Social scientists agree..welfare increases criminality, poverty, dysfunction

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"Social scientists may dispute the degree of linkage between welfare and illegitimacy, but the vast majority agree that there is some connection. Even William Galston, President Clinton's Deputy Assistant to the President for Domestic Affairs, says that the welfare system is responsible for at least 15 to 20 percent of the family disintegration in America. Others, such as Charles Murray, attribute as much as 50 percent of illegitimacy to welfare. I believe that any objective look at the available literature on this topic indicates a strong correlation between the availability of welfare and out-of-wedlock births."

Welfare Reform - March 9, 1995

"The Maryland NAACP recently concluded that "the ready access to a lifetime of welfare and free social service programs is a major contributory factor to the crime problems we face today." Welfare contributes to crime by destroying the family structure and breaking down the bonds of community. Moreover, it contributes to the social marginalization of young black men by making them irrelevant to the family. Their role has been supplanted by the welfare check. "

"Forty-five percent of
black women managers or professionals have had an illegitimate child,
compared to 3 percent of managerial or professional whites. Half of all
births in New York City are illegitimate, and in some neighborhoods the
proportion reaches 80 percent. A 1997 survey by the federal government
found that the percentage of black high-school students who said they
have had sex was 73 percent, versus 44 percent for whites and 52 percent
for Hispanics.

"But it hasn't always been this way. In 1940, the black illegitimacy
rate was 19 percent, less than what it is for whites now."
http://jkalb.freeshell.org/rants/illegitimacy.html

But I thought birth control and abortion were supposed to stem the flow of illegitimate birth, out of wedlock birth, and poverty! Seems to have had the opposite effect, no?

"Forty-five percent of
for Hispanics.

But I thought birth control and abortion were supposed to stem the flow of illegitimate birth, out of wedlock birth, and poverty! Seems to have had the opposite effect, no?

Logical fallacy, and one of the most retarded ones I've heard lately.

Liar.

When you use the word "logical fallacy" it helps if you know what it is.

Social scientists agree..welfare increases criminality, poverty, dysfunction
....And (as usual), CATO forgot to include that loooooooong-list o' social scientists.

handjob.gif

Whatta bunch o' major-league BULLSHITTERS.

(No doubt the original-authors o' Everybody knows....)

Last edited:
"Forty-five percent of
for Hispanics.

Bullshit....

I've never seen a fine, law abiding and safe community where the majority are on welfare.

You ever been to a housing project???

You ever been to a low income community???

It's not a fucking fallacy - fuck, I could prove it...

There is more crime (violent crime especially) in low income areas than areas with less poverty - middle class/upper middle class/rich.

No, they listed them.

Perhaps you can only read "marquis"

There just aren't enough restrictions or requirements in today's Welfare System. There needs to be more specific requirements strictly enforced as to the length of time and qualifications for receiving benefits. They've just given it all away with no real restrictions or requirements in recent years. It's just one gargantuan free-for-all at this point. The Entitlment/Moocher mentality is destroying our country. What happens when the Takers begin to outnumber the Producers? Looks like we're gonna find out pretty soon unfortunately.

"Forty-five percent of
for Hispanics.

Bullshit....

I've never seen a fine, law abiding and safe community where the majority are on welfare.

You ever been to a housing project???

You ever been to a low income community???

It's not a fucking fallacy - fuck, I could prove it...

There is more crime (violent crime especially) in low income areas than areas with less poverty - middle class/upper middle class/rich.

Ever been to Mexico, where they don't have the kind of social safety net we have?

Is the poverty less severe? Is the crime rate lower?

"Social scientists may dispute the degree of linkage between welfare and illegitimacy, but the vast majority agree that there is some connection. Even William Galston, President Clinton's Deputy Assistant to the President for Domestic Affairs, says that the welfare system is responsible for at least 15 to 20 percent of the family disintegration in America. Others, such as Charles Murray, attribute as much as 50 percent of illegitimacy to welfare. I believe that any objective look at the available literature on this topic indicates a strong correlation between the availability of welfare and out-of-wedlock births."

And all those climatologists don't have their facts. Seems like you have selecitve reasoning.

.......and incredibly cheap blowjobs. Gawd Blast murka !

Yes, crime rates in low-income neighborhoods are higher.

And rates of receiving welfare in low-income areas are higher.

Therefore there obviously must be a correlation, right?

I mean, it couldn't be the fact that the people in the low-income neighborhood are poor as fuck that drives up the crime rate...

Could it?

Nah, that couldn't be it.

Yes, crime rates in low-income neighborhoods are higher.

And rates of receiving welfare in low-income areas are higher.

Therefore there obviously must be a correlation, right?

I mean, it couldn't be the fact that the people in the low-income neighborhood are poor as fuck that drives up the crime rate...

Could it?

Nah, that couldn't be it.

Yea.... so why are we, as a country, not dealing with the causes of crime? Because if we do, we need to provide ladders out of poverty.... work.... and work seems to be very low on the priority list of the left.

Fix the fucking problem... and you'll lose voters.... and that is why the Democrats prefer welfare to work.

Forum List

Back