The Republicans are getting desperate..

My point is, that I don't believe in guilt by association. I'm not a right winger because my father is. I'm not a "terrorist sympathizer" because my boss was SDS when he was a kid anymore than I was entitled to kudos for the honors he had later in life.

As for Ayers... Del, you're a smart guy. You know what politics are and how it makes strange bedfellows. If any politically powerful person is required to run down the list of their "associates", there are going to be some unsavory people there. For me, the ultimate question is... will those unsavory people affect policy. I don't think Obama's will... I think McCain's undoubtedly already have.

So there ya go.

And we both know this is only being done now because the McCain camp is desperate.

Exactly.

The entire GOP campaign has never been about issues. Its always been about the lowest common demoninator. Obama is a secret muslim, he's not an american citizen, he attended radical madrasses, he's a fancy pants elitist. I've barely ever heard one republican surrogate or McCain campaign staff talk about McCain's healthcare plan, his position on NAFTA trade, his position on Roe v. Wade, and until recently Repubs were all against regulation of "the markets".

Its almost as if republicans would rather crash and burn our democracy, than see a Democrat in the white house. Their campaign is appealing to the most sleazy, lowest common denominator, the most base and vile instincts of people. They don't want to talk about issues, they'd rather burn down the village to keep a Democrat out of office.

All politicans, and most people, have associations that are unpleasant. People's character can always be questioned, unless they are Mother Theresa. McCain repeatedly cheated on his wife, he divorced her when she became badly disfigured in a car accident and married a beer heiress 20 years his junior. A beer heiress that stole drugs from her own charity. McCain was associated with criminals who cost american tax payers a trillion dollars in the S&L crisis. Sarah Palin and her husband associate with a political party who advocates sedition and treason. Who's leader hates the United States. McCain has numerous "associations" with criminals and terrorist sympathizers, which have never been exploited by the Obama campaign.

Palin and McCain are taking the low road because they're desparate. No doubt about it.

Sorry, the Democrats don't need to. When a Democrat is ahead by 2 points in North Carolina, he can take the higher road and not get down in the mud.
are you really this dumb? a poll of less than 10 million voters in NC NOW shows obama is ahead and you think he's goona 100% win, are you that dumb?

And to be honest if you married with someone and
your not psyhically into them whhy should you stay. out of pity gtfho

are you really this dumb? a poll of less than 10 million voters in NC NOW shows obama is ahead and you think he's goona 100% win, are you that dumb?

And to be honest if you married with someone and
your not psyhically into them whhy should you stay. out of pity gtfho

:confused:

Exactly.

The entire GOP campaign has never been about issues. Its always been about the lowest common demoninator.

That you can sit there and claim that the Dems take the high road is laughable. Remind me about the babygate smear and its relevance to the issues.

That you can sit there and claim that the Dems take the high road is laughable. Remind me about the babygate smear and its relevance to the issues.

You're confusing some anonymous left wing posters, with "the obama campaign".

Nobody in the Obama campaign went after the Palin family. In fact, Obama explicitly said going after 17 year olds was vile.

In contrast Sarah Palin herself called obama a terrorist sympathizer, and Prominent republicans like John McCain and Rush Limbaugh called the 16 year old Chelsea Clinton an ugly dog.

Nobody in the Obama campaign went after the Palin family. In fact, Obama explicitly said going after 17 year olds was vile.

In contrast Sarah Palin herself called obama a terrorist sympathizer, and Prominent republicans like John McCain and Rush Limbaugh called the 16 year old Chelsea Clinton an ugly dog.
^^^ link plz

they've been down on their bellies for so long they think an ant hill is the hgih road! :lol:

polls mean nothing unless it's on election day

It's called "Trend" Jennifer. The "trend" is that more people want Obama in the White House than want McCain in the White House. Over the course from the 1980 election, the trend of polls has NEVER been wrong. Gore and Bush were evenly tied for months in polls. Look what happened. Bush held a commanding lead over Kerry in the polls. Look what happened. As I've said in the past, unless a terrorist attack occurs in the US, OR Bush gives the green light for Israel to attack Iran, Obama is going to win.

^^^ link plz

Don't watch the news much?

Sarah Palin accused Obama yesterday with "palling around with terrorists."

Google is your friend. I think everyone who follows politics heard about it. Do you really think Obama is pals with terrorists? Is that the kind of campaign you're proud of?

Or, should the campaign be made about the Keating five, Cindy McCain stealing drugs from her own charity, or the Palin's association with treasonous alaskan political groups?.

The issue is Obama's character and whether he is fit to serve, that is fair game in any election for public office. If Obama has associations with unsavory people, we need to understand those relationships and determine for ourself whether that affects his ability to serve. There is a reticence among Obama supporters to be told how to think and feel about him rather than process the information yourself.

The same goes for McCain, though the information on him is not lacking. If I do vote for McCain, it will not be because he has earned 100% of my support, that I can assure you.

By the way, it's not cool for either side to go after the kids. That we can agree on.

Last edited:
It's called "Trend" Jennifer. The "trend" is that more people want Obama in the White House than want McCain in the White House. Over the course from the 1980 election, the trend of polls has NEVER been wrong. Gore and Bush were evenly tied for months in polls. Look what happened. Bush held a commanding lead over Kerry in the polls. Look what happened. As I've said in the past, unless a terrorist attack occurs in the US, OR Bush gives the green light for Israel to attack Iran, Obama is going to win.
exit poll had kerry by 5 points

what about nh, every poll said he would win, don't be foolish

Forum List

Back