Obama's mandate ??????????

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
What exactly was this mandate the American people gave to Obama and the Democratic Party in the last election? (according to media and the Democrats)
I thought it could be, get the government working again, strive for bipartisanship, cut spending, get us out of Iraq, get the economy moving again, get the American people employed but now I'm not so sure.
On health care for instance, Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic Party wrote their versions of the health care bills and :eusa_hand: (blocked) the Republicans from any input at all. While in the Senate Harry Reid is allowing only three Republicans to have any input at all!
All while blaming Republicans for their present state of meltdown and chaos! :eusa_angel:

I remember when Bush claimed to have a mandate and was trounced on by the media and the Dems. (Of course I was looking at the margin of victory and wondering exactly where this mandate came from).

When Obama won by a narrower margin and claimed a mandate the silence was deafening.
(Again I was wondering exactly where this mandate came from)

Uuuuuummmmm.

I think people seriously believed Obama was different... that he would change things ... that the status quo would be shaken up.

The reality is somewhat different.

I still hope Obama will pull some big save out of his ass. Seriously... I haven't lost hope entirely, but maybe I'm naive.

I often daydream about what would have happened if McCain had been elected and Pailin was the VP. Do any of you think about this? PM me. :)

I remember when Bush claimed to have a mandate and was trounced on by the media and the Dems. (Of course I was looking at the margin of victory and wondering exactly where this mandate came from).

When Obama won by a narrower margin and claimed a mandate the silence was deafening.

Uuuuuummmmm.

I think you might have missed something.

In 2000, Bush lost the popular vote.
In 2004, Bush won the popular vote by 3 million votes.
In 2008, Obama won the popular vote by nearly 10 million votes.

How is that a smaller margin?

**I remember when Bush claimed to have a mandate and was trounced on by the media and the Dems. (Of course I was looking at the margin of victory and wondering exactly where this mandate came from).
Now, I'll trying to recall was that Social Security, Iraqi War Surge ( Democrats turning yellow with memory loss), immigration reform ( Republicans pissed off) or something else?

***In 2008, Obama won the popular vote by nearly 10 million votes.

And now has over 30,000,000 and growing unemployment, mandate?

**I think people seriously believed Obama was different... that he would change things ... that the status quo would be shaken up.

Oh Ya, Hard left, it's much different and freakin people out, I'd say.
I believe it's because he's turned all primary legislation over to Pelosi and has offered little from the White House other than "fishy stuff".

theDoctorisIn ***Moving the goalposts, are we?

AHHH........ Well Doc .......what do you recommend?

Last edited:

Uuuuuummmmm.

lol ...

What elections were you watching?

I think people seriously believed Obama was different... that he would change things ... that the status quo would be shaken up.

I still hope Obama will pull some big save out of his ass. Seriously... I haven't lost hope entirely, but maybe I'm naive.

I often daydream about what would have happened if McCain had been elected and Pailin was the VP. Do any of you think about this? PM me. :)

I would have put my houses on the market and moved to Spain, France, Greece or somewhere.......

What exactly was this mandate the American people gave to Obama and the Democratic Party in the last election? (according to media and the Democrats)
I thought it could be, get the government working again, strive for bipartisanship, cut spending, get us out of Iraq, get the economy moving again, get the American people employed but now I'm not so sure.
On health care for instance, Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic Party wrote their versions of the health care bills and :eusa_hand: (blocked) the Republicans from any input at all. While in the Senate Harry Reid is allowing only three Republicans to have any input at all!
All while blaming Republicans for their present state of meltdown and chaos! :eusa_angel:

Who thinks Obama has a MANDATE, exactly?

Nobody I know.

Uuuuuummmmm.

Which elections were you talking about?

Bush's "mandate" was he lost the popular vote and won the electoral by 25 votes. He beat Kerry by just one state (Ohio).

Obama won the electoral vote by a 2:1 margin and the popular vote by nine million. His mandate was also supported by democratic sweeps in the House, Senate and Governorships. "We the People" have spoken

Who thinks Obama has a MANDATE, exactly?

Nobody I know.

I think that 9 million more popular votes and sweeps through the house and senate is pretty much the best definition of a mandate that i've ever heard.

The fact is, Obama has a broad mandate

The mandate was.......The republicans have screwed this country up royally. They got us involved in two wars that were not necessary and my 401K and house are now worth nothing. Mr Obama, we want you to get us out of this

Well...I dont know how Palin would have done....but there is one thing I know as fact....

For over a month....

40 republican senators complained
8 democratic blue dogs complained
about 150 congresspeople complained
tens of thousands of Americans complained
Many on talk radio complained....

and nothing was changed.

Palin writes ONE thing on face book...and it is pulled from the bill.

Hmmmmm..............

I would have put my houses on the market and moved to Spain, France, Greece or somewhere.......

Interesting.....wonder what you are afraid of. Personal responsibility?

I know....it is so hard to do things for yourself.

You just illustrated the trait that gets libs called unpatriotic. :clap2:

BTW, it's not too late. I doubt your runaway style would be missed.

Forum List

Back