Obama's Record-Breaking TWO-Years!!!!

The OP is absolutely right, and the inability of anyone to refute it proves it.

I made myself watch the vid.....oy.

so what is there to debate or refute? yea, he signed laws and got legislation passed, that in the end will cost his a historic loss, and truin the pres into a lame duck 2 years onto his term...(wonderful, great thats like sooooo huge an achievement.:rolleyes:did you watrch the vid btw? )..

all done with a majority in each house I and senate. I am sorry, so what is this vast huge achievement? Unless of course, your attitude is fuck whats in a bill, just win by passing something, anything.....only a died in the wool uber partisan can actually believe this type of nonsense is a net plus for dems...or the country...but then again today wouldn't have been possible without this type of uber partisanship so I guess I have answered my own question.

but hey some of us know this, because we have a grounding HISTORY....so Carbineer, my take is; LBJ, though I don't have much love for the man as a man and generally as a pres. was a master legislator. He knew that for legislation to have a chance AND last, he needed the 'others'.

you see, he too had majorities in both chambers, BUT he helped craft the legislation with the house and senate leaders and folks from the other side of the aisle, which resulted in? Taaa daa, substantial bi-partisan sppt. for the landmark bills he got passed as pres....

So flash to today, here we have madcow trying to make it appear as though the leg. 'vcitories' of obama, resulting in what may be the drubbing of a life time, was some millennial benchmark...Obama could not sniff his socks, neither can harry or nancy carry the bags of Mansfield or McCormack.

In short this was just self serving dreck.

How does this record breaking performance record grab you? Dems were elected in 2006 to take over congress. They took office in January 2007. Look what happened to the workforce & the economy after they took over.
fredgraph.png

Looks downhill to me.

It is so record breaking, that Obama has to send Michelle out to campaign because she has a higher approval rating.

Obama has 70% of his agenda done already. Wondering how the last 30% will look.

Obama has single-handedly gutted the Democratic party.

Classic ad hoc ergo propter hoc argument.

Tell me wingnuts, what did Congress do that caused the employment downturn?

Tic tock, tic tock.

Raised the minimum wage which had a cascading effect on the costs to employ people. All the other economic factors added to a general economic decline. Any recovery has been hamstrung by the expectations of future higher costs in taxes and healthcare mandates.

Employers listened to the DNC talking points and reacted when it was apparent they were moving forward with an agenda that would make it harder to run businesses.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Dimocrats in fights for their political lives aren't campaigning on nothin' they voted for since Barry boy came to town.

And today many of them will learn exactly what Barry means when he says elections have consequences.

The OP is absolutely right, and the inability of anyone to refute it proves it.

I made myself watch the vid.....oy.

so what is there to debate or refute? yea, he signed laws and got legislation passed, that in the end will cost his a historic loss, and truin the pres into a lame duck 2 years onto his term...(wonderful, great thats like sooooo huge an achievement.:rolleyes:did you watrch the vid btw? )..

all done with a majority in each house I and senate. I am sorry, so what is this vast huge achievement? Unless of course, your attitude is fuck whats in a bill, just win by passing something, anything.....only a died in the wool uber partisan can actually believe this type of nonsense is a net plus for dems...or the country...but then again today wouldn't have been possible without this type of uber partisanship so I guess I have answered my own question.

but hey some of us know this, because we have a grounding HISTORY....so Carbineer, my take is; LBJ, though I don't have much love for the man as a man and generally as a pres. was a master legislator. He knew that for legislation to have a chance AND last, he needed the 'others'.

you see, he too had majorities in both chambers, BUT he helped craft the legislation with the house and senate leaders and folks from the other side of the aisle, which resulted in? Taaa daa, substantial bi-partisan sppt. for the landmark bills he got passed as pres....

So flash to today, here we have madcow trying to make it appear as though the leg. 'vcitories' of obama, resulting in what may be the drubbing of a life time, was some millennial benchmark...Obama could not sniff his socks, neither can harry or nancy carry the bags of Mansfield or McCormack.

In short this was just self serving dreck.

Of course you want to denigrate what the Democrats accomplished because you OPPOSE it, as did 90% of Republicans, generally.

So, btw, you're telling me that if the LBJ was here now, passing the Civil Rights Act, and Medicare, and the rest of his domestic agenda that you and the rest of the rightwingers here would be lining up to praise him?

Please don't insult our intelligence. Anything but that.

How does this record breaking performance record grab you? Dems were elected in 2006 to take over congress. They took office in January 2007. Look what happened to the workforce & the economy after they took over.
fredgraph.png

You have to show cause and effect or you're wasting our time.

Raised the minimum wage which had a cascading effect on the costs to employ people.

Please show me any empirical support for the notion that higher minimum wages lead to higher unemployment. Good fucking luck.

All the other economic factors added to a general economic decline.

Boilerplate. That is, nothing of substance is actually said here. 11 words and no semantic meaning whatsoever. In it's own way, a statement like this is brilliant in it's vapidity. This kind of rhetoric is aimed squarely at people who have no clue. And, sadly, it works.

Any recovery has been hamstrung by the expectations of future higher costs in taxes and healthcare mandates.

The "rational expectations" model has been dead, totally destroyed, for some time now. But, again, nothing of substance is meant to be communicated with this bit of boilerplate.

Employers listened to the DNC talking points and reacted when it was apparent they were moving forward with an agenda that would make it harder to run businesses.

Idiocy. Only one thing makes an employer hire workers or otherwise invest in added productive capacity. That would be increased demand for product. Only one thing makes employers lay-off or otherwise cut production and/or productive capacity. That would be decreased demand for product.

You can't show me anything resembling a coherent econometric model that would describe the bullshit you are typing never mind support such a model with empirical evidence. You are mindlessly spewing talking points that you don't understand.

It's what wingnuts do.

National Deficit Jan. 2009 1.4 Trillion
National Deficit Oct. 2010 1.3 to 1.4 Trillion

National Debt Jan. 2009 11 Trillion
National Debt Oct. 2010 13 Trillion

Unemployment Jan 2009 7.6%
Unemployment Oct. 2010 9.6%

Federal Budget 2009 3.17 Trillion
Federal Budget 2010 3.52 Trillion
Federal Budget 2011 3.8 Trillion (Proposed)

US Forclosures 2009 3.9 Million
Us Forclosures Jan - Oct. 2010 1.4 to 2.4 Million

US Poverty Rate 2009 13.2%
US Poverty Rate 2010 14.3%

In short there are many factors that show just about every bill signed by both the Bush Administration and the current one to help the economy has been a complete failure in terms of the overall health of the economy. People who choose to spin the numbers one way or the other to make things appear better than they really are do a diservice to the nation. The truth is, that our nation needs some real solutions and not political ones that favor one side or the other or benefit one side or the other but focus on the benefit of the nation as a whole. I will not excuse the previous Administration for their part in the so called bail-outs, or economic trainwreck we find ourselves in , as much as I do not excuse the current one for helping keep that trainwreck going.

Last edited:
OK, I'm waiting for some of those real solutions pal. What is the Republican plan? What is the Tea Party plan? What is your plan?

Sit back and let the almighty market God wave his invisible hand?

Really, what do you propose?

Classic ad hoc ergo propter hoc argument.

Tell me wingnuts, what did Congress do that caused the employment downturn?

Tic tock, tic tock.

Raised the minimum wage which had a cascading effect on the costs to employ people. All the other economic factors added to a general economic decline. Any recovery has been hamstrung by the expectations of future higher costs in taxes and healthcare mandates.

The Republican Congress raised the minimum wage twice in the 90's. Did it cause a recession? Hardly.

The last recession officially ended July 2009. The last minimum wage increase occurred in July 2009.

OK, I'm waiting for some of those real solutions pal. What is the Republican plan? What is the Tea Party plan? What is your plan?

There is no Republican plan except some empty promises to roll everything back to where it was before the Democrats took over, which, essentially,

would roll everything back to where it was when we were just going over the brink.

Good plan :lol:

Why are you sitting and waiting for answers? I thouhgt you were hope and change. Where is the progressive plan? Or are you simply acknowledging your side has no plan and would like one?

First I ccould care less what the Tea Party plan is, and second, I could care less what the Republican plan is as well, as you automatically assume that because I am of the opinion that this current President as well as the last one have little if any skills in economic Management that for some reason, I am a tea party member. As you asked, I will tell you where to start, the next election perhaps run a qualified candidate that has more experience that just being a candidate or the son of a former President with little experinece beyond that. Other things that can be done is start with DoD purchasing, and completly revamp it, so that when an item is purchased it is done so on a fixed cost basis, and in most cases a single source. ( look at F-35 Alternate Engine for current issues). Listen to the warfighters for a change in what they actually want and need, rather than pork bills up with favorite purchasing programs. Now here is a shocker for you, I would imagine, remove US Military assests from nations that are fully capable of defending themselves. i.e. Germany etc. further perform a review of long range goals in Afghanistan, if the commitment there is not to win then remove our Military presence from there. There are many Depts. in the Govt. that do not have any practical value and cost the taxpayers more than they are worth at the moment, i.e. Department of Education which is a State and local matter and should be treated and financed as one, Retask the EPA from legislative and code issues to environmental cleanup issues, the end result would be an EPA that is less populated with people who's boot are on the neck of business and keep US jobs offshore. Defund the recent healthcare bill, and open Medicare to those who wish to purchase it for catastrophic coverage. In doing so, you keep the parts that allow for coverage of those with pre-existing conditions and do not spend 2 Trillion dollars on a program that basically duplicates state medicaid. Cut congressional salaries and benefits by 50%, give you an example each congressman can get up to 4 million dollars a year in expenses, get rid of it. Basically my contention is not that our Govt. does not have enough money to shore up good programs like Social Security, and Medicare, but that they spend money in such an unwise manner that they find themselves in a position of having to take from those programs and make them unstable as well. So the best place to start is in how Govt. spends money, and frankly I don't care who it is Tea Party, Republican, Democrat, or for that matter call youself what you will as long as you do the job.

You serve your masters well, and you will be rewarded.

You think so? I don't. How many intelligent liberals on this board ever support the drooling drivel that Mr Stupid says? None. He does more damage to Democrats than help their cause. He's an embarrassment to his masters. They should recall him and reassimilate him into the borg. The process clearly didn't work the first time around.

On the contrary, he's the perfect Obamabot: Utterly impervious to facts and logic, blames everything on the GOP, eagerly posts the talking point du jour, and completely incapable of criticizing The One.

They build 'em in a basement lab in Berkeley, I think. Probably with Federal funding.

Oh, and his masters are incapable of embarrassment. :cool:

Appropriate.....since after today he won't get shit-else done, and his effective term will be 2 years.

Kudos to the Bastard in Chief for getting so much "done" in the shortest term ever.

Easily the worst President this country has ever endured, and it isn't even close.
You History-challenged kiddies, who attempt to talk politics, surely are amusing. :lol:

Forum List

Back