Obama's plan for gun control...

Where in the Constitution does it specificallt state the launguage to be used to declare war?

Now I agree with you on the conventional wisdom regarding the carrying out of a war...get in, kick ass, get it done...WIN, end story.

its in the enumerated powers of the congress, article 1 section 8

congress SHALL have the power to...

"To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;"

I am pretty sure a declaration of war is meant through a voting process of some kind just like any other piece of legislation.

Precisely. But does it stipulate the language to be used i.e., such action MUST contain 'Decalration of war'...and isn't a 'Declaration of war' merely authorizing the use of the military for an objective?
Nothing in the constitution describes the text necessary for a declaration of war.
-That- is left to Congress.
And so, any resolutuion that provides for a state of war is, in every way, a declaration of war.

The question is this: If Healthcare/contraception/housing/food, etc. is a "right" and should be provided for by the government...then by that logic shouldn't the government hand out firearms too for free since keeping and bearing arms is also a right? Head scratcher.
Using the same line of thought that the left applies to the 'right' to health care, there should, unquestioably, be a federal entitlement program to provide firearms to those that cannot afford them.

That there is not, and that the left will passiionately argue agianst any such thing, tells you all you need to know about the true motives of the left.

None of those items are a ‘right,’ anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

The issue concerns equal application of the laws which guide such policies and equal access to the same. One has the right to apply for health insurance but not the ‘right’ to be approved or receive it. One can not be denied health insurance solely due to race or gender.

With regard to health insurance and employment:

Most employers are not required by law to offer health-related benefits to their employees, although the practice of providing health-related benefits is fairly common in many companies and businesses. However, once an employer offers or provides health benefits -- including medical, disability, dental, and life insurance -- federal anti-discrimination laws and health plan enforcement regulations act to protect an employee's rights under those health plans.

Anti-Discrimination in Employment Health Benefits

As mentioned above, most employers are not required to provide their employees with medical, disability, dental, or life insurance, but once such benefits are offered, the law requires that the employer adhere to federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. As with other areas of employment such as hiring, promotion, and termination, distinctions in health benefits coverage cannot be made on the basis of an employee or dependent's gender, race, age, national origin, religion, or disability. As examples, an employer providing employees with health insurance may not, among other things:

Provide lesser coverage or cease offering coverage to older workers, or workers who may become pregnant

Treat pregnancy-related disabilities (including miscarriage, abortion, and post-childbirth recovery) different from other health conditions

Refuse to provide coverage based on an employee or dependent's actual disability, a perceived disability, or his or her genetic information

Health Insurance Overview - FindLaw

Consequently the notion that the government should distribute firearms to those who can’t afford one is equally idiotic.

The question is this: If Healthcare/contraception/housing/food, etc. is a "right" and should be provided for by the government...then by that logic shouldn't the government hand out firearms too for free since keeping and bearing arms is also a right? Head scratcher.
Using the same line of thought that the left applies to the 'right' to health care, there should, unquestioably, be a federal entitlement program to provide firearms to those that cannot afford them.
That there is not, and that the left will passiionately argue agianst any such thing, tells you all you need to know about the true motives of the left.
None of those items are a ‘right,’ anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.
Good to see that you believe the majority of our friends on the left are idiots.

Consequently the notion that the government should distribute firearms to those who can’t afford one is equally idiotic.
Simply applying the argumet that if you have a right to x and cannot afford to exercise your right to x then the government should provide you with x.
Of -course- its idiotic.

Last edited:
Go out and buy yourselves an old Bridgeport NC mill and a decent lathe with at least a 60" table and you can make any firearm you can think of. Cost?..less than $10,000. Quit whining.. roll your own and SMOKE EM!!!!

Four words
Fast and the Furious
Fast and Furious was a ploy by Obama and Holder to manufacture a crisis to bolster thier effort/assault on the Second Amendment.

It's currently being swept under the rug.

It's that simple.

What is so surprising is these obama defenders still defend him even after he signed the NDAA which takes away their rights as well as mine.

I didn't defend him......I told you he is going to take your guns

Get used to it

Four words
Fast and the Furious
Fast and Furious was a ploy by Obama and Holder to manufacture a crisis to bolster thier effort/assault on the Second Amendment.

It's that simple.

What is so surprising is these obama defenders still defend him even after he signed the NDAA which takes away their rights as well as mine.

And you don't think Bush supporters supported him even after he signed the Patriot Act which takes away their rights as well as mine? Many supported him signing it right up until the day Obama extended it. Then suddenly it was not such a grand idea. :eek:

And some still defend it. /shiver.

Immie

It's that simple.

And you don't think Bush supporters supported him even after he signed the Patriot Act which takes away their rights as well as mine? Many supported him signing it right up until the day Obama extended it. Then suddenly it was not such a grand idea. :eek:

Immie
It depends on what the issue is whether or not Bush should be defended.

It's that simple.

I didn't defend him......I told you he is going to take your guns

Get used to it
You are a lying sack of shit you will and have defended obama at every level of his dictatorship.

Immie

Then let me clarify what I said, they defend the Patriot Act and did right up until Obama extended it.

I have to be honest here, except for the immediate reaction after 9/11 (the time that conservatives and liberals were actually united) I cannot think of anything I would defend Bush about. I'm sure that if pressed or someone said "what about X?" I might come up with something, but truthfully, I wish the Bush years never happened.

Now that being said, it does not mean that I wish Gore had won the 2000 election... far be it from that, but Bush 2 set conservatives back a hell of a long way.

Immie

Immie

Then let me clarify what I said, they defend the Patriot Act and did right up until Obama extended it.

I have to be honest here, except for the immediate reaction after 9/11 (the time that conservatives and liberals were actually united) I cannot think of anything I would defend Bush about. I'm sure that if pressed or someone said "what about X?" I might come up with something, but truthfully, I wish the Bush years never happened.

Now that being said, it does not mean that I wish Gore had won the 2000 election... far be it from that, but Bush 2 set conservatives back a hell of a long way.

Immie

A lot did I didn't

Obama is likely to sign some kind of International Agreement regarding control of firearms by the public. He'll need to do this to justify whatever initial control is necessary to implement the disarming of the public so that when his personal police force is created, he can announce the beginning of the Obama dynasty. Far fetched, you say?

Global gun control law pushed by Clinton - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is pushing for the United States to become a party to a global gun control law proposed by the United Nations. And President Barack Obama appears to be sympathetic to such an international power-grab and he's already displayed a propensity for bypassing the legislative process.
In fact, many believe the recent "Operation Fast and Furious" scandal had more to do with gaining support for gun control and gun ownership bans than it had to do with crimefighting and drug cartels.
"The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms," according to Sharon.

"The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened," she added.

Critics believe Obama will appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation in the United States that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Global gun control law pushed by Clinton - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com Global gun control law pushed by Clinton - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com

I don't give a rat's ass what Obama and the U.N. think about gun control. We have rights and anyone who attempts to bypass our system and force the will of other countries on us should be tried for treason.

I know the ultra liberals could care less and may even look forward to the day that King Obama holds the ceremonial constitution burning. They make me ill with their arrogance.

Immie

A lot did I didn't

But, I didn't say you did.

I know I didn't use the word "you" when I responded to your post. I am pretty sure I said "many conservatives". I didn't like the P.A. from the get go. Correction, I said Bush Supporters and I didn't say "you Bush Supporters". ;)

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back