Obama's Record-Breaking TWO-Years!!!!

How does this record breaking performance record grab you? Dems were elected in 2006 to take over congress. They took office in January 2007. Look what happened to the workforce & the economy after they took over.
fredgraph.png

Fail.
1. Your x-axis only covers the range of 58-64, making the figure visually appear much more dramatic than it actually is.
2. Employment is a lagging indicator.
3. If you believe employment is inextricably linked to Congress in the short term, you have no concept of how the economy works.

1. The drop in employment & workforce are extremely dramatic no matter where you move the axis.

2. Employment is not always a lagging indicator! Employment plunged prior to the stock market.

3. The chart speaks to Democrats in Congress fucking up Jobs & the Economy.

epicFAIL.jpg

1. That's probably because the people fired by idiots like Fiorina realized that the business they started by taking equity of of their homes, spurred on by "Entrepreneur is not a French word" President Bush, was failing, and they need to get on unemployment.

2. This speaks volumes.

3. I am hoping you don't teach economics anywhere in the country.

First I ccould care less what the Tea Party plan is, and second, I could care less what the Republican plan is as well, as you automatically assume that because I am of the opinion that this current President as well as the last one have little if any skills in economic Management that for some reason, I am a tea party member. As you asked, I will tell you where to start, the next election perhaps run a qualified candidate that has more experience that just being a candidate or the son of a former President with little experinece beyond that. Other things that can be done is start with DoD purchasing, and completly revamp it, so that when an item is purchased it is done so on a fixed cost basis, and in most cases a single source. ( look at F-35 Alternate Engine for current issues). Listen to the warfighters for a change in what they actually want and need, rather than pork bills up with favorite purchasing programs. Now here is a shocker for you, I would imagine, remove US Military assests from nations that are fully capable of defending themselves. i.e. Germany etc. further perform a review of long range goals in Afghanistan, if the commitment there is not to win then remove our Military presence from there. There are many Depts. in the Govt. that do not have any practical value and cost the taxpayers more than they are worth at the moment, i.e. Department of Education which is a State and local matter and should be treated and financed as one, Retask the EPA from legislative and code issues to environmental cleanup issues, the end result would be an EPA that is less populated with people who's boot are on the neck of business and keep US jobs offshore. Defund the recent healthcare bill, and open Medicare to those who wish to purchase it for catastrophic coverage. In doing so, you keep the parts that allow for coverage of those with pre-existing conditions and do not spend 2 Trillion dollars on a program that basically duplicates state medicaid. Cut congressional salaries and benefits by 50%, give you an example each congressman can get up to 4 million dollars a year in expenses, get rid of it. Basically my contention is not that our Govt. does not have enough money to shore up good programs like Social Security, and Medicare, but that they spend money in such an unwise manner that they find themselves in a position of having to take from those programs and make them unstable as well. So the best place to start is in how Govt. spends money, and frankly I don't care who it is Tea Party, Republican, Democrat, or for that matter call youself what you will as long as you do the job.

Interesting.

Some of this I can get behind. But well thought out and well written.

Kudos.

OK, I'm waiting for some of those real solutions pal. What is the Republican plan? What is the Tea Party plan? What is your plan?

Sit back and let the almighty market God wave his invisible hand?

Really, what do you propose?

Why are you sitting and waiting for answers? I thouhgt you were hope and change. Where is the progressive plan? Or are you simply acknowledging your side has no plan and would like one?

The thread is about what 'progressives' accomplished in 2 years.

It's a helluva lot more than conservatives accomplished in 8 years of Bush (or 6 if you prefer).

The OP is absolutely right, and the inability of anyone to refute it proves it.
That's the comical....almost magical....part of it!!

The 'Baggers whine-and-complain (relying, totally, on rhetoric) about one Obama legislative-win....or, another....you post that EXACT legislation....daring them to point-out where their rhetoric matches the (actual) legislation....

....and, the 'Baggers DISAPPEAR!!!!!!!

916.gif

I've heard you like to lick yogurt off of hobo's feet.

Your inability to refute it proves it.

You don't have to refute a claim for which no evidence is presented. The OP presents ample evidence, point by point.
I expect our definitions of "ample" vary wildly.

If the Democrats haven't done anything, why are so many on the right throwing fits over what they claim are all the terrible things the Democrats have done?

LOL, RECORD breaking two years..more like breaking the backs of the American people in two years, with PASSING the Largest TAKEOVER of our Economy and Health care Against the peoples wishes.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....the Largest TAKEOVER of our Economy.

How profound. Detail-FREE....but, profound.

Wanna try, again????
853.gif

....And, Health care Against the peoples wishes?????
300.gif

Which PART(S) is/are Against the peoples wishes????? :eusa_eh:

How does this record breaking performance record grab you? Dems were elected in 2006 to take over congress. They took office in January 2007. Look what happened to the workforce & the economy after they took over.
http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/fredgraph.png?bgcolor=%23B3CDE7&chart_type=bar&drp=0&fo=ve&graph_bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&height=480&mode=fred&preserve_ratio=checked&recession_bars=On&txtcolor=%23000000&ts=8&width=800&id=EMRATIO&scale=Left&range=Custom&cosd=2004-01-01&coed=2010-09-01&line_color=%230000FF&link_values=false&mw=4&lw=1&ost=-99999&oet=99999&mma=0&fml=a&fq=Monthly&fam=avg&transformation=lin&vintage_date=2010-11-02&revision_date=2010-11-02[/IMG[/quote]

The economy started to tank the day Pelosi picked up the Speaker Gavel[/QUOTE]

And Frank accidentally proves that the economy didn't tank because of the Democrats.

You don't have to refute a claim for which no evidence is presented. The OP presents ample evidence, point by point.

If the Democrats haven't done anything, why are so many on the right throwing fits over what they claim are all the terrible things the Democrats have done?
You misunderstand: The Democrats haven't done anything beneficial...unless you're a Democrat special interest group.

fredgraph.png
Ah, yes.....the Chart Game!!!
241.png

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

How 'bout those CLINTON YEARS.....after we had TAX-INCREA$E$??!!!

Wanna try, again?????

853.gif

Last edited:
Where is the progressive plan?

Unlike you, I have an actual plan! In the short run, stimulate the economy. Build wind farms from northern Texas to the Dakotas. Solar arrays all across the desert Southwest. Nuclear power plants by the hundreds. Unify the grid and make it smarter. Lay thousands of miles of high speed rail. Do all of this on the public dime. the investment will pay off for generations. Pay for some of it with a tax on fossil fuels.

Cut the Department of Defense by at least 30%. Our nation has STILL not demobilized from WWII and the armed forces we have are STILL structured to fight a major land war in Europe that simply isn't going to happen.

In the long term...redistribute wealth. The core problem with the economy is that wealth has been redistributed from the middle and the bottom to the top. As a result, the masses can't consume to a level equal to the output capacity of industry. End the Bush income tax cuts for the rich. Increase capital gains taxes. Bring back the estate tax, in spades. Expand the earned income tax credit. Expand Pell Grants. Expand subsidies for RENT. Institute single payer healthcare.

There's an outline. I can expand it on request.

OK, I'm waiting for some of those real solutions pal. What is the Republican plan? What is the Tea Party plan? What is your plan?

Sit back and let the almighty market God wave his invisible hand?

Really, what do you propose?

Why are you sitting and waiting for answers? I thouhgt you were hope and change. Where is the progressive plan? Or are you simply acknowledging your side has no plan and would like one?

-Over 300 billion dollar tax cut.
-Fair pay act.
-Credit card reform.
-Health care reform.
-Stimulus to keep firefighters, teachers, police on the payroll and build infrastructure.
-Cash for clunkers to stimulate auto industry.
-Re-tool GM to compete in the global market.
-Save financial industry through TARP and make a profit as loans get re-paid.
-Restore relations with other countries and promote international trade.
-Grants and loans for R&D for new green energy innovation and initiative.
-Making oil companies actually pay for their screw ups.
-Financial regulation designed to keep the industry from making extremely risky moves that put the economy into jeopardy.
-Cutting wasteful and redundant weapons systems like the F22 fighter.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/fredgraph.png?bgcolor=%23B3CDE7&chart_type=bar&drp=0&fo=ve&graph_bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&height=480&mode=fred&preserve_ratio=checked&recession_bars=On&txtcolor=%23000000&ts=8&width=800&id=EMRATIO&scale=Left&range=Custom&cosd=2004-01-01&coed=2010-09-01&line_color=%230000FF&link_values=false&mw=4&lw=1&ost=-99999&oet=99999&mma=0&fml=a&fq=Monthly&fam=avg&transformation=lin&vintage_date=2010-11-02&revision_date=2010-11-02[/IMG[/quote]

The economy started to tank the day Pelosi picked up the Speaker Gavel[/QUOTE]

And Frank accidentally proves that the economy didn't tank because of the Democrats.[/QUOTE]

And Shaman proves that you don't need to be able to read in order to post on the Internet

You misunderstand: The Democrats haven't done anything beneficial...unless you're a Democrat special interest group.

So the new G.I. Bill was for that Democratic special interest group known as veterans?

Obama has destroyed FIRE, Finance, Insurance and Real Estate Sectors

The ChiComs do more investment banking that the USA, our Insurance Industry is in shambles and headed for nationalization unless ObamaCare is repealed and Real estate is gone for a decade.

The Federal Government control 100% of the real estate lending in the country, FNMA, Freddie and FHA have 100% market share and there are no plans for them to take their hand off the throat of the housing markets.

The Capital Markets reacted against the USA in response to the anti-Free Enterprise Democrat getting control of Congress.

Check any metric: unemployment, price of gold, consumer confidence, US debt and deficit and they ALL VOTE AGAINST THE DEMOCRATS!

New Topics

Forum List

Back