Obama's new best friend

You are right. An entire career serving in the Marine Corps didn't earn him any respect. :cool:

BTW, you are now officially a douchebag. Trust me, you earned it.

I'm crushed. Remind me to shed a tear when I think about how important your opinion is of me sometime in the next century or so.

You are right. An entire career serving in the Marine Corps didn't earn him any respect. :cool:

He would only respect Gunny if he were serving Israel.

I have to respectfully say that just because someone served in the USMC, even for a career, they don't automatically earn respect. Some of the most vile people I've known were E7s 8s and 9s I served with. Not that Gunny is one of these people but I reserve my respect for those who earn it through their actions.

I have to respectfully say that just because someone served in the USMC, even for a career, they don't automatically earn respect. Some of the most vile people I've known were E7s 8s and 9s I served with. Not that Gunny is one of these people but I reserve my respect for those who earn it through their actions.

Then we disagree.

Well put.

Where is the proof he lied about them? You do remember that EVERYONE in Europe and elsewhere believed they existed, that Clinton and all his former staff believed they existed? Did they ALL lie?

Everyone lied except Israel. Oh and with Clinton, it's "What's your definition of existed?"

Where is the proof he lied about them? You do remember that EVERYONE in Europe and elsewhere believed they existed, that Clinton and all his former staff believed they existed? Did they ALL lie?

Uh, well, gosh, since there AREN'T any WMD's, and we've kinda been in Iraq for a little while and we haven't found any...

It's kinda hard to miss a massive collection of WMD's. Oh wait, lemmie guess.. they're in Syria now, right? Who gave Saddam WMD's again? That's right! WE DID.

I didn't realize Chicago politics was still as corrupt as it was during the days of the original Mayor Dailey. Some things never change.

Well then you haven't been paying attention, it never changed after Mayor Daley and for some reason I think you're too young to remember the first?

I really do not know how to respond to that other than say, 'Google.'

I'd ask my cousin who lives there but he thinks dems can do no wrong and repubs can do no right. .....

so I can't get a balanced opinion from him.

I'd ask my cousin who lives there but he thinks dems can do no wrong and repubs can do no right. .....

so I can't get a balanced opinion from him.

Chicago of course is in a class by itself, however I'd say the political climate of the state allows Chicago to be Chicago. Both parties. It would probably be a runoff between LA and IL to which is more corrupt.

Whether Obama keeps Fitzgerald as US Attorney for Chicago or not will tell us a lot about our new President.

From the Chicago Tribune:

Story continues here

Maybe he should hire Alberto Gonzales and also add 150 US Attorney's from Pat Robertson's fake, Jesus loving law school thats not even accredited. Oh wait, thats already been done by an idiot

The only way anyone gets my respect in this place is by their posts.

Did you guys know that I was the Cheif of Naval Operations? Or that that I am a self made trillionaire who was born in a manger to a virgin mother?

My point here, is that anybody can tell us anything they want about who and what they are.

Giving them respect based on their self reports is kind of silly, isn't it?

I am dubious about more than half the posters here, as regarding what they claim about themselves.

I don't make a big deal of it because I don't really care what they are in real life.

We'll know soon enough when people post to us who is probably full of it.

Now I believe RGS is what he says he is.

But having been a gunny doesn't earn much respect from me.

I knew gunnies who weren't worth a shit, just as I knew gunnies who I'd have followed into hell.

Any respect or disresepct RSG gets from me is based on what he does here, not what he might or might not have done in his past.

Why did they believe? Who told them? As Michael Moore said when he fronted O'Reilly "Saying that stuff is what an 8 year old would say. This is the president of the United States." For once in his life O'Reilly was speechless. Go figure....

Umm, read again what I posted. I SAID Obama would not pledge to keep Fitzgerald in Chicago.

I'm sorry you don't feel well.
Having read the editorial, seems they did get a promise out of Obama:

Obama's new best friend -- chicagotribune.com

...Fitzgerald's federal agents and prosecutors are investigating numerous arms of Chicago, Cook County and state governments. The Oct. 30 indictment of Springfield power broker William Cellini, and the Nov. 3 guilty plea from former Chicago Ald. Edward Vrdolyak, are but two more beats in an accelerating drumroll of cases. These men long were viewed as members of an untouchable caste in Illinois politics: Through the years, how many U.S. attorneys have served in Springfield and Chicago without seriously probing their conduct?

Testimony during Rezko's trial alleged that high-ranking Illinois Republicans had conspired to have the Bush administration oust Fitzgerald. Near the end of the Cellini indictment, the feds formalized that allegation, with Cellini as one of the conspirators accused of attempting to halt Fitzgerald's investigations of public corruption here. Cellini's attorney says he is innocent.

As for Vrdolyak: A lot of the people now sweating over Fitzgerald's next moves aren't nearly as smart as Fast Eddie. If he couldn't evade this U.S. attorney, how will they?

The stakes for corrupt officials are high: They risk losing their careers, their pensions and their freedom. How long until the U.S. Bureau of Prisons opens an Illinois Wing—deep dish pizza on Tuesdays, Bears games on cable—in one of its penitentiaries?

Forum List

Back