

OK, I'm waiting for some of those real solutions pal. What is the Republican plan? What is the Tea Party plan? What is your plan?

Why are you sitting and waiting for answers? I thouhgt you were hope and change. Where is the progressive plan? Or are you simply acknowledging your side has no plan and would like one?
Hell....OUR PLANS are (already) IN PLACE!!!!!

Whatta ya' gonna DO ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

827.gif

544.gif

Costs went up and employment went down. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

Classic ad hoc ergo propter hoc. We have raised the minimum wage many times. You should be able to show us a direct correlation between increases in minimum wages and higher unemployment. Good fucking luck with that.

True, I didn't detail all the other economic factors

Umm, you didin't detail, or even name, any. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. The null set.

I see no use in helping you move the goalposts. You asked a question and I answered it. If a higher minimum wage followed by a decrease in jobs isn't enough for you then there really isn't much else to say.

Higher costs with the same demand will stifle new hiring or even cause layoffs.

On what planet and in what econometric model? In theory, increased costs lead to higher prices.

Not with the same demand.

Please show me your econometric link to layoffs. Describe the mechanism for us. Show us some math. Good fucking luck.

We're discussing concepts here, I'm not quoting a specific study done by a group of economists that have gotten all of this wrong.

The expectation of higher costs is definitely a factor.

Because, apparently, you say so. Where are your empirical measurements of this supposed "expectation"? What metodology was used? By what mechanism does this expectation effect employment? How do you know?

You can discard my opinion on what is holding my business back all you want.

Let me get this straight. You're saying that your business could be selling more product but you don't invest in producing more product cause of some expectation?

No. I cannot sell more product because the demand for it has not risen. A factor in my decision to not expand into other products and services is directly tied to my costs. The labor portion of those costs increased. The labor and tax portions of those costs are expected in increase in 2 months. That's what is holding my business back.

Please expand here. What kind of business? What is your projected demand? What is your current production level?

I'm not going to post specifics of my business to unknowns.

How much do you plan to spend on your green economy and where are you going to get the money?

Approximately 3 trillion dollars. Most of the money will be borrowed but some can be raised with fossil fuel taxes and increased taxes on the rich.

Who is going to loan the government that much money? Our ability to borrow anything above current levels is simply not there.

why haven't they done that?

The Republicans literally killed hundreds of bills with the fillibuster. they shattered all records for the use of that extra-constitutional tactic.

Ah. Even with supermajorities it's still the Republicans' fault. Didn't you just accuse me of parroting talking points? HAHAHA.

Redistribute wealth? How so, and how much are you planning on giving away?

I intend to re-establish the distribution of wealth that existed before Ronald Reagan and the supply-side madness.

Ah. A return to Carter's economy. That didn't exactly work out well. However, nothing is stopping you from sending more money to the government. If you think that's a good idea, why aren't you and other progressives doing that already?

Classic ad hoc ergo propter hoc. We have raised the minimum wage many times. You should be able to show us a direct correlation between increases in minimum wages and higher unemployment. Good fucking luck with that.

Umm, you didin't detail, or even name, any. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. The null set.

I see no use in helping you move the goalposts. You asked a question and I answered it. If a higher minimum wage followed by a decrease in jobs isn't enough for you then there really isn't much else to say.

Higher costs with the same demand will stifle new hiring or even cause layoffs.

On what planet and in what econometric model? In theory, increased costs lead to higher prices.

We're discussing concepts here, I'm not quoting a specific study done by a group of economists that have gotten all of this wrong.

The expectation of higher costs is definitely a factor.

Because, apparently, you say so. Where are your empirical measurements of this supposed "expectation"? What metodology was used? By what mechanism does this expectation effect employment? How do you know?

You can discard my opinion on what is holding my business back all you want.

Let me get this straight. You're saying that your business could be selling more product but you don't invest in producing more product cause of some expectation?

No. I cannot sell more product because the demand for it has not risen. A factor in my decision to not expand into other products and services is directly tied to my costs. The labor portion of those costs increased. The labor and tax portions of those costs are expected in increase in 2 months. That's what is holding my business back.

Please expand here. What kind of business? What is your projected demand? What is your current production level?

Wingnuts can't even run a fictional business that they make up on the internet

If your costs (including taxes) are greater than the price you can sell it for, you're out of business because you're an incomptent businessperson. If you costs (including taxes) are less than the selling price, you make a profit. If you can make a profit, and there is demand for the product, then why wouldn't you produce more?

First I ccould care less what the Tea Party plan is, and second, I could care less what the Republican plan is as well, as you automatically assume that because I am of the opinion that this current President as well as the last one have little if any skills in economic Management that for some reason, I am a tea party member. As you asked, I will tell you where to start, the next election perhaps run a qualified candidate that has more experience that just being a candidate or the son of a former President with little experinece beyond that. Other things that can be done is start with DoD purchasing, and completly revamp it, so that when an item is purchased it is done so on a fixed cost basis, and in most cases a single source. ( look at F-35 Alternate Engine for current issues).
A single-source....for ALL components?? :eusa_eh:

I was doing contract-work (Lockheed-Martin, '98-'99) on the JSF (F-22).

Fixed-cost would be ideal....in a perfect-World. I'm not saying it can't be done....but, I haven't seen it.​

Economic stimulus was a failure.

If you are clueless and call turning Great Depression II into a medium sized recession, yup, failure. If you have clue one, you say the stimulus worked but should have been bigger.

Laughable.

kthrp.gif

Solar cells are not efficient enough to use on a large scale at this point.

Sure they are. You just have to put them in the right places and be able to get the juice where it needs to go.

What areas have enough sun and enough water for them?

How does this record breaking performance record grab you? Dems were elected in 2006 to take over congress. They took office in January 2007. Look what happened to the workforce & the economy after they took over.
fredgraph.png

Fail.
1. Your x-axis only covers the range of 58-64, making the figure visually appear much more dramatic than it actually is.
2. Employment is a lagging indicator.
3. If you believe employment is inextricably linked to Congress in the short term, you have no concept of how the economy works.

1. The drop in employment & workforce are extremely dramatic no matter where you move the axis.

2. Employment is not always a lagging indicator! Employment plunged prior to the stock market.

3. The chart speaks to Democrats in Congress fucking up Jobs & the Economy.

epicFAIL.jpg

What happened to 2001-2003???? If we're only looking at stats 3 years AFTER the POTUS took office, then Obama's shouldn't start until 2011. Otherwise, it's an invalid comparison.

Last edited:
Fail.
1. Your x-axis only covers the range of 58-64, making the figure visually appear much more dramatic than it actually is.
2. Employment is a lagging indicator.
3. If you believe employment is inextricably linked to Congress in the short term, you have no concept of how the economy works.

1. The drop in employment & workforce are extremely dramatic no matter where you move the axis.

2. Employment is not always a lagging indicator! Employment plunged prior to the stock market.

3. The chart speaks to Democrats in Congress fucking up Jobs & the Economy.

epicFAIL.jpg

What happened to 2001-2003???? If we're only looking at stats 3 years AFTER the POTUS took office, then Obama's shouldn't start until 2011. Otherwise, it's an invalid comparison.

Here's a chart comparing the job creation record of various presidents. bush*'s is the worst

The Bush Administration's Dismal Jobs Record | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The Republican Congress raised the minimum wage twice in the 90's. Did it cause a recession? Hardly.

How did it affect the manufacturing sector and other labor intensive jobs that could move overseas? Those jobs are gone and aren't coming back. This recession proves it.

The last recession officially ended July 2009. The last minimum wage increase occurred in July 2009.

When did it start and how is employment these days?

You want to make us competitive with overseas factories where they build i-phones for 30 cents an hour?

Yes I do. China has a huge efficiency and management problem that US manufacturers wouldn't have. However it's not feasible to pay someone with a high school education and few complicated skills more money just because they have been in the union for 20 years. The pay should fit the value of services performed, not the collective bargaining agreement where seniority pays more regardless of output. That's way more than $3 per day but not much more than $30K per year.

Manufacturing is stifled by unnecessary restrictions on that basis alone and we see how that has done a complete disservice to the very employees that the unions were there to represent.

This is all starting to work itself out since offshore manufacturing is now becoming more expensive just in the loss of efficient prototyping and intellectual property. If someone could open a factory without needing to pay off some union bosses first things would be easier. But then there are those increasing labor costs coming and no leadership on encouraging those with some capital to directly invest.

Last edited:

There is no Republican plan except some empty promises to roll everything back to where it was before the Democrats took over, which, essentially,

would roll everything back to where it was when we were just going over the brink.

Good plan :lol:
Like we discussed, before......Where ARE all o' those jobs, that were SUPPOSED to be a result of the (pre$ent) BUSH TAX-CUTS??!!!!

:confused:

They were there before increased government involvement happened. See 2007.

Why are you sitting and waiting for answers? I thouhgt you were hope and change. Where is the progressive plan? Or are you simply acknowledging your side has no plan and would like one?
Hell....OUR PLANS are (already) IN PLACE!!!!!

Whatta ya' gonna DO ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

827.gif

544.gif

And you see the results of your plans right?

If a higher minimum wage followed by a decrease in jobs isn't enough for you

And the clueless one defends the fallacy. If an increase in AIDS cases in Africa following the rise of American personal computers isn't enough for you...Duh.

Especially with the same demand! I'm selling widgets. My costs went up 2%. My expected demand stays stable. I cut production? On what fucking planet?

We're discussing concepts here, I'm not quoting a specific study

No, you're discussing bullshit rhetoric that has no empirical evidence underpinning it. Essentially you're saying...the world is this way because I say it is so. Religion in a nutshell.

I cannot sell more product because the demand for it has not risen.

Well, fucking duh! And, in the lack of increased demand, you will NEVER invest in more production. We can give you tax cuts till the cows come home and you aren't gonna produce one damned more thing just to have it sit on the shelf, right?

Good Lord you are so full of shit.

Especially with the same demand! I'm selling widgets. My costs went up 2%. My expected demand stays stable. I cut production? On what fucking planet?

Wingnuts don't know how to run a business. They either live off the govts' teat, or in their mommys' basement

Wingnuts can't even run a fictional business that they make up on the internet

Why are you even responding to me if that's your assumption?

If your costs (including taxes) are greater than the price you can sell it for, you're out of business because you're an incomptent businessperson.

Or external factors increase costs, some of them government actions.

If you costs (including taxes) are less than the selling price, you make a profit. If you can make a profit, and there is demand for the product, then why wouldn't you produce more?

Because I'm producing according to the current demand. I need in increase in demand in order to produce and sell more.

Laughable.

kthrp.gif

Yup, laughable, that's what you are. You just compared two projections to a reality and tried to make the argument that government spending CAUSED unemployment. Tell me genius, how does government spending cause unemployment?

I expect our definitions of "ample" vary wildly.

If the Democrats haven't done anything, why are so many on the right throwing fits over what they claim are all the terrible things the Democrats have done?
You misunderstand: The Democrats haven't done anything beneficial...unless you're a Democrat special interest group.
....And, everyone-else who recognizes our economy is slowly-recovering.....while we've STILL got that credit-card balance to pay-off. :rolleyes:

George_Bush_RepubliCard.jpg

Forum List

Back