Obama's NLRB Plays Santa to Unions

I'm enjoying the crap out of it. Nice to see government on the side of working people again.

You're on the side of forcing members to pay for political activities they disagree with?

How is that a good thing for unions or the membership?

The reputation of unions has been severely tarnished because of their political activities. Forcing membership to pay for those political activities just gives more ammo to the right-to-work movement.

Unions have a place -- if they prove valuable, and if they don't minimize their perceived value by seeming like a old-fashioned Chicago-style arm of the Democrat party.

Instead of showing their value, they keep shooting themselves in the foot by overplaying.

You're right. There are some union members who are too stupid to realize that the Republicans are NOT their friends.

Hell, I fell for it for years.

doesn't take away from teh fact, if those guys don't like what the union leadershp is doing, they have the option of running for that leadership or supporting leaders that reflect their views.

"HEy, guys, let's sign on for the "Work Harder for Less M oney and Less Rights" Platform! Um.. guys. Guys? "

Who crowned you god that you decide for others what they deem most fit for their circumstances? Maybe you are too stupid to make your own decisions. It would definitely seem so since you insist on abdicating your personal choice in favor of union dictates.

And until then they should be forced to contribute to political campaigns they disagree with or lose their job.

Sorry -- that's not going to fly. Unions are losing ground. They're not showing their worth to prospective members. They're going to keep withering.

Forcing people to contribute to political campaigns will not be worth the little bit of extra money they get. They need to gather their best stories and launch a good PR campaign to get the public and especially prospective dues-paying members on their side.

Unions are hastening the decline of any help they could give to the middle class and the NLRB is doing them no favors.

Then what are you whining about, then?

Simple solution. Get Corporate AND Union money out of elections. Public financing of elections, NOBODY can contribute more than $100, no Pacs, or SUper Pacs and very limited spending by parties.

If the Unions were supporting Republicans, you'd have no problem with this rule.

I have no argument with getting both corporate AND union money out of elections. My suggestions would also include individual contributions ONLY from persons resident in the area affected by the election.

by Dr. Susan Berry
29 Dec 2012

While politicians have kept the focus on the fiscal cliff and displaced anger toward law-abiding citizens who own guns, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) was able to quietly overturn longstanding precedents to give unions some Christmas gifts that will ultimately hand them a windfall.

In the steamrolling style that is now the hallmark of the Obama administration and its extensions, the NLRB voted 3-1 to gut the Supreme Court’s 1988 Communication Workers of America v. Beck decision, whereby union workers in non-right-to-work states were able to withhold the portion of their dues that unions spend on political activism. The NLRB now allows that unions no longer are required to provide proof, through audits of their finances, to so-called “Beck objectors” that their money is not spent on union politics.

In addition to saving unions from mandatory financial audits, the NLRB also decided that lobbying expenses are now “chargeable to [Beck] objectors, to the extent that they are germane to collective bargaining, contract administration, or grievance adjustment.”

These new rules mean that workers who are forced to join unions and pay union dues have less control than ever over how their money is spent by union leaders. Labor bosses can now spend those funds on just about any lobbying expense whatsoever and never have to justify it.

Read more at:
Obama's NLRB Plays Santa to Unions

Without union money Obama never would have been re-elected.

yep, they OWN OBAMA..that's why all the freebies they are getting...how sick for a President to PICK over all the citizens who don't belong to a Union

And until then they should be forced to contribute to political campaigns they disagree with or lose their job.

Sorry -- that's not going to fly. Unions are losing ground. They're not showing their worth to prospective members. They're going to keep withering.

Forcing people to contribute to political campaigns will not be worth the little bit of extra money they get. They need to gather their best stories and launch a good PR campaign to get the public and especially prospective dues-paying members on their side.

Unions are hastening the decline of any help they could give to the middle class and the NLRB is doing them no favors.

Then what are you whining about, then?

Simple solution. Get Corporate AND Union money out of elections. Public financing of elections, NOBODY can contribute more than $100, no Pacs, or SUper Pacs and very limited spending by parties.

If the Unions were supporting Republicans, you'd have no problem with this rule.

No matter who is supporting whom, I have a SERIOUS problem with that rule. Namely: it is a violation of the 1st Amendment, and a blatant one.

[

No matter who is supporting whom, I have a SERIOUS problem with that rule. Namely: it is a violation of the 1st Amendment, and a blatant one.

The transfer of wealth is not a first amendment issue. Sorry.

Frankly, it's really bribery, when you get right down to it.

If the Koch brothers want to practice freedom of speech, there's no problem with them buying air time and saying "I'm Charles Koch, and I think all you peasents need to grovel."

Of course, if I were a Koch brother, I wouldn't want most Americans to know what I looked like.

Dude, you prove on a daily basis that you are as dumb as a bag of hammers.

Dude, you prove on a daily basis you need anger management therapy...

The very fact that you go to bat for turds like the Koch brothers who would leave you a bloody smear on the pavement if you got in their way shows that you suffer from some kind of Stockholm Syndrome... you need to sympathize with your abusers.

Obama civilian army he promised us...to disrupt our lives

We see they are already creating havoc in some areas..

enjoy it, you all voted for it

I'm enjoying the crap out of it. Nice to see government on the side of working people again.

You're on the side of forcing members to pay for political activities they disagree with?

How is that a good thing for unions or the membership?

The reputation of unions has been severely tarnished because of their political activities. Forcing membership to pay for those political activities just gives more ammo to the right-to-work movement.

Unions have a place -- if they prove valuable, and if they don't minimize their perceived value by seeming like a old-fashioned Chicago-style arm of the Democrat party.

Instead of showing their value, they keep shooting themselves in the foot by overplaying.
You have to understand Joe:

He absolutely LOATHES freedom.

JOEb131 opined:

"if those guys don't like what the union leadershp is doing, they have the option of running for that leadership or supporting leaders that reflect their views."

Conveniently forgetting that those union members who are forced to donate part of their hard earned money to thugs who promote political views they don't support, have NO OPTION of not being members of the union.

Really?...
That's a quick way to end up dead. The cemeteries are full of those that opposed the Marxist leadership in the unions of America. Then there are those that just disappear from the face of the earth.
Why is it that there is no secret balloting in unions?
Please tell me I'm wrong..

Obama civilian army he promised us...to disrupt our lives

We see they are already creating havoc in some areas..

enjoy it, you all voted for it

Two governments that are on the side of working people: State governments of Michigan and Wisconsin, as recent examples.

Yep. Take away their living wage, cut minimum wage, cut them off at the knees.

Do rw's ever ask why this has been bankrolled by the Kochs?

Nope. They just keep voting in favor of losing their freedom to the ultra wealthy.

JOEb131 opined:

"if those guys don't like what the union leadershp is doing, they have the option of running for that leadership or supporting leaders that reflect their views."

Conveniently forgetting that those union members who are forced to donate part of their hard earned money to thugs who promote political views they don't support, have NO OPTION of not being members of the union.

Really?...
That's a quick way to end up dead. The cemeteries are full of those that opposed the Marxist leadership in the unions of America. Then there are those that just disappear from the face of the earth.
Why is it that there is no secret balloting in unions?
Please tell me I'm wrong..

You could not be more wrong.

PLEASE look up the definition of Marxism.

[

Here's a really big difference: CEO's spend their money on lobbying, unions spend my money on their lobbying.

I thought you weren't a member of a union?

Let's be blunt. What has your tit in a wringer is that the Unions used their money to get the black guy re-elected.

Whats so damn funny and downright fun is that the BILLIONS spent by Kochs, Adelson, Mittens and the rest could not buy the election over the relatively small amount spent by unions and Obama followers.

rw's - compare the amounts and compare where the money came from. Most of Mittens' came from huge corporations while most of Obama's donations were in the amount of $250 or less.

Quite a statement by the working class.

And unsurprisingly, duddly comes down on the side that believes the only speech that should be allowed is liberal speech.

You know, if you morons could get people to voluntarily agree with your ideas, you wouldn't have to have the government force them on people.

You will, predictably, be unable to understand this concept.

The very fact that you go to bat for turds like the Koch brothers who would leave you a bloody smear on the pavement if you got in their way shows that you suffer from some kind of Stockholm Syndrome... you need to sympathize with your abusers.

At this point, I'm not sure if you are projecting, hallucinating, lying, or actually mentally ill. I care not at all for the Koch brothers.

At this point, I'm not sure if you are projecting, hallucinating, lying, or actually mentally ill. I care not at all for the Koch brothers.

NO, you just do their bidding, hoping some day they'll let you have the Caviar scraps from their table...

No, actually, I merely believe they should have exactly the same right to free speech as anyone else. You, of course, despise free speech for anyone disagreeing with you.

No, actually, I merely believe they should have exactly the same right to free speech as anyone else. You, of course, despise free speech for anyone disagreeing with you.

I have no problem with the Koch Brothers having free speech... as long as we know it's them and not some paid shill or astro-turf TEA Party.

But I doubt the Koch Bros. want average Americans knowing what they look like lest they have to walk down the street.

I have no problem with the Koch Brothers having free speech... as long as we know it's them and not some paid shill or astro-turf TEA Party.

But I doubt the Koch Bros. want average Americans knowing what they look like lest they have to walk down the street.

Dumbass.

https://www.google.com/search?q=koc...PY9QTvpoHwDw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1920&bih=947

Liar.

Forum List

Back