Obama's Middle Eastern Nuclear Arms Race Has Begun

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Israel: The Arab nuclear-arms race has begun - Hot Air

"Who could have predicted that the deal John Kerry and Barack Obama cut with Iran would lead to a nuclear-arms race in the region? Well … everyone, really, especially since the deal frees Iran up after 15 years (or less) to openly pursue nuclear weapons, and gives them massive resources to covertly pursue them in the short run, too."

"Israel has picked up signs of the beginning of a nuclear arms race in the Middle East as Arab states seek nuclear weapons to counter Iran, the Israeli defence minister has warned.<

Moshe Ya’alon said Sunni Arab nations were not reassured by last year’s nuclear deal between Iran and six world powers and were making their own preparations for nuclear weapons.

“We see signs that countries in the Arab world are preparing to acquire nuclear weapons, that they are not willing to sit quietly with Iran on brink of a nuclear or atomic bomb,” Mr Ya’alon said."

---------

According to the World Nuclear Organization Over 45 countries are actively considering embarking upon nuclear power programs
  • The front runners are UAE, Turkey, Vietnam, Belarus, and Poland.
  • UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan are all exploring nuclear program development

Emerging Nuclear Energy Countries | New Nuclear Build Countries - World Nuclear Association

Obama's narcissism and desire to leave a lasting legacy seems to have done anything but what he envisioned, which supposedly was to prevent a nuclear armed Iran and ensure (somewhat) peace in the Middle East.

President Obama and his administration negotiated with Iran from a position of weakness and was seen as weak by the world during the negotiations. During the negotiations Iran's military ran training exercises that consisted in conducting attacks against a mock US Aircraft Carrier, and the leader of Iran led his people in chants of 'Death to America'. They openly mocked America. Fearing Iran might walk away from the negotiating table, John Kerry also refused to ask for the release of Americans being held captive by Iran.

Did the deal ensure Iran would not get nuclear weapons. No.
Did start a nuclear arms race in the ME. The signs point to Yes.

Obama has potentially opened up 'Pandora's box'. All we need are nuclear weapons in the hands of radicalized Islamic Extremists who are willing to die to rid the world on Non-Muslims, who have beheaded, burned alive, drowned, and slaughtered people who do not embrace their ideology, who don't mind starting a nuclear war with other Middle Eastern nations, as long as they can take out Israel and kill 'the great Satan', the United States.

(There is a group called the 'Twelvers' - they believe the 12th Imam has already been born and is here on Earth waiting. Former Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was a 12er. At one point the 12ers became so powerful the Shah ordered all of them to be killed, but they reached a stand-off, an agreement. Their belief, their goal, is to bring about Armageddon at which point the 12th Imam would appear.Yeah, it's kind of like the Islamic 'Revelations' / return of Christ. Ahmadinejad and other 12ers believed this could be brought about by starting a nuclear war / taking out Israel. What better way for them to bring about their 'Armageddon' than to acquire nukes, affect the acquisition of nukes by other countries in the ME (with Obama's help, being the catalyst for beginning the nuclear arm's race in the ME), and then start a nuclear war there beginning with the nuclear strike on Israel?!)

If Pakistan can have nukes, anyone should be allowed to.
Sure why not? Let's let wackos who want to take over the world and are unafraid, even looking forward to, death have nukes! What could possibly go wrong? After all, Pakistan has them! Let's pass them around to everybody! Let's offer to pay for them too!

If Pakistan can have nukes, anyone should be allowed to.
Why?

Pakistan is not full of people who believe that if you do not accept what they believe in they want you dead.
Pakistan is a threat, IMO, anyway. They have nukes, and they 'play both sides of the line' in regards to politics in their country. By that I mean they allow the Taliban to cross their borders and hunker down for the winter in their northern section while opposing them (in appeasement of others in the country, the 'flip side of the coin', if you will), conducting raids on the Taliban and keeping them in check. The US has actually had to keep an eye on the Taliban inside Pakistan to ensure they did not get their hands on the nuclear weapons. Once, from what I read, the Taliban got within 13 miles of the nuclear facility before being beaten/pushed back. (I think the Taliban came to grips with the idea that attempting to seize Pakistan's nukes would open up a whole different can of worms and draw 'fire'/trouble they don't want/need.)

Obama has expressed in the past an idea of 'who are we to tell other nations they can or can not have nukes. On one hand I agree, that we should not impose our will on other nations; however, with nukes it is a whole different issue. In the most simplified terms, it is not my job to tell a child that is not mine they can not have candy...but if I see them reach for a gun sitting on the counter I am going to step in and take it from them, for the protection of the child, myself, and others around that would be in harm's way. Obama's idea that we should allow the child to pick up the gun and play with it is extremely dangerous.

Forum List

Back