Obama's new best friend

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Whether Obama keeps Fitzgerald as US Attorney for Chicago or not will tell us a lot about our new President.

From the Chicago Tribune:

Today one unstoppable force of nature threatens the culture of sleaze and its insider financial deals, its illegal patronage hiring, and its pay-to-play contracts for cronies: Since his arrival from New York in 2001, U.S. Atty. Patrick Fitzgerald has demonstrated the energy and integrity that, in time, could liberate Illinoisans from indentured servitude to criminals in government.

President-elect Barack Obama has said he'll keep Fitzgerald in the job, and we trust he'll keep his word. But Fitzgerald, who serves at the president's pleasure, has powerful enemies. They know that as his list of cooperating witnesses lengthens—convicted fundraiser Antoin "Tony" Rezko may be joining that club—so does his list of potential targets. Those with reason to fear Fitzgerald's breath on their necks would love to see him dumped—or promoted high into Justice Department oblivion—when Obama takes office.
Story continues here

Perhaps the most significant reason I didn't want Obama to win, Chicago desperately needs Fitzgerald, he's close to indicting Blogo, closing in on the top of city hall, many are already in jail. My happy dance will be when Blogo joins Ryan in penitentiary. One dem, one rep, two IL governors. *sigh*

Perhaps the most significant reason I didn't want Obama to win, Chicago desperately needs Fitzgerald, he's close to indicting Blogo, closing in on the top of city hall, many are already in jail. My happy dance will be when Blogo joins Ryan in penitentiary. One dem, one rep, two IL governors. *sigh*

Thats a grand tradition we have here, isn't it?

Like I said it will be a good way to judge Obama. If he does not interfere than perhaps Obama is a man of integrity and goodwill who simply has misguided economic policies.

Like I said it will be a good way to judge Obama. If he does not interfere than perhaps Obama is a man of integrity and goodwill who simply has misguided economic policies.

Seems to me that he wouldn't pledge to the Tribune editorial board not to promote and move him, something he said he doesn't want. McCain said he'd keep him here.

Oh well, one can't expect someone that is beholden to the machine to want it cleaned up. I heard Bill Daley is to be put on staff.

Seems to me that he wouldn't pledge to the Tribune editorial board not to promote and move him, something he said he doesn't want. McCain said he'd keep him here.

Oh well, one can't expect someone that is beholden to the machine to want it cleaned up. I heard Bill Daley is to be put on staff.

If Obama said he'll keep him, I guess it would be too much to ask that people wait and make statements about being beholden to the machine until after he goes back on his word.

It seems ya'll are trying and convicting Obama before he does something.

I know, I know, you're only treating him like Bush was treated. The difference being you won't admit you were wrong if and when it proves you are. and that is what makes me sick.

If Obama said he'll keep him, I guess it would be too much to ask that people wait and make statements about being beholden to the machine until after he goes back on his word.

I know, I know, you're only treating him like Bush was treated. The difference being you won't admit you were wrong if and when it proves you are. and that is what makes me sick.

Umm, read again what I posted. I SAID Obama would not pledge to keep Fitzgerald in Chicago.

I'm sorry you don't feel well.

Remind me of how Bush has been proven wrong on the accusations you dumbshits keep making? Ohh wait, I forgot, the left does not need evidence it just needs to say something over and over for years till it just is true.

YOU make me sick.

Remind me of how Bush has been proven wrong on the accusations you dumbshits keep making? Ohh wait, I forgot, the left does not need evidence it just needs to say something over and over for years till it just is true.

YOU make me sick.

Where are those wmd's, Sarge?

Whether Obama keeps Fitzgerald as US Attorney for Chicago or not will tell us a lot about our new President.

From the Chicago Tribune:

Story continues here

Funny you left out this part of the article you quoted...

"Testimony during Rezko's trial alleged that high-ranking Illinois Republicans had conspired to have the Bush administration oust Fitzgerald. Near the end of the Cellini indictment, the feds formalized that allegation, with Cellini as one of the conspirators accused of attempting to halt Fitzgerald's investigations of public corruption here. Cellini's attorney says he is innocent."

Funny you left out this part of the article you quoted...

"Testimony during Rezko's trial alleged that high-ranking Illinois Republicans had conspired to have the Bush administration oust Fitzgerald. Near the end of the Cellini indictment, the feds formalized that allegation, with Cellini as one of the conspirators accused of attempting to halt Fitzgerald's investigations of public corruption here. Cellini's attorney says he is innocent."

I don't think you'd find anyone from Illinois saying it was all Democrats. I'm certain I expressed my wish to see Ryan and Blogo sharing a cell. Ryan (R), our former governor is currently serving his sentence. I expect that if Fitzgerald has a few more months, Blogo (D), will be joining him. Rezko, money spreader to both parties is reported to be singing.

I don't think you'd find anyone from Illinois saying it was all Democrats. I'm certain I expressed my wish to see Ryan and Blogo sharing a cell. Ryan (R), our former governor is currently serving his sentence. I expect that if Fitzgerald has a few more months, Blogo (D), will be joining him. Rezko, money spreader to both parties is reported to be singing.

I didn't realize Chicago politics was still as corrupt as it was during the days of the original Mayor Dailey. Some things never change.

Charles "Texas Tower" Whitman was a Marine too.

So was Lee Harvey Oswald. Those two people are prime examples of what a highly motivated Marine with a rifle can accomplish. (sorry, Full Metal Jacket reference)

Tell you what. When RGS starts shooting people off of a clock tower, we'll have this discussion again. Until then, his service has earned my respect, no matter what he says on an internet message board.

Forum List

Back